Keystone Rehabilitation and Health Center is an average-sized nursing home located in Kissimmee, Florida. This facility received an extremely poor overall rating based on the data we looked at. Kissimmee received a city grade of B-, so there are some other options in the city worth considering. We wouldn't blame you if you're ready to stop reading and find another nursing home. However, if you want to learn more about this place's category grades, nursing grades are discussed in the next section.
Keystone Rehabilitation and Health Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
Note: Keystone Rehabilitation and Health Center has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
Although we gave this facility a terrible overall grade, we awarded it a grade of B- for our nursing rating. There are a variety of factors within this area. Many of the datapoints relate to nurse staffing. This nursing home provides only 0.4 hours of nursing care per patient on a daily basis. This is a somewhat alarming figure which is well below average. Lastly, nursing ratings also factor in quality-based measures, such as avoiding major falls. Despite not having the most impressive total nursing hours, this place performed admirably in the metric of preventing major falls. This is typically a reliable indicator that a place has quality controls in place. Some falls could be avoided if a facility provides enough nurses to assist its patients.
Short-term Care Quality
We were also stunned to discover that this facility received a decent short-term care rating this year. We awarded it a grade of B- in that category. In computing our short-term care grades, we look at the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. The objective is to formulate a barometer for comparing the rehabilitation services of nursing homes. Unfortunately, we found that this facility provided fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most other facilities. Lastly, we looked at the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 3.9 percent of this facility's patients returned home. At most facilities, closer to half of their patients are able to return home so this figure is below average.
Does this page answer your questions about Keystone Rehabilitation and Health Center?
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home's second lowest category was long-term care, where it earned just a D in that category. This is a relatively poor score. For residents looking for a permanent residence rather than skilled nursing, long-term care grades are an important measure. On top of considering the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. Fortunately, this nursing home gave the vaccine to 99.041534 percent of its residents, which is a very respectable datapoint. Surprisingly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this facility had less hospitalizations than most nursing homes. Sadly, a few of its other scores in this category weren't as favorable as these.
In our last category of inspections, this nursing home received an abysmal grade. When a nursing home has this poor of an inspection rating, you should expect some severe deficiencies on its inspection report. Severe deficiencies indicate a threat to the well being of residents. This nursing home was assessed 4 deficiencies by CMS. The only favorable thing we can say is that none of these deficiencies were in the categories that suggest that they caused a risk to patient health or safety. Lastly, this nursing home was cited by CMS for possible abuse or neglect. This is generally a really bad sign. We would never recommend this facility.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Keystone Rehabilitation and Health Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Keystone Rehabilitation and Health Center, 9.03% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are routinely the result of residents staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Keystone Rehabilitation and Health Center, 2.8% of Patients had Serious Falls
This gauges the percentage of long-term stay residents which have experienced falls leading to serious injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls could be an indicator of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Keystone Rehabilitation and Health Center, 1.82% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents that sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often the result of worse hygiene protocols. Additional nurse staffing can limit the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. We want to point out that this statistic is affected by by the fact that nursing homes have incongruent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Keystone Rehabilitation and Health Center, 10.99% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many patients, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used appropriately. In limited situations, increased usage of these drugs may mean that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Keystone Rehabilitation and Health Center, 21.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic is a measure of the percent of long-term residents receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Keystone Rehabilitation and Health Center, 2.43% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Keystone Rehabilitation and Health Center, 94.61% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term patients that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Keystone Rehabilitation and Health Center, 13.17% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of patients who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Keystone Rehabilitation and Health Center, 18.15% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of patients that maintained mobility over time. Optimizing mobility can be a good sign for residents' health.
In Keystone Rehabilitation and Health Center, 1.59 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Keystone Rehabilitation and Health Center, 18.15 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the health of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Keystone Rehabilitation and Health Center, 9.19 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Keystone Rehabilitation and Health Center, 77.65% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term patients who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Kissimmee, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Kissimmee, Florida has 4 other nursing homes
- Osceola Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.25 miles away700 West Oak Street Kissimmee Florida 34741Proprietary(407) 846-2266
- St Cloud Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.49 miles away2906 17th Street Saint Cloud Florida 34769Proprietary(407) 498-3432
- Nemours Children's HospitalChildrens 9.4 miles away13535 Nemours Pkwy Orlando Florida 32827Voluntary non-profit - Private(407) 567-4000
- Poinciana Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.75 miles away325 Cypress Pkwy Kissimmee Florida 34758Proprietary(407) 530-2000
- Orlando Health Orlando Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.55 miles away52 W Underwood St Orlando Florida 32806Voluntary non-profit - Private(321) 843-8000
- Adventhealth Heart of FloridaAcute Care Hospitals 17.04 miles away40100 Hwy 27 Davenport Florida 33837Proprietary(863) 422-4971
- Health CentralAcute Care Hospitals 17.15 miles away10000 W Colonial Dr Ocoee Florida 34761Government - State(407) 296-1820
- Adventhealth OrlandoAcute Care Hospitals 17.8 miles away601 E Rollins St Orlando Florida 32803Voluntary non-profit - Private(407) 303-1976
- Kissimmee Home Training0.6 miles away1203 N Central Ave #A Kissimmee Florida 34741Dialysis Stations: 4 (407) 518-9232
- Kissimmee Dialysis0.8 miles away802 John Young Parkway Kissimmee Florida 34741CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (407) 847-4423
- Hunters Creek Dialysis2.92 miles away14050 Townloop Blvd #104a Orlando Florida 32837CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (407) 858-9458
- Buena Ventura Lakes Dialysis3.38 miles away1998 E Osceola Pkwy Kissimmee Florida 34743Dialysis Stations: 16 (407) 348-1271
- Florida Dialysis Center of Celebration LLC3.56 miles away5051 West Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway Kissimmee Florida 34746Dialysis Stations: 12 (407) 397-2588
- Central Florida Kidney Center - Osceola4.06 miles away14522 Landstar Blvd Suite 108 Orlando Florida 32824Dialysis Stations: 16 (407) 870-1880
- Celebration Dialysis7.15 miles away1154 Celebration Blvd Kissimmee Florida 34747Dialysis Stations: 20 (407) 566-1780
- Orlando Southwest Dialysis9.88 miles away6925 Lake Ellenor Dr Ste 650 Orlando Florida 32809CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (407) 852-1751