With an address in Jupiter, Florida, Jupiter Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center is one of only two available nursing homes in this area. Sporting an overall score of B-, this looks like a respectable nursing home. You can definitely do worse than this facility. We were also pleased to discover that this facility received consistently decent grades in each of our categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Jupiter Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
We awarded this nursing home one of our better scores in the area of short-term care, where it received an impressive grade of A-. This is far better than the facility's overall score, which was certainly not elite. In calculating these short-term care grades, we assess the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. Our objective is to formulate a measure for sizing up the rehabilitation services of different facilities. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last metric we assessed in this category is the number of residents that were able to return home from the nursing home. We found that 5.9 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
This facility also excelled in the area of inspections, where it received an B+. Arguably the most important factor we consider in calculating our inspection ratings is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places with better scores in this area most likely dodged the more severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. This place received 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none of the deficiencies were considered severe. This indicates that CMS did not consider any of these deficiencies to pose an imminent threat to resident safety or health. A few minor deficiencies are not something to panic about.
Does this page answer your questions about Jupiter Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center?
Next, we looked at the nursing category where we awarded this nursing home a grade of B-, which is a decent grade. We analyzed the licensure of nurses employed by the facility, as well as the quantity of hours those nurses spent with patients, in computing our rating in this category. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Finally, although this facility got dinged a bit for nursing hours, it actually excelled in a few of our quality-based measures. With fewer than five percent of its patients sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed very well in this statistic.
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we assessed was long-term care. We awarded this nursing home a grade of C in this area. Our long-term care ratings are more meaningful for residents requiring more conventional assistance associated with personal care. Once we concluded our assessment of the volume of care provided by nurses, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination data. We were optimistic to learn that this nursing home vaccinates 96.66667 percent of its patients against pneumonia. Finally, this facility was also able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Jupiter Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Jupiter Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 9.03% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage resulting from staying in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Jupiter Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 2.8% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of residents who have had a major fall. Falls leading to serious injuries are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Falls leading to injury are routinely the result of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Jupiter Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 1.82% of Patients had UTIs
This figure is an indication of the percent of long-term residents which experienced urinary tract infections. UTI's could be an indication of a facility with worst hygiene practices. Nevertheless, this datapoint could also be skewed for some nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Jupiter Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 10.99% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are given to patients for many conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias. Tragically, in some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Jupiter Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 21.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint is an indication of the percent of long-term care residents receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Jupiter Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 2.43% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who are showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Jupiter Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 94.61% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term care patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Jupiter Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 13.17% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of residents that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living could be a sign of decline of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Jupiter Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 18.15% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of residents that maintained mobility over time. Optimizing mobility can be a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Jupiter Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 1.59 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Jupiter Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 18.15 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Jupiter Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 9.19 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Jupiter Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 77.65% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percent of short-term patients who saw functional improvements.
- Jupiter Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.19 miles away1210 S Old Dixie Hwy Jupiter Florida 33458Voluntary non-profit - Private(561) 747-2234
- Palm Beach Gardens Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.71 miles away3360 Burns Rd Palm Beach Gardens Florida 33410Proprietary(561) 622-1411
- The Jerome Golden Center for Behavioral Health, InPsychiatric 13.08 miles away1041 45th St West Palm Beach Florida 33407Voluntary non-profit - Private(561) 844-9741
- St Mary's Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.14 miles away901 45th St West Palm Beach Florida 33407Proprietary(561) 840-6202
- Good Samaritan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.2 miles away1309 N Flagler Dr West Palm Beach Florida 33401Proprietary(561) 655-5511
- Cleveland Clinic Martin North HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.05 miles away200 Se Hospital Ave Stuart Florida 34995Voluntary non-profit - Private(772) 287-5200
- Palms West HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.55 miles away13001 Southern Blvd Loxahatchee Florida 33470Proprietary(561) 753-4245
- Jupiter Dialysis0.33 miles away630 Maplewood Dr Ste 200 Jupiter Florida 33458Dialysis Stations: 16 (561) 748-1750
- Jupiter Kidney Center LLC1.52 miles away1701 Military Trail #140 Jupiter Florida 33458CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (561) 744-4661
- Coastal Dialysis Center1.99 miles away641 University Blvd #209 Jupiter Florida 33458Dialysis Stations: 7 (561) 557-1704
- North Palm Beach Dialysis Center6.87 miles away2841 Pga Blvd Palm Beach Gardens Florida 33410CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (561) 630-5081
- Continental Dialysis Care12.13 miles away2000 Continental Dr Ste A West Palm Beach Florida 33407CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (561) 840-4141
- Atlantic Kidney Centers LLC12.42 miles away4700 Congress Ave Ste 106 West Palm Beach Florida 33407CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (561) 845-2888
- Saint Marys Hospital Dialysis Unit12.95 miles away901 45th St West Palm Beach Florida 33407Dialysis Stations: 24 (561) 882-6470
- Sunshine Dialysis Care Centers14.14 miles away2900 Broadway Ave, Ste 3004 West Palm Beach Florida 33404Dialysis Stations: 18 (561) 902-3164