Kindred Nursing and Healthcare - Bayberry is a senior living facility located in Concord, California, a city with a total of 123,688 people. This facility is one of the highest-graded facilities we looked at. A score of this caliber requires superb scores across the board. This nursing home proved to be one of the better nursing homes in Concord, which has a strong selection of facilities. One of the best aspects of this facility's remarkable report card is its inspection score. We discuss inspections in the next paragraph.
Kindred Nursing and Healthcare - Bayberry
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
On top of receiving a strong overall score, this nursing home also earned an A+ inspection score. This grade is based on its recent inspection reports. An A+ in this area is one of the best complements we can pay to a nursing home. Inspection scores account for a host of factors included in a facility's inspection report. One of the most important criteria we weigh heavily is the number and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with better grades in this category generally have few severe deficiencies. While this place had a few deficiencies on its report, none of them were serious based on CMS' scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
Contributing to its high-end resume, this nursing home also excelled in our short-term care category. In fact, we gave it a score of A in the category. Short-term care scores are based on the nursing home's quantity of skilled nursing services. This means a vast scope of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, not to mention other types of therapy. We were not able to find registered nurse or physical therapy staffing data for this facility. Finally, we looked at the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 6.8 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Kindred Nursing and Healthcare - Bayberry?
Long-term Care Quality
We also wanted to draw your attention to the fact that this facility was awarded a first-rate score of A in our long-term care category. When nursing homes receive this type of score in this category it is typically a good sign for resident care and suggests that the place is well-staffed with nurses aids. One of the statistics we considered in addition to nursing hours is vaccines. This nursing home provided the pneumonia vaccine to 100 percent of its residents. Vaccination is a reliable method to avoid unnecessary deaths for the elderly population. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. It had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
In our final category, we gave this facility a grade of A+ for our nursing score. This rounded out a very strong profile. Our nursing grade consists of many components, many of which are based on levels of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well in the area of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Kindred Nursing and Healthcare - Bayberry Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Kindred Nursing and Healthcare - Bayberry, 7.45% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic tells you the percentage of long-term patients which developed pressure ulcers or bed sores. We use this statistic in calculating our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Kindred Nursing and Healthcare - Bayberry, 1.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents that suffered from a fall resulting in serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Kindred Nursing and Healthcare - Bayberry, 1.24% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely caused by worse hygiene protocols. However, this datapoint may also be misleading for some nursing homes due to different reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Kindred Nursing and Healthcare - Bayberry, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications may be helpful for many residents, it is important to ensure these medications are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Kindred Nursing and Healthcare - Bayberry, 13.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric indicates the percent of long-term stay patients that were given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are generally used to treat residents suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Kindred Nursing and Healthcare - Bayberry, 4.64% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who are exhibiting symptoms of depression. Many in the industry would argue this is a measure of quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Kindred Nursing and Healthcare - Bayberry, 95.44% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Kindred Nursing and Healthcare - Bayberry, 7.92% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of residents that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with ADL's could be a sign of decline of a patient's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Kindred Nursing and Healthcare - Bayberry, 12.45% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of patients that remained mobile levels over time. Optimizing mobility can be a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Kindred Nursing and Healthcare - Bayberry, 1.61 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Kindred Nursing and Healthcare - Bayberry, 12.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. Minimizing rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Kindred Nursing and Healthcare - Bayberry, 9.83 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Kindred Nursing and Healthcare - Bayberry, 79.79% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percent of short-term care residents who saw functional improvements.
Scores for Concord, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Concord, California has 4 other nursing homes
- John Muir Medical Center - Concord CampusAcute Care Hospitals 0.47 miles away2540 East St Concord California 94520Voluntary non-profit - Private(925) 682-8200
- John Muir Behavioral Health CenterPsychiatric 0.58 miles away2740 Grant Street Concord California 94524Voluntary non-profit - Private(925) 674-4101
- John Muir Medical Center - Walnut Creek CampusAcute Care Hospitals 4.35 miles away1601 Ygnacio Valley Rd Walnut Creek California 94598Voluntary non-profit - Other(925) 939-3000
- Contra Costa Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.46 miles away2500 Alhambra Avenue Martinez California 94553Government - Local(925) 370-5000
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - Walnut CreekAcute Care Hospitals 6.01 miles away1425 S Main Street Walnut Creek California 94596Voluntary non-profit - Private(925) 295-4000
- Sutter Delta Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.64 miles away3901 Lone Tree Way Antioch California 94509Voluntary non-profit - Private(925) 779-7200
- Alta Bates Summit Medical Center - Alta Bates CampAcute Care Hospitals 14.38 miles away2450 Ashby Avenue Berkeley California 94705Voluntary non-profit - Private(510) 204-4444
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - AntiochAcute Care Hospitals 14.43 miles away4501 Sand Creek Road Antioch California 94531Voluntary non-profit - Private(925) 813-6500
- Fkc San Miguel0.98 miles away2731 Systron Drive Suite 100 Concord California 94518Dialysis Stations: 25 (925) 676-6401
- Fmc Diablo Concord1.44 miles away508 Contra Costa Blvd #D Pleasant Hill California 94523CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (925) 798-8844
- Walnut Creek at Home3.45 miles away400 N Wiget Lane Walnut Creek California 94598Dialysis Stations: 3 (925) 979-9732
- Walnut Creek Dialysis3.45 miles away404 North Wiget Lane Walnut Creek California 94598CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (925) 937-0203
- Concord Dialysis Center4.06 miles away2300 Stanwell Drive Suite C Concord California 94520CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (925) 677-7492
- Fmc Diablo Walnut Creek4.84 miles away365 Lennon Lane #160 Walnut Creek California 94598Dialysis Stations: 20 (925) 947-4545
- Walnut Creek West Dialysis Center7.03 miles away1221 Rossmoor Pkwy Walnut Creek California 94595Dialysis Stations: 21 (925) 295-9830
- Benicia Dialysis Center8.27 miles away560 First Street Bldg d103 Benicia California 94510CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 14 (707) 745-1488