Katherine's Place at Wedington is a facility in Fayetteville, Arkansas, a city with a total of 89,379 people. We awarded this nursing home an overall grade of B-. A grade of this caliber requires some decent marks. Based on our analysis, this nursing home has some redeeming qualities. We were also pleased to find that this nursing home was consistent in each of the major categories we assessed. Additional information about its category grades is available below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Katherine's Place at Wedington
- Nursing Home
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Fayetteville senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
This facility earned a solid overall grade as described above, but we really wanted to emphasize its nearly flawless inspections in recent years. We gave them an A- in this category. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in computing our inspection scores. One key factor is deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of these deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the number of deficiencies, as some of these can be quite insignificant. This facility received 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe. This indicates that the government inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies to cause an imminent risk to resident safety or health. The fact that none of the deficiencies were severe leaves us less concerned with this inspection report.
Long-term Care Quality
In addition, we gave this nursing home a B in our long-term care category. This is one of our more impressive grades. Facilities that receive this type of grade in this category typically provide consistent around the clock care to ensure residents are well cared for. One of the statistics we considered after nursing hours is vaccinations. This nursing home administered the pneumonia vaccine to 100 percent of its patients. Vaccination is a proven method to minimize unnecessary deaths and hospitalizations for the aged 65 and up population. Lastly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Katherine's Place at Wedington?
One of this facility's better category grades was in the area of nursing care. In that area, we gave this facility a grade of B-. There are a variety of factors within this grade. Most of the factors relate to nurse staffing. This nursing home averages just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low figure. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this place excelled in some of the quality measures we assessed. It performed well in terms of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers.
Short-term Care Quality
The last category we looked at was short-term care. For that category, we gave this nursing home a B-. Short-term care grades are often employed to score a nursing home's performance with rehabilitation. To provide high-end rehabilitation services, facilities generally need to have better levels of highly skilled nursing services. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, respiratory therapists and other highly skilled individuals. We weren't able to find information on registered nurse or physical therapy staffing for this nursing home. The final metric we assessed in this area is the percentage of patients that were able to return home from the nursing home. We found that just 5.2 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Katherine's Place at Wedington Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Katherine's Place at Wedington, 7.96% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who suffered from new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We factor in this statistic in computing our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Katherine's Place at Wedington, 2.4% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term patients which have suffered falls which resulted in major injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries could be a sign of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Katherine's Place at Wedington, 1.26% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered to be an indicator of nursing care . UTI's are often the result of poor nursing care. However, this datapoint could also be misleading for some nursing homes due to different reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Katherine's Place at Wedington, 7.93% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic gauges the percent of long-term care patients who are prescribed antipsychotic medication. Increased usage of these drugs may mean that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior in scenarios where such drugs aren't medically required. Nevertheless, some nursing homes may need to rely more on these medications due to having more patients suffering from Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Katherine's Place at Wedington, 16.95% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of patients prescribed antianxiety drugs. These medications are given to residents experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Katherine's Place at Wedington, 0% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who are demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Katherine's Place at Wedington, 99.72% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Katherine's Place at Wedington, 6.78% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Katherine's Place at Wedington, 5.99% of Residents
This tells you the percentage of residents who retained mobility levels over time. Preserving mobility is often a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Katherine's Place at Wedington, 0.02 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of care. There is usually a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Katherine's Place at Wedington, 5.99% of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term resident care. Minimizing rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Katherine's Place at Wedington, 12.18% of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Katherine's Place at Wedington, 90.85% of Resident
This metric measures the percent of short-term stay residents that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some believe this is a reasonable measure of a facility's rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Fayetteville, AR
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Fayetteville, Arkansas has 4 other nursing homes
- Washington Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.58 miles away3215 N North Hills Boulevard Fayetteville Arkansas 72703Voluntary non-profit - Private(479) 463-5113
- Northwest Health Physicians Specialty HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.1 miles away3873 North Parkview Drive Fayetteville Arkansas 72703Proprietary(479) 571-7002
- Arkansas Children's Northwest, IncChildrens 6.57 miles away2601 Gene George Boulevard Springdale Arkansas 72762Voluntary non-profit - Private(479) 725-6800
- Northwest Medical Center-SpringdaleAcute Care Hospitals 9.02 miles away609 West Maple Avenue Springdale Arkansas 72764Proprietary(479) 751-5711
- Mercy Hospital Northwest ArkansasAcute Care Hospitals 16.56 miles away2710 South Rife Medical Lane Rogers Arkansas 72758Voluntary non-profit - Church(479) 338-8000
- Siloam Springs Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.94 miles away603 North Progress Avenue Siloam Springs Arkansas 72761Voluntary non-profit - Other(479) 524-4141
- North Hills Dialysis4.65 miles away107 E Monte Painter Dr Fayetteville Arkansas 72703CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (479) 463-7000
- Davita - Fayetteville5.04 miles away509 E Millsap Ste 111 Fayetteville Arkansas 72703Dialysis Stations: 9 (479) 443-6688
- Davita - Springdale6.95 miles away2070 Mckenzie Road Ste B Springdale Arkansas 72762Dialysis Stations: 16 (479) 927-1957
- Springdale Dialysis Ctr9.7 miles away2158 Butterfield Coach Rd Springdale Arkansas 72764Dialysis Stations: 19 (479) 404-2430
- Dialysis Center of Siloam Springs18.15 miles away2125 E Main Ste 12 Siloam Springs Arkansas 72761Dialysis Stations: 11 (479) 524-5214
- Davita - Rogers Dialysis18.42 miles away101 N 37th Street Rogers Arkansas 72756Dialysis Stations: 16 (479) 899-6868
- Davita - Bentonville18.54 miles away1104 Se 30th St Bentonville Arkansas 72712Dialysis Stations: 21 (479) 657-6220
- Davita - Siloam Springs19.32 miles away500 S Mt Olive Ste 107 Siloam Springs Arkansas 72761Dialysis Stations: 8 (479) 524-0104