MorseLife Health System is one of several nursing home options to decide among in West Palm Beach, Florida. We awarded this facility an overall rating of A+, making it the highest graded facility in the city. In our view, this nursing home is a no brainer for most people. If you look further down this page, you will see this place's category grades, which appear to be equally strong as its overall rating.
MorseLife Health System
- Nursing Home
- Home Health Agency
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Adult Day Care
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Best Nursing Home in Florida Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in West Palm Beach, Florida Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Florida Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in West Palm Beach, Florida Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Florida Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in West Palm Beach, Florida Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for our inspections rating. Arguably the most important factor we consider in calculating our inspection grades is deficiencies. These deficiencies are found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places with higher grades in this area most likely avoided the most severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. Although this facility had a few deficiencies on its report, none were serious based on CMS' deficiency scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
Another reason we rated this facility so highly is that it was awarded an A+ long-term care grade. This is just about as elite as it gets in this area. When facilities receive this type of score in this category it is usually a good sign for resident care and indicates that the facility is well-staffed with nurses aids. On top of assessing the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility gave the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients, which is very impressive. Pneumonia is too frequently a life or death condition for nursing home patients so we prefer when a facility does not take any chances. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about MorseLife Health System?
In addition, this facility received high marks in the area of nursing. As a result, it received one of our highest grades in that category with a score of A+. There are numerous subcategories included in this category. Many of these subcategories reflect staffing levels. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can frequently be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as by employing a system of moving a patient more frequently.
Short-term Care Quality
In the final area we looked at, this facility was given first-rate scores in the category of short-term care as well. Consequently, it was awarded an A+. This rendered it one of the few of nursing homes we gave A+'s in each of our categories. Short-term care grades are important for individuals needing rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically utilizes higher levels of skilled nursing. This means a broad scope of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. However, according to the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final item we looked at in this area is the number of patients that eventually returned home from the facility. We found that 6.7 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
MorseLife Health System Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In MorseLife Health System, 9.08% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint is is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents that are suffering from pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are a great barometer of quality of care.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In MorseLife Health System, 2.82% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients who suffered from a fall which caused serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In MorseLife Health System, 1.81% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents that sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are routinely associated with worse hygiene protocols. More frequent bathing reduces the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. We want to point out that this metric is affected by by the fact that facilities have varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In MorseLife Health System, 10.64% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic drugs are administered to residents for a variety of conditions, such as cognitive disorders. Unfortunately, in limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In MorseLife Health System, 21.27% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of patients prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are administered to patients experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In MorseLife Health System, 2.33% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term care residents who are exhibiting depressive symptoms. Some experts would argue this is a reasonable measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In MorseLife Health System, 94.94% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term residents who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In MorseLife Health System, 13.07% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term patients that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In MorseLife Health System, 16.78% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of residents who were able to retain mobility over time. Optimizing mobility can be a great sign for residents' well-being.
In MorseLife Health System, 1.76 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In MorseLife Health System, 16.78 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In MorseLife Health System, 9.16 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In MorseLife Health System, 78.49% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term care patients who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for West Palm Beach, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? West Palm Beach, Florida has 11 other nursing homes
- The Jerome Golden Center for Behavioral Health, InPsychiatric 3.12 miles away1041 45th St West Palm Beach Florida 33407Voluntary non-profit - Private(561) 844-9741
- St Mary's Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.36 miles away901 45th St West Palm Beach Florida 33407Proprietary(561) 840-6202
- Good Samaritan Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.28 miles away1309 N Flagler Dr West Palm Beach Florida 33401Proprietary(561) 655-5511
- Palm Beach Gardens Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.21 miles away3360 Burns Rd Palm Beach Gardens Florida 33410Proprietary(561) 622-1411
- Wellington Regional Medical Center LLCAcute Care Hospitals 8.72 miles away10101 Forest Hill Blvd Wellington Florida 33414Proprietary(561) 798-8500
- Palms West HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.66 miles away13001 Southern Blvd Loxahatchee Florida 33470Proprietary(561) 753-4245
- Jfk Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.16 miles away5301 S Congress Ave Lake Worth Florida 33462Proprietary(561) 965-7300
- Jupiter Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.29 miles away1210 S Old Dixie Hwy Jupiter Florida 33458Voluntary non-profit - Private(561) 747-2234
- Continental Dialysis Care1.37 miles away2000 Continental Dr Ste A West Palm Beach Florida 33407CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (561) 840-4141
- Atlantic Kidney Centers LLC2.05 miles away4700 Congress Ave Ste 106 West Palm Beach Florida 33407CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (561) 845-2888
- Renal Care Partners of West Palm Beach3.19 miles away300 Executive Center Drive #101 West Palm Beach Florida 33401Dialysis Stations: 13 (561) 932-1981
- Saint Marys Hospital Dialysis Unit3.37 miles away901 45th St West Palm Beach Florida 33407Dialysis Stations: 24 (561) 882-6470
- Sunshine Dialysis Care Centers3.71 miles away2900 Broadway Ave, Ste 3004 West Palm Beach Florida 33404Dialysis Stations: 18 (561) 902-3164
- Dialysis Assoc of the Palm Beaches3.93 miles away2611 Poinsettia Ave West Palm Beach Florida 33407Dialysis Stations: 20 (561) 833-0759
- Pure Life Renal of West Palm Beach, LLC4.27 miles away1522 N Dixie Hwy West Palm Beach Florida 33401Dialysis Stations: 19 (561) 833-5355
- Fmc - Royal Palm Beach5.85 miles away6901 Okeechobee Blvd #d19 West Palm Beach Florida 33411Dialysis Stations: 18 (561) 616-3335