With an address in Aurora, Ohio, Kensington at Anna Maria is one of four available facilities in the city. Sporting an overall rating of B+, this nursing home should work for most prospective residents. You can definitely do much worse than this facility. The best aspect of this nursing home's strong report card was its inspection rating. We discuss inspections in the next paragraph
Kensington at Anna Maria
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for our inspections rating. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in computing our inspection grades. One critical factor is health deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of deficiencies is usually more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some deficiencies end up being quite minor. Although this nursing home had a few deficiencies on its report, none were serious based on CMS' deficiency scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
Contributing to its profile, this facility also received a grade of B+ for its long-term care rating. This is an above average score in this area. Long-term care ratings in this range generally require both around the clock care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine healthcare services. One of the statistics we considered after nursing hours was vaccinations. This nursing home administered the pneumonia vaccination to 100 percent of its patients. Vaccination is a proven method to minimize unnecessary hospitalizations for the aged 65 and up population. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Kensington at Anna Maria?
Next, we looked at the nursing category where we awarded this nursing home a grade of B-. This facility didn't perform quite as well in this category as it did in some other categories. Nevertheless, this is still a respectable score. There are numerous datapoints included in this area. Most of the datapoints relate to levels of nurse staffing. This facility provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a relatively low total compared to most other facilities. Lastly, nursing grades also consider quality-based measures, such as avoiding major falls. Despite not having the most impressive total nursing hours per resident, this place performed admirably in the metric of preventing major falls. This is often a reliable indicator that a place has quality controls in place. Some falls could be avoided if a facility supplies enough nurses aids to assist its residents.
Short-term Care Quality
The next area we graded ended up being this nursing home's worst area. However, even in its worst category we still gave it a respectable grade of B- for short-term care. In the category of short-term care, we seek to assess measures of a nursing home's rehabilitation. We look at a nursing home's skilled nursing services, including the ones performed by registered nurses and various therapists. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. However, according to the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last datapoint we looked at in this area is the number of residents who ultimately returned home from the facility. We found that just 5.3 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Kensington at Anna Maria Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Kensington at Anna Maria, 7.61% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of patients who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are routinely caused by residents not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols can reduce the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Kensington at Anna Maria, 3.74% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients who sustained a major fall. Falls leading to severe injury are routinely linked to lower quality nursing care. Closer supervision reduces the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Kensington at Anna Maria, 1.71% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint gauges the percent of long-term care patients that experienced UTI's. UTI's could be a sign of worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this statistic may be misleading for certain facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Kensington at Anna Maria, 13.23% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure measures the percent of long-term residents which are given antipsychotic medication. Excessive reliance on these medications may mean a facility is using these medications to subdue residents in scenarios where such drugs are not medically indicated. However, some nursing homes need to rely more on these drugs due to having more residents with Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Kensington at Anna Maria, 22.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure indicates the percent of long-term residents who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These medications are prescribed to residents experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Kensington at Anna Maria, 20.26% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay patients showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Kensington at Anna Maria, 90.12% of Patients
This is the percent of residents that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Kensington at Anna Maria, 14.88% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with ADL's could indicate erosion of a patient's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Kensington at Anna Maria, 16.29% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents that were able to retain mobility.
In Kensington at Anna Maria, 1.36 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Kensington at Anna Maria, 16.29 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Kensington at Anna Maria, 12 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to assess patient well-being during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Kensington at Anna Maria, 75.25% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percent of short-term stay residents who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some argue that this is a reliable measure of a facility's rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Aurora, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-plus
Looking for more options? Aurora, Ohio has 3 other nursing homes
- University Hospitals Ahuja Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.26 miles away3999 Richmond Road Beachwood Ohio 44122Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 593-5510
- Hillcrest HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.92 miles away6780 Mayfield Road Cleveland Ohio 44124Voluntary non-profit - Private(440) 312-4500
- University Hospitals Portage Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.94 miles away6847 N Chestnut Ravenna Ohio 44266Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 297-2300
- Marymount HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.13 miles away12300 Mccracken Road Cleveland Ohio 44125Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 581-0500
- Uh Geauga Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.82 miles away13207 Ravenna Rd Chardon Ohio 44024Voluntary non-profit - Private(440) 269-6000
- Summa Western Reserve HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.24 miles away1900 23rd Street Cuyahoga Falls Ohio 44223Voluntary non-profit - Other(330) 971-7000
- Uh Cleveland Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.85 miles away11100 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44106Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 844-1000
- Rainbow Babies and Childrens HospitalChildrens 16.85 miles away11100 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44106Voluntary non-profit - Other(216) 844-1000
- Davita Twinsburg Dialysis4.52 miles away2592 E. Aurora Rd. Suite 100 Twinsburg Ohio 44087Dialysis Stations: 13 (330) 405-3030
- Fmc - Solon6.27 miles away6020 Enterprise Parkway Solon Ohio 44139Dialysis Stations: 16 (440) 248-7061
- Fmc - Streetsboro Kidney Center6.92 miles away9200 Staples Drive, Ste A Streetsboro Ohio 44241Dialysis Stations: 13 (330) 422-0160
- Nephrology Associates at Oakwood, Ltd.7.8 miles away7690 First Place, Suite E, Bldg D Bedford Ohio 44146CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (440) 439-1526
- Fmc - Ohio Renal Care Group-North Randall8.82 miles away5035 Richmond Road Bedford Ohio 44146Dialysis Stations: 15 (216) 591-1364
- Nephrology Associates of Cleveland, Ltd.9.09 miles away4877 Galaxy Parkway Suite A Cleveland Ohio 44128CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (216) 378-5050
- Ohio Renal Holdings Inc.10.57 miles away3609 Park East Drive, Suite 106 North Beachwood Ohio 44122Dialysis Stations: 6 (216) 455-1315
- Community Dialysis Center12.54 miles away27350 Cedar Road Beachwood Ohio 44122Dialysis Stations: 12 (216) 378-1580