Revolution at Kimwell is a large nursing home located in Fall River, Massachusetts. This facility received a decent overall score of B-. Since the nursing homes in Fall River did not receive elite scores as a group, we concluded that this facility is a higher quality option than the majority of the nursing homes in Fall River. Based on the data we reviewed, there are certainly much worse places out there. You should also take a look at this nursing home's category grades below. We discuss long-term care in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Revolution at Kimwell
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
495 New Boston Road,
Fall River MA 02720
86.45% estimated occupancy 1
Please note our records indicate that Revolution at Kimwell has changed ownership recently and while our data on this page is up-to-date there is a chance that the quality of this facility may change under new management.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home earned a very strong long-term care score. In fact, we gave this nursing home a grade of A- in this area, which really bumped up its overall score. In a long-term care setting, the primary goal is to maintain patients' quality of life and keep them safe. After looking at the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination data. This nursing home vaccinated 89.94253 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which happens to be slightly below what we anticipated but still a decent figure. While its vaccination rate was a bit lower than we hoped for, at least this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Inspections is another area where this nursing home excelled. In fact, we awarded this facility an A- for our inspections rating. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in calculating these inspection grades. One critical factor is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some deficiencies end up being relatively minor. This facility was hit with 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe deficiencies. This means that the government inspectors didn't consider any of these deficiencies to cause an immediate threat to resident health or safety. We should point out that deficiency-free inspections are rare in this industry.
Does this page answer your questions about Revolution at Kimwell?
We also gave this nursing home a decent score in the category of nursing care, with a grade of B-. We scrutinized the levels of nurses employed by the nursing home, in addition to the quantity of hours those nurses were with residents, in determining our score in this category. This facility provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident daily. This figure is far below the national average. Finally, despite not having the highest total nursing hours, this facility performed admirably in the area of preventing major falls. This is generally a good indicator that a facility has quality controls in place.
Short-term Care Quality
Switching gears to our last area, we awarded this nursing home a grade of D for our short-term care category. This is the facility's least impressive category score. Unfortunately, this category pulled down the facility's overall grade a bit. In our short-term care rating, we strive to create a fair measure for rehabilitation services. In doing so, we look at the nursing home's levels of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as occupational therapy. Unfortunately, this nursing home was below average in terms of its quantity of physical therapy and registered nurse hours provided to its patients based on the data we assessed. Finally, we assessed the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. This was not a strength for this facility. We found that just 5 percent of this facility's residents returned home. At most nursing homes, about half of their patients are able to return home so this is well below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Revolution at Kimwell Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Revolution at Kimwell, 6.61% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of patients that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are routinely caused by residents staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Revolution at Kimwell, 3.77% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric indicates the percent of long-term patients who have suffered falls which caused major injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries could be an indication of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Revolution at Kimwell, 2.05% of Patients had UTIs
This figure is an indication of the percent of long-term residents who experienced urinary tract infections. UTI's may be a sign of a facility with worst hygiene practices. Nevertheless, this datapoint can be skewed for certain facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Revolution at Kimwell, 19.24% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are prescribed to patients for many medical conditions, such as cognitive disorders. Sadly, in some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest that a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Revolution at Kimwell, 18.54% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is an indication of the percent of long-term care residents that were administered antianxiety drugs. These medications are commonly given to residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Revolution at Kimwell, 2.48% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who are showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Revolution at Kimwell, 91.39% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Revolution at Kimwell, 16.21% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Revolution at Kimwell, 15.75% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of patients that retained mobility levels over time. Preserving mobility can be a good sign for residents' health.
In Revolution at Kimwell, 1.68 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Staying out of the hospital is important to the physical health of residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Revolution at Kimwell, 15.75 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is key to restoring the health of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Revolution at Kimwell, 11.2 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Revolution at Kimwell, 71.52% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percent of short-term patients that experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Fall River, MA
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Fall River, Massachusetts has 3 other nursing homes
- Southcoast Hospital Group, IncAcute Care Hospitals 0.5 miles away363 Highland Avenue Fall River Massachusetts 02720Voluntary non-profit - Private(508) 679-3131
- Saint Anne's HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.81 miles away795 Middle Street Fall River Massachusetts 02721Proprietary(508) 674-5600
- Emma Pendleton Bradley HospitalPsychiatric 12.92 miles away1011 Veterans Memorial Parkway Riverside Rhode Island 02915Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 432-1000
- Morton HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.94 miles away88 Washington Street Taunton Massachusetts 02780Proprietary(508) 828-7000
- Rhode Island HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.38 miles away593 Eddy Street Providence Rhode Island 02903Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 444-4000
- Women & Infants Hospital of Rhode IslandAcute Care Hospitals 15.53 miles away101 Dudley Street Providence Rhode Island 02905Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 274-1100
- The Miriam HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.42 miles away164 Summit Avenue Providence Rhode Island 02906Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 793-2500
- Roger Williams Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 17.32 miles away825 Chalkstone Avenue Providence Rhode Island 02908Proprietary(401) 456-2025
- Fall River Kidney Center LLC1.29 miles away48 Weaver Street Fall River Massachusetts 02720CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 41 (508) 677-4911
- Dialysis Center of Tiverton3.45 miles away22 Hurst Lane Tiverton Rhode Island 02878Dialysis Stations: 21 (401) 624-4403
- Hawthorn Kidney Center7.86 miles away537 Faunce Corner Road North Dartmouth Massachusetts 02747CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (508) 994-9692
- Davita New Bedford Dialysis8.93 miles away237-B State Road North Dartmouth Massachusetts 02747CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (508) 992-0629
- Dialysis Center of East Providence13.13 miles away318 Waterman Avenue East Providence Rhode Island 02914CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (401) 435-5200
- Dialysis Center of Rhode Island Hospital13.3 miles away950 Warren Avenue Suite 101 East Providence Rhode Island 02914Dialysis Stations: 12 (401) 606-1002
- Fresenius Medical Care of Fairhaven13.81 miles away216 Huttleson Avenue Fairhaven Massachusetts 02719Dialysis Stations: 19 (508) 996-0364
- The Dialysis Center of Rhode Island Hospital13.84 miles away22 Baker Street Providence Rhode Island 02905Dialysis Stations: 18 (401) 444-4440