Kadima Rehabilitation & Nursing at Lakeside is a small nursing home in Dallas, Pennsylvania. With an overall grade of B-, this is likely a solid nursing home. You could definitely do worse than this nursing home. The best part of this nursing home's profile is is its nursing score. Nursing grades are discussed in the next section.
Kadima Rehabilitation & Nursing at Lakeside
Updated May 1, 2022 by Sara Levinsohn
245 Old Lake Road,
Dallas PA 18612
66.12% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
The main reason this turned out to be a great nursing home is that it received an elite nursing grade. In fact, we gave this facility a grade of A-. Our nursing rating is primarily tied to the facility's nurse staffing. This place provides an impressive 3.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Out of this total, more than one fourth of those hours were provided by registered nurses, which is one of the most highly trained levels of nurses. We add more weight to hours worked by skilled nurses in computing our nursing grades. Finally, we also looked at a few quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This place excelled in these areas, with excellent scores for minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. These areas are generally reliable indicators of the quality of nursing care a facility provides.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility also received a positive short-term care grade. As a matter of fact, we gave it a grade of B+ in this area, which happens to be one of our more favorable scores. Short-term care grades are crucial for prospective residents looking for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually requires additional highly-skilled nursing. Skilled nursing means a vast spectrum of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. One of this nursing home's strengths is registered nurse hours. We found that it offers more care from registered nurses to its residents than most facilities. Finally, we looked at the number of patients who were able to return home from this facility. It performed respectably in this area with 48.7 percent of its patients returning home.
Does this page answer your questions about Kadima Rehabilitation & Nursing at Lakeside?
This nursing home earned a solid inspection report this year as well, with few dings from the applicable government inspectors. As a result, it earned one of our better grades in that category with a score of B-. We believe that one of the most critical factors in assessing an inspection report is deficiencies. In this regard, we especially focus on the severity of those deficiencies. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we assessed is long-term care, which proved to be this facility's weakest area. We gave this facility a D in that category. Sadly, this category hurt the facility's overall grade to some degree. If you are looking for anything other than rehabilitation, you should take a close look at long-term care scores. Once we assessed the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then looked at the facility's vaccination data. This nursing home vaccinated 96.47059 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is higher than the average nursing home. To our surprise, this facility was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had just 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. Sadly, a few of its other scores in this category were not as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Kadima Rehabilitation & Nursing at Lakeside Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Kadima Rehabilitation & Nursing at Lakeside, 7.73% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric gauges the percentage of long-term care residents which developed pressure ulcers. We find that pressure ulcers are a reliable barometer of a facility's nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Kadima Rehabilitation & Nursing at Lakeside, 3.42% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients that have had a fall which caused serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Kadima Rehabilitation & Nursing at Lakeside, 1.81% of Patients had UTIs
This figure is an indication of the percent of long-term care patients who suffered from a UTI. UTI's could be a sign of poor nursing care. Nevertheless, this statistic can be skewed for certain nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Kadima Rehabilitation & Nursing at Lakeside, 15.6% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many residents, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Kadima Rehabilitation & Nursing at Lakeside, 19.49% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of long-term stay patients receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Kadima Rehabilitation & Nursing at Lakeside, 3.38% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who are showing symptoms of depression. High levels of depression may reveal a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Kadima Rehabilitation & Nursing at Lakeside, 89.35% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay residents that were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for nursing home patients, making these vaccines important for resident well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Kadima Rehabilitation & Nursing at Lakeside, 15.62% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Kadima Rehabilitation & Nursing at Lakeside, 23.88% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of patients who maintained mobility over time. Retaining mobility can be a great sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Kadima Rehabilitation & Nursing at Lakeside, 23.88 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. There is a correlation between staying out of the hospital and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Kadima Rehabilitation & Nursing at Lakeside, 72.17% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term care residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of independence with activities of daily living usually correlates with successful rehabilitation services.
- Wilkes-Barre General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.09 miles away575 North River Street Wilkes Barre Pennsylvania 18764Voluntary non-profit - Private(570) 829-8111
- Geisinger Wyoming Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.57 miles away1000 East Mountain Boulevard Wilkes Barre Pennsylvania 18711Voluntary non-profit - Private(570) 826-7300
- Tyler Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.4 miles away5950 State Route 6 West Tunkhannock Pennsylvania 18657Proprietary(570) 836-2161
- Regional Hospital of ScrantonAcute Care Hospitals 19.75 miles away746 Jefferson Avenue Scranton Pennsylvania 18501Proprietary(570) 348-7100
- Moses Taylor HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.87 miles away700 Quincy Avenue Scranton Pennsylvania 18510Proprietary(570) 340-2100
- Geisinger-Community Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 19.96 miles away1822 Mulberry Street Scranton Pennsylvania 18510Voluntary non-profit - Private(570) 969-8240
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Nanticoke10.3 miles away450 West Main Street Nanticoke Pennsylvania 18634Dialysis Stations: 13 (570) 740-4820
- Bio-Medical Applications of Pennsylvania, Inc.11.89 miles away309 Laird Street Wilkes Barre Pennsylvania 18702Dialysis Stations: 4 (570) 822-1280
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Wilkes Barre11.89 miles away307 Laird Street, Suite 1 Wilkes Barre Pennsylvania 18702CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 33 (570) 825-9531
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Pittston12.33 miles away455 North Main Street Pittston Pennsylvania 18640Dialysis Stations: 13 (570) 655-4115
- Old Forge Dialysis14.95 miles away325 South Main Street Old Forge Pennsylvania 18518Dialysis Stations: 12 (570) 457-3174
- Tunkhannock Dialysis15.49 miles away5950 Sr 6 Tunkhannock Pennsylvania 18657Dialysis Stations: 12 (570) 836-6139
- Bio-Medical Applications of Pennsylvania, Inc18.46 miles away321 Meridian Avenue Scranton Pennsylvania 18504Dialysis Stations: 13 (570) 340-1648
- Commonwealth Dialysis18.58 miles away920 S. Washington Avenue Scranton Pennsylvania 18505Dialysis Stations: 13 (570) 344-5267