Juniper Village at Bucks County Rehab and Skd Care is a facility in Bensalem, Pennsylvania. This city has a total of 55,493 people. After receiving an overall rating of A, this nursing home is ranked among the top facilities we found. We were so impressed with this facility that we ranked it in the top fifth of all nursing homes nationally. As you will see below, this nursing home performed just as well in our category grades. We gave it a straight A report card!
Juniper Village at Bucks County Rehab and Skd Care
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Aquatic Therapy
Best Nursing Home in Pennsylvania Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Bensalem, Pennsylvania Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Pennsylvania Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Bensalem, Pennsylvania Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Bensalem, Pennsylvania Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A for our short-term care rating. Short-term care grades are typically employed to measure a nursing home's performance with rehabilitation. To provide high-end rehabilitation services, facilities generally need to provide better levels of highly skilled nursing services. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other types of therapists. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final metric we assessed in this area is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's patients were able to return home.
This nursing home has earned near flawless government inspections in recent years. We gave them an impressive grade of A in this area. Our inspection ratings weigh a host of factors found on a nursing home's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we look at is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with better grades in this category generally have few of these severe deficiencies. Although this place had some deficiencies on its inspection report, none were serious based on CMS' deficiency scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Juniper Village at Bucks County Rehab and Skd Care?
To complement its strong performance in other areas, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A for our inspections rating. Nursing grades are based largely on quantity of nursing care available. This nursing home provides 1 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can generally be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on to our fourth area, this nursing home was given a strong long-term care rating. We gave it an A- in that category, resulting in this facility receiving straight A's. In a long-term care setting, the nursing home's primary objective is to keep patients healthy and safe. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate residents. In addition to assessing the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home provided the vaccine to 7.692307 percent of its patients, which is a bit below what we expected. Although its vaccination rate was a bit lower than we hoped for, at least this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Juniper Village at Bucks County Rehab and Skd Care Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Juniper Village at Bucks County Rehab and Skd Care, 7.59% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many experts to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are routinely caused by residents not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Juniper Village at Bucks County Rehab and Skd Care, 3.37% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure tells you the percent of long-term patients who had falls resulting in major injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls could be an indication of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Juniper Village at Bucks County Rehab and Skd Care, 1.9% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often linked to a facility with lower levels of hygiene. However, this metric can be misleading for certain facilities due to different reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Juniper Village at Bucks County Rehab and Skd Care, 15.54% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of long-term stay residents that are prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Increased usage of these drugs may indicate that a facility is using these medications to subdue residents in scenarios where such medications are not medically required. Nevertheless, some nursing homes may need to rely more on these medications due to an increased number of patients suffering from Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Juniper Village at Bucks County Rehab and Skd Care, 3.12% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients exhibiting signs of depression. High rates of depression could indicate a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Juniper Village at Bucks County Rehab and Skd Care, 88.22% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term care patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Juniper Village at Bucks County Rehab and Skd Care, 8.92 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Juniper Village at Bucks County Rehab and Skd Care, 72.59% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term stay patients who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Lower Bucks HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.68 miles away501 Bath Road Bristol Pennsylvania 19007Proprietary(215) 785-9200
- Aria HealthAcute Care Hospitals 5.97 miles away10800 Knights Road Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19114Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 612-4129
- Virtua Willingboro HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.61 miles away218a Sunset Road Willingboro New Jersey 08046Voluntary non-profit - Private(609) 835-2900
- Nazareth HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.84 miles away2601 Holme Ave Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19152Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 335-6000
- Holy Redeemer Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.92 miles away1648 Huntingdon Pike Jenkintown Pennsylvania 19046Voluntary non-profit - Church(215) 947-3000
- Jeanes HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.27 miles away7600 Central Avenue Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19111Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 728-2000
- St Francis Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.65 miles away601 Hamilton Ave Trenton New Jersey 08629Voluntary non-profit - Church(609) 599-5000
- Abington Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.74 miles away1200 Old York Road Abington Pennsylvania 19001Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 481-2000
- Bristol Dialysis LLC1.99 miles away1900 Frost Road Bristol Pennsylvania 19007CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (215) 785-0382
- Davita Neshaminy Dialysis3.45 miles away2 Neshaminy Interplex Drive Building 2, Suite 110 Feasterville Trevose Pennsylvania 19053Dialysis Stations: 16 (215) 245-6590
- Langhorne Dialysis Center3.84 miles away880 Town Center Drive Langhorne Pennsylvania 19047CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (215) 757-4115
- Dialysis Center at Oxford Court3.91 miles away930 Town Center Drive, Suite G-100 Langhorne Pennsylvania 19047Dialysis Stations: 14 (215) 750-9831
- Bensalem Dialysis Center5.44 miles away1336 Bristol Pike Units 12 &13 Bensalem Pennsylvania 19020CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (215) 638-8671
- Woodhaven Dialysis Center5.44 miles away1336 Bristol Pike, Suite B Bensalem Pennsylvania 19020CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 23 (215) 639-1070
- Dva Burlington No Dialysis Ctr5.65 miles away1164 Route 130 North Burlington New Jersey 08016Dialysis Stations: 13 (609) 747-9840
- Newtown Dialysis Center5.73 miles away60 Blacksmith Road Newtown Pennsylvania 18940Dialysis Stations: 18 (267) 757-8060