Kindred Hospital East Greensboro is in the densely populated metropolitan area of Greensboro, North Carolina with a population of 305,168 people. We gave this nursing home an overall grade of B+. A score in this range requires strong marks in most areas. If you take a look at the other options in Greensboro, we suspect you will find this place to be a better option than most nursing homes in the city. Fortunately, this place did not have any weak links in any of the major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Kindred Hospital East Greensboro
- Nursing Home
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Greensboro senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Oncology Care
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
To pair with its strong overall score, we awarded this place an A+ for inspections. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in determining these inspection ratings. One critical factor is deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of deficiencies is arguably more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some of these are quite insignificant. This facility received 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none were considered to be major deficiencies. This tells you that CMS did not deem any of the deficiencies to cause an imminent risk to resident safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
Among this nursing home's other strengths is its elite long-term care grade. We gave them one of our more impressive grades in that category, with a score of A-. Facilities that do well in this category tend to be well-staffed and provide extensive hands on care to residents. Once we assessed the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we next considered the facility's vaccination data. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is much higher than the vast majority of nursing homes. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Kindred Hospital East Greensboro?
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to another strength for this facility, we gave them one of our better grades in our short-term care category as well, with a grade of B. In the area of short-term care, we seek to assess measures of a nursing home's rehabilitation services. We assess the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses and various therapists. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last datapoint we considered in this category is the number of patients who ultimately were able to return home from the nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
The final category we assessed was nursing. In this category, we awarded this nursing home a decent grade of C. This is this facility's least impressive category. Our nursing score analyzes many components, but the main one is the quantity of nurse hours spent with patients. This facility provided just 0.8 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a relatively low total compared to most other facilities. Lastly, our nursing ratings also factor in some quality-focused statistics. We especially like to look at the percent of patients who suffered pressure ulcers and major falls. These metrics are measures of the quality of nursing care, since better care tends to reduce these problems.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Kindred Hospital East Greensboro Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Kindred Hospital East Greensboro, 26.47% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage due to staying in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Kindred Hospital East Greensboro, 0% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of patients who suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to serious injury are routinely the result of lower quality nursing care. More supervision reduces the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Kindred Hospital East Greensboro, 7.35% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents that have had a urinary tract infection. These infections may be associated with insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Kindred Hospital East Greensboro, 24.64% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients receiving antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used appropriately. In limited situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Kindred Hospital East Greensboro, 53.03% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of patients prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are prescribed to patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Kindred Hospital East Greensboro, 0% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay patients who are demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Kindred Hospital East Greensboro, 98.75% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care patients who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Kindred Hospital East Greensboro, 15.09% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Scores for Greensboro, NC
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Greensboro, North Carolina has 8 other nursing homes
- The Moses H Cone Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.06 miles away1200 N Elm St Greensboro North Carolina 27401Voluntary non-profit - Private(336) 832-7000
- High Point Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.82 miles away601 N Elm St High Point North Carolina 27261Voluntary non-profit - Private(336) 878-6000
- Alamance Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15 miles away1240 Huffman Mill Rd Burlington North Carolina 27216Voluntary non-profit - Private(336) 538-7000
- Bma of South Greensboro Inc1.59 miles away622 Industrial Avenue Greensboro North Carolina 27406CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 49 (336) 271-8178
- Biomedical Applications of North Carolina Inc2.83 miles away924 3rd Street Greensboro North Carolina 27405Dialysis Stations: 24 (336) 274-5969
- Fmc of East Greensboro3.96 miles away3839 Burlington Road Greensboro North Carolina 27405CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 39 (336) 358-1233
- Greensboro Kidney Center4.69 miles away2700 Henry Street Greensboro North Carolina 27405CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 56 (336) 375-1400
- Bma of Southwest Greensboro7.53 miles away5020 Mackay Road Jamestown North Carolina 27282CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 33 (336) 854-7807
- Bma Northwest Greensboro Kidney Center8.6 miles away2837 Horsepen Creek Greensboro North Carolina 27410CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 33 (336) 664-6869
- Triad Dialysis Center10.13 miles away4370 Regency Drive High Point North Carolina 27265CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (336) 454-0076
- Fresenius Medical Care - High Point13.02 miles away1320 Eastchester Drive High Point North Carolina 27265Dialysis Stations: 10 (252) 823-7046