With an address in Englewood, Colorado, Julia Temple Healthcare Center is one of four available facilities in this city. This nursing home is a highly rated facility, with an overall grade of B+. In fact, we found this nursing home to be better than most of the nursing homes in Englewood, which has a city grade of B. This place was stronger in some categories than others, but it did not have any weak links in any of the major areas discussed below. More information about these categories can be found below.
Julia Temple Healthcare Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Lymphedema Care
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to receiving a strong overall grade, this nursing home fared well in our short-term care category. We awarded it a grade of A- for that category, which is one of our best grades. Short-term care grades are important for people in need of rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally utilizes more highly-skilled nursing. Skilled nursing means a broad spectrum of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final measure we considered in this area is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return home. We found that 5.9 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Adding to its impressive profile, this nursing home also performed at a high level in the area of inspections. In fact, it earned a nearly flawless inspection report this year. As a result, it received one of our highest grades in that category with an A-. Perhaps the most critical factor we look at in calculating our inspection grades is deficiencies. These deficiencies are found on a nursing home's inspection reports. Places with better scores in this area most likely dodged the more severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. We weren't able to locate deficiency counts for this nursing home. Without having access to all of the deficiency related data for this facility, it ended up being challenging to fully evaluate it in terms of this category.
Does this page answer your questions about Julia Temple Healthcare Center?
Among this facility's other strengths is its elite nursing grade. We awarded them one of our better scores in that area, with a grade of A-. In calculating our nursing grades, we assess both the number of hours nurses spend with residents and the levels of licensure of the nurses. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can frequently be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as having a system of turning a resident more frequently.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we analyzed was long-term care, where this nursing home was awarded a B-. This was this nursing home's worst area. This is still not a poor grade. Our long-term care grade is typically used to assess a facility's performance as a traditional nursing home, as opposed to focusing more on the skilled nursing services provided by a rehabilitation facility. After looking at the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination records. Frankly, we were a bit worried that this facility vaccinated 78.125 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which is several points lower than the national average. Nevertheless, this facility keeps its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Julia Temple Healthcare Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Julia Temple Healthcare Center, 6.01% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of patients who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are routinely the result of patients staying in one position for too long. Better nursing care reduces the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Julia Temple Healthcare Center, 3.45% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents that have had a major fall. Falls leading to severe injuries are often linked to lower quality nursing care. Better nursing care can limit the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Julia Temple Healthcare Center, 2.13% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients that have had a urinary tract infection. These infections may be linked to insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Julia Temple Healthcare Center, 17.3% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure measures the percentage of long-term care residents that were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Increased usage of these drugs may suggest that a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior in situations where such medications aren't medically required. However, some facilities may need to rely on these medications due to having more residents with cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Julia Temple Healthcare Center, 12.22% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of residents who were given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are given to residents suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Julia Temple Healthcare Center, 3.73% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who are showing signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Julia Temple Healthcare Center, 85.7% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Julia Temple Healthcare Center, 15.22% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Julia Temple Healthcare Center, 20.53% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of residents that retained mobility levels over time. Retaining mobility is usually a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Julia Temple Healthcare Center, 1.01 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Julia Temple Healthcare Center, 20.53 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Julia Temple Healthcare Center, 11.4 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Julia Temple Healthcare Center, 75.24% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term residents who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of autonomy with activities of daily living often correlates with superior rehabilitation.
Scores for Englewood, CO
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Englewood, Colorado has 3 other nursing homes
- Swedish Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.57 miles away501 E Hampden Ave Englewood Colorado 80113Proprietary(303) 788-5000
- Centura Health-Porter Adventist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.09 miles away2525 S Downing St Denver Colorado 80210Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 778-1955
- Denver Health Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.16 miles away777 Bannock St Denver Colorado 80204Government - State(303) 602-4930
- Centura Health-Littleton Adventist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.49 miles away7700 S Broadway Littleton Colorado 80122Voluntary non-profit - Church(303) 730-8900
- Rose Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.61 miles away4567 E 9th Ave Denver Colorado 80220Proprietary(303) 320-2121
- National Jewish HealthAcute Care Hospitals 6.06 miles away1400 Jackson St Denver Colorado 80206Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 388-4461
- Saint Joseph HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.27 miles away1375 E 19th Ave Denver Colorado 80218Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 812-2000
- Presbyterian St Lukes Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.3 miles away1719 E 19th Ave Denver Colorado 80218Government - State(303) 839-6000
- Englewood Dialysis (Dva)0.85 miles away3247 S Lincoln St Englewood Colorado 80110Dialysis Stations: 18 (303) 761-0600
- South Denver Dialysis (Dva)1.12 miles away850 E Harvard Ave Ste 60 Denver Colorado 80210Dialysis Stations: 17 (303) 744-0559
- West Hampden Dialysis (Fmc)1.35 miles away750 West Hampden Ave #110 Englewood Colorado 80110Dialysis Stations: 12 (303) 789-5400
- Belcaro Dialysis (Dva)3.68 miles away755 S Colorado Blvd Denver Colorado 80246Dialysis Stations: 14 (303) 777-2844
- Pavilion Dialysis (Fmc)5.18 miles away723 Delaware St #m105 Denver Colorado 80204CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (303) 623-2107
- South Denver Dialysis (Fmc)5.43 miles away3410 S Galena St Suite 100 Denver Colorado 80231Dialysis Stations: 13 (303) 671-2419
- Rocky Mountain Dialysis (Fmc)5.77 miles away4600 Hale Pkwy Ste 120 Denver Colorado 80220CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (303) 320-6894
- Lowry Dialysis Center (Dva)5.83 miles away7465 E 1st Ave Ste A Denver Colorado 80230CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (303) 367-0946