With an address in Jupiter, Florida, Jupiter Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center is the only option we identified in this area. With an overall grade of B, this is a good nursing home. You could definitely do much worse than this nursing home. This facility's impressive report card was highlighted by its short-term care grade, which you can find in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Jupiter Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Jupiter senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to receiving a favorable overall grade, this place also earned a strong short-term care score. In fact, we gave it an above average grade of B+ in this category. In the area of short-term care, we attempt to qualify measures of a nursing home's rehabilitation services. We assess a nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses and physical therapists. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final datapoint we assessed in this category is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return home. We discovered that 5.3 percent of this nursing home's patients were able to return home.
This facility received a very good nursing grade this year as well. It received one of our better scores in that category with a grade of B+. Nursing scores are primarily tied to a facility's nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can often be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Jupiter Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center?
Moving on to another of this facility's strengths, it also earned a very impressive inspection rating. In that category, we gave this nursing home an impressive grade of B+. These inspection grades take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these items by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this facility had some minor dings on its government inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those labeled as categories G through L. This tells you the inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. The fact that the deficiencies were relatively minor made us feel better about this inspection report.
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on to our next category, we gave this facility a grade of D for long-term care. This is the facility's worst category rating. Naturally, this grade pulled down the facility's overall grade to some degree. For prospective patients looking for a permanent place to live as opposed to skilled nursing, long-term care grades are an important measure. After considering the amount of care provided by nurses, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination data. We were optimistic to discover that this nursing home vaccinates 99.37888 percent of its patients against pneumonia. Surprisingly, this place also keeps its patients out of the hospital. It had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. Sadly, some of its other scores in the category were not as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Jupiter Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Jupiter Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 11.29% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients which suffer from new or worsened pressure ulcers . We consider this statistic when determining our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Jupiter Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 0.62% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of patients that have had a major fall. Falls leading to severe injuries are often caused by lower quality nursing care. Additional nurse staffing can minimize the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Jupiter Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 1.07% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often caused by nursing homes with worse hygiene protocols. Additional nurse staffing can limit the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. Note that this metric is affected by by the fact that nursing homes have incongruent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Jupiter Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 3.68% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents who were given antipsychotic drugs. These medications are used for treating a variety of conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Jupiter Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 27.56% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Jupiter Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 0.97% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents showing depressive symptoms. Many believe this is a reliable measure of quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Jupiter Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 99.69% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Jupiter Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 2.62% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Jupiter Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 4.57% of Residents
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay patients that remained mobile levels. Many believe that mobility is important for residents' physical and mental health.
In Jupiter Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 0.01 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. Minimizing hospitalizations is critical to maintaining the physical well-being of nursing home patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Jupiter Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 4.57% of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Jupiter Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 6.59% of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between reduced emergency room visits and the quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Jupiter Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center, 69.7% of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percent of short-term stay residents that saw functional improvements.
- Jupiter Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.19 miles away1210 S Old Dixie Hwy Jupiter Florida 33458Voluntary non-profit - Private(561) 747-2234
- Palm Beach Gardens Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.71 miles away3360 Burns Rd Palm Beach Gardens Florida 33410Proprietary(561) 622-1411
- The Jerome Golden Center for Behavioral Health, InPsychiatric 13.08 miles away1041 45th St West Palm Beach Florida 33407Voluntary non-profit - Private(561) 844-9741
- St Mary's Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.14 miles away901 45th St West Palm Beach Florida 33407Proprietary(561) 840-6202
- Good Samaritan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.2 miles away1309 N Flagler Dr West Palm Beach Florida 33401Proprietary(561) 655-5511
- Cleveland Clinic Martin North HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.05 miles away200 Se Hospital Ave Stuart Florida 34995Voluntary non-profit - Private(772) 287-5200
- Palms West HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.55 miles away13001 Southern Blvd Loxahatchee Florida 33470Proprietary(561) 753-4245
- Jupiter Dialysis0.33 miles away630 Maplewood Dr Ste 200 Jupiter Florida 33458Dialysis Stations: 16 (561) 748-1750
- Jupiter Kidney Center LLC1.52 miles away1701 Military Trail #140 Jupiter Florida 33458CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (561) 744-4661
- Coastal Dialysis Center1.99 miles away641 University Blvd #209 Jupiter Florida 33458Dialysis Stations: 7 (561) 557-1704
- North Palm Beach Dialysis Center6.87 miles away2841 Pga Blvd Palm Beach Gardens Florida 33410CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (561) 630-5081
- Continental Dialysis Care12.13 miles away2000 Continental Dr Ste A West Palm Beach Florida 33407CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (561) 840-4141
- Atlantic Kidney Centers LLC12.42 miles away4700 Congress Ave Ste 106 West Palm Beach Florida 33407CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (561) 845-2888
- Saint Marys Hospital Dialysis Unit12.95 miles away901 45th St West Palm Beach Florida 33407Dialysis Stations: 24 (561) 882-6470
- Sunshine Dialysis Care Centers14.14 miles away2900 Broadway Ave, Ste 3004 West Palm Beach Florida 33404Dialysis Stations: 18 (561) 902-3164