Kindred Nursing and Healthcare - Bayberry is a senior living facility located in Concord, California, a city with a total of 123,688 people. This nursing home received an A- overall, which is among the most impressive grades we offer. A grade of this caliber requires superb marks across the board. In fact, we were so impressed with this nursing home that we rated it ahead of the majority of the nursing homes in Concord, which boasts a decent selection of facilities. The best part of this nursing home's impressive profile was its inspection rating. Inspection reports are discussed in the next paragraph
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Kindred Nursing and Healthcare - Bayberry
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Concord senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
One of the many reasons this place ended up being a great nursing home is that it received an A+ inspection grade. This is as good as it gets in this category. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in determining these inspection scores. One of those factors is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of the deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the number of deficiencies, as some of these end up being quite minor. This facility was hit with 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe deficiencies. This tells you that the government inspectors did not consider any of these deficiencies to be an immediate risk to resident health or safety. A couple minor deficiencies are not the end of the world.
Short-term Care Quality
Contributing to its high-end profile, this nursing home also received an excellent short-term care score, with a score of A. Short-term care scores are based on the nursing home's quantity of highly-skilled nursing services. This means a broad range of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, in addition to other variations of therapy. Unfortunately, we weren't able to locate information on registered nurse or physical therapy staffing for this nursing home. Finally, we assessed the percentage of patients that ultimately were able to return home from this nursing home. We found that 6.2 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Kindred Nursing and Healthcare - Bayberry?
Long-term Care Quality
This facility received an impressive long-term care score as well. We awarded it one of our higher grades in that category with a grade of B+. Long-term care grades of this caliber generally require both around the clock care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine medical care. After considering the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination records. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its patients against pneumonia. Vaccines are critical to keeping residents out of the hospital. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
The next area we assessed is nursing. In that category, we gave this facility a favorable grade of B. Nursing scores are based in large part on nurse staffing levels. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed better than average in this area. This is often a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can typically be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Kindred Nursing and Healthcare - Bayberry Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Kindred Nursing and Healthcare - Bayberry, 5.96% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint tells you the percentage of long-term residents which developed pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are an indicator of the quality of nursing care a nursing home provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Kindred Nursing and Healthcare - Bayberry, 2.68% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of patients who have had a major fall. Falls leading to major injury are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a barometer of nursing care . Falls which result in injury are routinely caused by poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Kindred Nursing and Healthcare - Bayberry, 0.97% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes associated with poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Kindred Nursing and Healthcare - Bayberry, 8.63% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of residents who were given antipsychotic medications. These drugs are used to treat a variety of medical conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Kindred Nursing and Healthcare - Bayberry, 9.22% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint is an indication of the percentage of long-term patients who are administered antianxiety medication. These drugs are generally used to treat residents suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Kindred Nursing and Healthcare - Bayberry, 0% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care residents who are exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Kindred Nursing and Healthcare - Bayberry, 100% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term residents that were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for seniors, making these types of vaccines critical to patient well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Kindred Nursing and Healthcare - Bayberry, 2.36% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term patients who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Kindred Nursing and Healthcare - Bayberry, 3.74% of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents that remained mobile levels. Some experts would argue that the ability to move around is vital to patients well-being.
In Kindred Nursing and Healthcare - Bayberry, 0.02 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Kindred Nursing and Healthcare - Bayberry, 3.74% of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Kindred Nursing and Healthcare - Bayberry, 19.45% of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Kindred Nursing and Healthcare - Bayberry, 96.9% of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of short-term patients that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some experts would argue that this is a reasonable measure of rehabilitation services.
Scores for Concord, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Concord, California has 4 other nursing homes
- John Muir Medical Center - Concord CampusAcute Care Hospitals 0.47 miles away2540 East St Concord California 94520Voluntary non-profit - Private(925) 682-8200
- John Muir Behavioral Health CenterPsychiatric 0.58 miles away2740 Grant Street Concord California 94524Voluntary non-profit - Private(925) 674-4101
- John Muir Medical Center - Walnut Creek CampusAcute Care Hospitals 4.35 miles away1601 Ygnacio Valley Rd Walnut Creek California 94598Voluntary non-profit - Other(925) 939-3000
- Contra Costa Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.46 miles away2500 Alhambra Avenue Martinez California 94553Government - Local(925) 370-5000
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - Walnut CreekAcute Care Hospitals 6.01 miles away1425 S Main Street Walnut Creek California 94596Voluntary non-profit - Private(925) 295-4000
- Sutter Delta Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.64 miles away3901 Lone Tree Way Antioch California 94509Voluntary non-profit - Private(925) 779-7200
- Alta Bates Summit Medical Center - Alta Bates CampAcute Care Hospitals 14.38 miles away2450 Ashby Avenue Berkeley California 94705Voluntary non-profit - Private(510) 204-4444
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - AntiochAcute Care Hospitals 14.43 miles away4501 Sand Creek Road Antioch California 94531Voluntary non-profit - Private(925) 813-6500
- Fkc San Miguel0.98 miles away2731 Systron Drive Suite 100 Concord California 94518Dialysis Stations: 25 (925) 676-6401
- Fmc Diablo Concord1.44 miles away508 Contra Costa Blvd #D Pleasant Hill California 94523CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (925) 798-8844
- Walnut Creek at Home3.45 miles away400 N Wiget Lane Walnut Creek California 94598Dialysis Stations: 3 (925) 979-9732
- Walnut Creek Dialysis3.45 miles away404 North Wiget Lane Walnut Creek California 94598CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (925) 937-0203
- Concord Dialysis Center4.06 miles away2300 Stanwell Drive Suite C Concord California 94520CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (925) 677-7492
- Fmc Diablo Walnut Creek4.84 miles away365 Lennon Lane #160 Walnut Creek California 94598Dialysis Stations: 20 (925) 947-4545
- Walnut Creek West Dialysis Center7.03 miles away1221 Rossmoor Pkwy Walnut Creek California 94595Dialysis Stations: 21 (925) 295-9830
- Benicia Dialysis Center8.27 miles away560 First Street Bldg d103 Benicia California 94510CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 14 (707) 745-1488