Juliette Fowler Communities is in Dallas, Texas. This city is among the largest metropolitan areas in the country with has 1,263,321 people. It looks like this nursing home is among the highest-graded facilities we found. This nursing home received one of the best grades we offer. Based on our analysis, this place is really as good as it gets. One of the best aspects of this facility's stellar report card is its inspection rating. Inspection reports are discussed in the next paragraph.
Juliette Fowler Communities
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Top Nursing Home in Texas Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
With an overall grade this high, it should come as no surprise that this nursing home excelled in the area of inspections, where it earned an A. Inspection scores are based on several pieces of information found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities that receive favorable grades in this category typically have few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these facilities should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. Although this nursing home had some deficiencies on its inspection report, none were severe based on CMS' deficiency scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
This nursing home also received a very impressive nursing grade. In fact, this turned out to be its second best category grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of A. The nursing rating consists of several subcategories, however, the primary consideration is the level of nurse hours spent with patients. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home Texas in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can many times be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as by having a system of moving a resident at least once a day.
Does this page answer your questions about Juliette Fowler Communities?
Short-term Care Quality
Moving on our third area, this nursing home was given a top-shelf short-term care grade. In fact, we gave it a score of A in that category. In forming our short-term care grades, we assess the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. The purpose is to create a barometer for comparing the rehabilitation services of different facilities. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we considered the number of residents that who were able to eventually return home from this nursing home. We found that 5.7 percent of this nursing home's patients were able to return home.
Long-term Care Quality
Switching gears to our fourth area, this nursing home also excelled in our long-term care category. We gave it an A- in this category. This finalized a straight A profile. Facilities that receive this type of score in long-term care typically provide consistent around the clock care to make sure patients are well cared for. On top of looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility gave the vaccine to 75 percent of its patients, which is a bit lower than we expected. Although its vaccination rate was a bit lower than we had hoped, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Juliette Fowler Communities Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Juliette Fowler Communities, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many experts to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are often caused by patients staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Juliette Fowler Communities, 3.33% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic is a measure of the percent of long-term patients that have sustained a fall which caused major injury. We use this statistic in calculating our nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Juliette Fowler Communities, 1.51% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many experts to be a barometer of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often caused by a facility with lower levels of hygiene. However, this datapoint can also be skewed for certain nursing homes due to different reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Juliette Fowler Communities, 11.48% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. These medications may be used for several medical conditions, including dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Juliette Fowler Communities, 22.56% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of residents who were given antianxiety drugs. These medications are typically given to residents experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Juliette Fowler Communities, 4.81% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients demonstrating depressive symptoms. Higher levels of depression may be a sign a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Juliette Fowler Communities, 94.64% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Juliette Fowler Communities, 17.1% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and eating.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Juliette Fowler Communities, 11.4 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Juliette Fowler Communities, 66.86% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term care residents who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Dallas, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Dallas, Texas has 34 other nursing homes
- Baylor University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.67 miles away3500 Gaston Ave Dallas Texas 75246Voluntary non-profit - Church(214) 820-0111
- Baylor Scott and White Heart and Vascular HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.74 miles away621 North Hall Street Dallas Texas 75226Proprietary(214) 820-0670
- Baylor Scott and White Medical Center UptownAcute Care Hospitals 2.28 miles away2727 East Lemmon Avenue Building I Dallas Texas 75204Proprietary(214) 443-3000
- City Hospital at White RockAcute Care Hospitals 3.75 miles away9440 Poppy Dr Dallas Texas 75218Proprietary(214) 324-6100
- Childrens Medical Ctr of DallasChildrens 4.75 miles away1935 Medical District Drive Dallas Texas 75235Voluntary non-profit - Private(214) 456-7000
- Parkland Health and Hospital SystemAcute Care Hospitals 4.78 miles away5200 Harry Hines Blvd Dallas Texas 75235Government - Hospital District or Authority(214) 590-8000
- Methodist Dallas Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.83 miles away1441 North Beckley Avenue Dallas Texas 75203Voluntary non-profit - Other(214) 947-2879
- North Central Surgical Center LlpAcute Care Hospitals 5.08 miles away9301 North Central Expressway Suite 100 Dallas Texas 75231Voluntary non-profit - Other(214) 265-2810
- Davita Lower Greenville Dialysis1.48 miles away4405 Ross Ave Dallas Texas 75204Dialysis Stations: 25 (214) 828-8017
- Davita Downtown Dallas Dialysis1.67 miles away3515 Swiss Ave, Suite A Dallas Texas 75204CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (214) 828-2280
- Gadc, LLC1.69 miles away3417 Gaston Avenue Suite 180 Dallas Texas 75246Dialysis Stations: 17 (972) 232-1730
- Swiss Avenue Dialysis Center2.19 miles away2613 Swiss Ave Dallas Texas 75204CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (214) 827-9854
- Village Ii Dialysis Center3.52 miles away6300 Samuel Blvd Suite 125 Dallas Texas 75228CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (214) 388-8690
- Fmc North Buckner Dialysis Center4.38 miles away3650 N Buckner Blvd 108 Dallas Texas 75228CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (214) 367-8880
- Bma Dallas Central4.38 miles away7610 Military Parkway Dallas Texas 75227CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (214) 381-9494
- Dallas East Dialysis4.4 miles away3402 North Buckner Blvd Suite 308 Dallas Texas 75228CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (214) 660-9413