Kindred Hospital Brea D/P Snf is located in Brea, California, a city with a population of 39,146 people. With an B+ overall grade, we rated this nursing home in the top third of all facilities in the United States. We also want to point out that this nursing home is based in a hospital. Typically, this means that more intensive medical services are available. This facility's strong profile was highlighted by its inspection score, which is addressed in the next section.
Kindred Hospital Brea D/P Snf
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
875 N Brea Blvd,
Brea CA 92821
86.31% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Oncology Care
- Catheter Care
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Best Nursing Home in Brea, California Awards 2019
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to receiving a strong overall grade, this facility also received top notch government inspections in recent years. We gave them one of our best grades in that area, with an A. Our inspection ratings weigh a host of factors found on a nursing home's inspection report. One key criteria we rely on is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with higher grades in this category typically have few of these severe deficiencies. Fortunately, although this nursing home had some minor dings on its report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means that the government inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Remember that deficiency-free inspection reports are uncommon in this industry.
Short-term Care Quality
One of the other reasons we graded this nursing home so favorably is that it received a favorable short-term care score. In fact, short-term care ended up being its second most impressive category score. In that category, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A. In the category of short-term care, we try to evaluate indicators of a facility's rehabilitation. We assess a nursing home's skilled nursing services, including the ones performed by registered nurses and physical therapists. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. However, according to the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final metric we looked at in this category is the number of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We discovered that 0 percent of this nursing home's patients were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Kindred Hospital Brea D/P Snf?
Adding to this nursing home's list of strengths, it also received an excellent nursing grade. We awarded them an impressive grade of A- in this category. The nursing rating assesses several factors, however, the main consideration is the number of nurse hours per patient per week. This nursing home averages 0.7 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can typically be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
The final category we looked at was long-term care, in which this nursing home was given a C. Although this is its weakest category grade, this is still not a bad grade. If you are seeking services other than short-term rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each facility's long-term care grades. One of the factors we considered after nurse's aid hours is vaccinations. Fortunately, this nursing home provided the pneumonia vaccine to 100 percent of its residents. This nursing home also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. It had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Kindred Hospital Brea D/P Snf Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Kindred Hospital Brea D/P Snf, 7.45% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of patients who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage resulting from remaining in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Kindred Hospital Brea D/P Snf, 1.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of residents that suffered from a fall which resulted in major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Kindred Hospital Brea D/P Snf, 1.24% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents that sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes associated with inadequate hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Kindred Hospital Brea D/P Snf, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic medications. These medications may be used for treating a variety of conditions, such as dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Kindred Hospital Brea D/P Snf, 13.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure measures the percentage of long-term care patients receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Kindred Hospital Brea D/P Snf, 4.64% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care residents who are exhibiting signs of depression. Some would argue that this is a reliable measure of quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Kindred Hospital Brea D/P Snf, 95.44% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Kindred Hospital Brea D/P Snf, 7.92% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term patients who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and using the bathroom.
In Kindred Hospital Brea D/P Snf, 1.61 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Kindred Hospital Brea D/P Snf, 79.79% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term care patients that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- St Jude Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.37 miles away101 E Valencia Mesa Drive Fullerton California 92835Voluntary non-profit - Church(714) 992-3000
- Placentia Linda HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.44 miles away1301 N Rose Drive Placentia California 92870Proprietary(714) 993-2000
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - Orange County - AnaheAcute Care Hospitals 6.23 miles away3440 E La Palma Ave Anaheim California 92806Voluntary non-profit - Private(714) 279-4000
- Ahmc Anaheim Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.36 miles away1111 W La Palma Avenue Anaheim California 92801Voluntary non-profit - Private(714) 774-1450
- Whittier Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.53 miles away9080 Colima Rd Whittier California 90605Proprietary(562) 945-3561
- Pih Health Hospital-WhittierAcute Care Hospitals 9.22 miles away12401 Washington Blvd Whittier California 90602Voluntary non-profit - Private(526) 698-0811
- West Anaheim Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.41 miles away3033 W Orange Avenue Anaheim California 92804Proprietary(714) 827-3000
- St Joseph HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.61 miles away1100 West Stewart Dr Orange California 92868Voluntary non-profit - Church(714) 633-9111
- Davita-Brea Dialysis Center1.22 miles away595 Tamarack Avenue, Suites a & B Brea California 92821CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (714) 990-0110
- Quotidian Home Dialysis Clinic2.54 miles away511 S. Harbor Blvd, Suite T La Habra California 90631Dialysis Stations: 2 (562) 694-8520
- Davita-Crossroads Dialysis Center3.11 miles away3214 Yorba Linda Blvd. Fullerton California 92831CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (714) 577-6940
- Davita-Bastanchury Dialysis3.49 miles away1950 Sunnycrest Dr Ste 1300 Fullerton California 92835CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (714) 578-0015
- Davita La Habra Dialysis4.06 miles away1611 W Whittier Blvd La Habra California 90631Dialysis Stations: 37 (562) 267-0430
- Davta Rowland Heights Dialysis4.36 miles away17875 Colima Rd, Suite A Rowland Heights California 91748Dialysis Stations: 33 (626) 964-5849
- Davita-Fullerton Dialysis5.57 miles away238 Orangefair Mall Fullerton California 92832CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (714) 447-3045
- Whittier Kidney Dialysis Center5.6 miles away16417 E. Whittier Blvd. Whittier California 90603CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (562) 947-8999