Kenwood Terrace Care Center is an average-sized facility located in Cincinnati, Ohio. This is a well below average nursing home, with an overall grade of D. Based on our ratings, this place may not be a great fit for most people. The only positive thing we can really say about this facility is that it did not receive any F's in any of the categories we assessed. More information about its category grades is available below.
Kenwood Terrace Care Center
Updated May 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
7450 Keller Road,
Cincinnati OH 45243
55.27% estimated occupancy 1
Please note our records indicate that Kenwood Terrace Care Center has changed ownership recently and while our data on this page is up-to-date there is a chance that the quality of this facility may change under new management.
Note: Kenwood Terrace Care Center has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
Registered Staff Hours
While we did not rate this nursing home well overall, we want to note its decent inspections in recent years. We awarded it a somewhat respectable score of B- in that category. Inspection grades account for a host of factors included in a facility's inspection report. One key criteria we look at is the number and severity of deficiencies. This facility was hit with 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none of the deficiencies were considered severe. This tells you that the government inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies to pose an immediate threat to resident health or safety. Finally, this facility was cited by CMS for possible abuse or neglect. We would not recommend this facility under any circumstance.
We also want to point out that this facility received a decent grade in our nursing category. We awarded it a grade of B- in the area. Nursing ratings are largely associated with the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This facility provided 3.8 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, our nursing grades also factor in some quality-focused statistics. Specifically, we look at the percent of residents who sustained pressure ulcers and major falls. We view these areas as reliable measures of the quality of nursing care, since better care tends to reduce these problems.
Does this page answer your questions about Kenwood Terrace Care Center?
Short-term Care Quality
The third most favorable area we awarded this facility in any category came in the category of short-term care, where we gave it a B-. Short-term care grades are based in part on a facility's quantity of highly-skilled nursing services. This means a wide spectrum of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other types of therapy. This nursing home employs both physical therapists and registered nurses. Not all facilities employ these skilled professionals. The final item we assessed in this area is the number of residents who ultimately were able to return home from the facility. We found that it fared well in this metric with 61.8 percent of its residents returning home. For most nursing homes, fewer than half of their short-stay residents are able to return home.
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on to the final area, this nursing home was given an acceptable long-term care grade of B-. With our long-term care rating, we weigh the quantity of services provided by a facility, along with a series of qualitative metrics. In addition to considering the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility vaccinated 97.96954 percent of its residents. Finally, we looked at its number of hospitalizations. We found that this facility had 2.61 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. Unfortunately, this figure was less favorable than its other scores in the long-term care area.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Kenwood Terrace Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Kenwood Terrace Care Center, 7.8% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure indicates the percentage of long-term patients who developed pressure ulcers or bed sores. We use this statistic in calculating both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Kenwood Terrace Care Center, 3.62% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint gauges the percent of long-term stay residents who had falls which resulted in serious injury. This is one of the statistics we use in calculating our nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Kenwood Terrace Care Center, 1.75% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often caused by facilities with worst hygiene practices. Better hygiene protocols minimizes the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. Keep in mind that this statistic is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have incongruent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Kenwood Terrace Care Center, 12.79% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are given to residents for a variety of conditions, including dementia. Tragically, in some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate that a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Kenwood Terrace Care Center, 22.34% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients given antianxiety medications. These drugs are generally prescribed to residents experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Kenwood Terrace Care Center, 19.84% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term residents demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Kenwood Terrace Care Center, 90.11% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term patients that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Kenwood Terrace Care Center, 15.05% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's may indicate the decline of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Kenwood Terrace Care Center, 18.59% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percent of long-term patients that remained mobile levels. Many in the industry argue that mobility is vital to patients well-being.
In Kenwood Terrace Care Center, 1.39 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Kenwood Terrace Care Center, 18.59 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Kenwood Terrace Care Center, 11.79 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Kenwood Terrace Care Center, 74.53% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term stay patients who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Cincinnati, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Cincinnati, Ohio has 51 other nursing homes
- Bethesda NorthAcute Care Hospitals 3.22 miles away10500 Montgomery Road Cincinnati Ohio 45242Voluntary non-profit - Church(513) 865-1241
- Assurance Health Cincinnati LLCPsychiatric 5.08 miles away11690 Grooms Road Cincinnati Ohio 45242Proprietary(513) 519-4947
- Mercy Health-Anderson HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.59 miles away7500 State Road Cincinnati Ohio 45255Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 624-4006
- Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical CenterChildrens 8.73 miles away3333 Burnet Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45229Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 636-3333
- University of Cincinnati Medical Center, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 8.99 miles away234 Goodman Street Cincinnati Ohio 45219Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 584-1000
- Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.75 miles away375 Dixmyth Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45220Voluntary non-profit - Church(513) 862-2646
- Christ HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.88 miles away2139 Auburn Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45219Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 585-2000
- West Chester Hospital, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 10.41 miles away7700 University Drive West Chester Ohio 45069Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 298-7700
- Us Renal Care of Kenwood0.39 miles away5150 E. Galbraith Rd., Suite 101 Cincinnati Ohio 45236Dialysis Stations: 18 (513) 791-2698
- Infiniti Dialysis Center of Cincinnati, LLC1.04 miles away4750 E. Galbraith Road Suite 103 Cincinnati Ohio 45236Dialysis Stations: 3 (513) 791-2137
- Fmc-Liberty Dialysis-Kenwood1.13 miles away8251 Pine Road, Suite 110 Cincinnati Ohio 45236Dialysis Stations: 24 (513) 745-0800
- Davita - Silverton Dialysis2.18 miles away6929 Silverton Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45236Dialysis Stations: 16 (513) 793-0555
- Davita - Silverton Hometraining Dialysis2.18 miles away6929 Silverton Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45236Dialysis Stations: 1 (513) 793-4376
- Davita - Blue Ash Dialysis3.56 miles away10600 Mckinley Road Cincinnati Ohio 45242Dialysis Stations: 18 (513) 733-8215
- Davita - Redbank Village Dialysis4.87 miles away3960 Redbank Rd., Ste 160 Cincinnati Ohio 45227Dialysis Stations: 12 (513) 271-5420
- Davita - Clermont Inc5.58 miles away5901 Montclair Blvd, Suite 100 Milford Ohio 45150Dialysis Stations: 12 (513) 248-0593