Kindred Nursing and Healthcare - Bayberry is a senior living facility located in Concord, California, a city with a total of 123,688 people. This facility is one of the highest-graded facilities we looked at. A score of this caliber requires superb scores across the board. In fact, this proved to be the highest graded facility in the city. One of the major highlights of this facility's stellar profile is its inspection reports. Inspection grades are discussed in the next paragraph.
Kindred Nursing and Healthcare - Bayberry
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
One of the many reasons this turned out to be a quality nursing home is that it received an A+ inspection grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this critical category. Our inspection ratings are tied to items found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that receive favorable grades in this category tend to have very few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these places generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. Fortunately, although this facility had a few minor dings on its inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means CMS didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
To add to its impressive assessments in other areas, we awarded this facility a score of A for its short-term care grade. In determining these short-term care scores, we quantify the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. Our objective is to devise a measure for sizing up the rehabilitation services of various facilities. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final datapoint we looked at in this category is the number of residents who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We found that 6.3 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Kindred Nursing and Healthcare - Bayberry?
This nursing home also received a very impressive nursing grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of A. Nursing grades are mostly associated with a nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well in the area of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
Switching gears to our final category, this nursing home was given an excellent long-term care score. In fact, we awarded it an A in that category, giving this facility straight A's. Long-term care grades in this range generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine medical care. One of the data points we considered on top of nursing hours is vaccines. This nursing home administered the pneumonia vaccine to 100 percent of its residents. Vaccination is a reliable method to avoid negative health outcomes for the elderly population. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Kindred Nursing and Healthcare - Bayberry Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Kindred Nursing and Healthcare - Bayberry, 7.62% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are routinely the result of patients staying in one position for too long. Better nursing care reduces the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Kindred Nursing and Healthcare - Bayberry, 1.67% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients that have had a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injury are considered to be a measure of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Falls leading to injury are routinely the result of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Kindred Nursing and Healthcare - Bayberry, 1.21% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are routinely the result of nursing homes with worse hygiene protocols. Better nursing care minimizes the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. Note that this datapoint is affected by by the fact that facilities have varying reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Kindred Nursing and Healthcare - Bayberry, 10.06% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients who are administered antipsychotic drugs. Excessive reliance on these medications may indicate a nursing home is using these medications to subdue residents in situations where such drugs aren't medically required. Nevertheless, some nursing homes may need to rely on these drugs due to having more residents with cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Kindred Nursing and Healthcare - Bayberry, 13.91% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint gauges the percent of long-term care patients who were given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are typically used to treat residents experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Kindred Nursing and Healthcare - Bayberry, 4.33% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who are exhibiting symptoms of depression. High levels of depression could imply worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Kindred Nursing and Healthcare - Bayberry, 95.72% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Kindred Nursing and Healthcare - Bayberry, 8.37% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of residents that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Kindred Nursing and Healthcare - Bayberry, 14.05% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percent of long-term stay patients that were able to retain mobility. Some believe that the ability to move around is vital to patients health.
In Kindred Nursing and Healthcare - Bayberry, 1.49 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Kindred Nursing and Healthcare - Bayberry, 14.05 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Kindred Nursing and Healthcare - Bayberry, 9.85 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to assess short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Kindred Nursing and Healthcare - Bayberry, 79.63% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term care residents who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of autonomy with activities of daily living generally correlates with better rehabilitation services.
Scores for Concord, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Concord, California has 4 other nursing homes
- John Muir Medical Center - Concord CampusAcute Care Hospitals 0.47 miles away2540 East St Concord California 94520Voluntary non-profit - Private(925) 682-8200
- John Muir Behavioral Health CenterPsychiatric 0.58 miles away2740 Grant Street Concord California 94524Voluntary non-profit - Private(925) 674-4101
- John Muir Medical Center - Walnut Creek CampusAcute Care Hospitals 4.35 miles away1601 Ygnacio Valley Rd Walnut Creek California 94598Voluntary non-profit - Other(925) 939-3000
- Contra Costa Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.46 miles away2500 Alhambra Avenue Martinez California 94553Government - Local(925) 370-5000
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - Walnut CreekAcute Care Hospitals 6.01 miles away1425 S Main Street Walnut Creek California 94596Voluntary non-profit - Private(925) 295-4000
- Sutter Delta Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.64 miles away3901 Lone Tree Way Antioch California 94509Voluntary non-profit - Private(925) 779-7200
- Alta Bates Summit Medical Center - Alta Bates CampAcute Care Hospitals 14.38 miles away2450 Ashby Avenue Berkeley California 94705Voluntary non-profit - Private(510) 204-4444
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - AntiochAcute Care Hospitals 14.43 miles away4501 Sand Creek Road Antioch California 94531Voluntary non-profit - Private(925) 813-6500
- Fkc San Miguel0.98 miles away2731 Systron Drive Suite 100 Concord California 94518Dialysis Stations: 25 (925) 676-6401
- Fmc Diablo Concord1.44 miles away508 Contra Costa Blvd #D Pleasant Hill California 94523CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (925) 798-8844
- Walnut Creek at Home3.45 miles away400 N Wiget Lane Walnut Creek California 94598Dialysis Stations: 3 (925) 979-9732
- Walnut Creek Dialysis3.45 miles away404 North Wiget Lane Walnut Creek California 94598CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (925) 937-0203
- Concord Dialysis Center4.06 miles away2300 Stanwell Drive Suite C Concord California 94520CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (925) 677-7492
- Fmc Diablo Walnut Creek4.84 miles away365 Lennon Lane #160 Walnut Creek California 94598Dialysis Stations: 20 (925) 947-4545
- Walnut Creek West Dialysis Center7.03 miles away1221 Rossmoor Pkwy Walnut Creek California 94595Dialysis Stations: 21 (925) 295-9830
- Benicia Dialysis Center8.27 miles away560 First Street Bldg d103 Benicia California 94510CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 14 (707) 745-1488