Jonesboro Nursing and Rehabilitation Center is the only nursing home we found in Jonesboro, Georgia. We gave it an overall grade of C, which is a middle of the road grade. Based on our analysis, this nursing home likely wouldn't be a bad choice. One of the major highlights of this facility's profile is its stellar inspection grade, which you can find in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Jonesboro Nursing and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Jonesboro senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
This nursing home received a solid overall grade as described above, but we really wanted to emphasize its excellent health inspection reports in recent years. We awarded them an impressive grade of A+ in this category. Arguably the most important factor we consider in determining our inspection grades is deficiencies. These deficiencies are found on a facility's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes with better grades in this area most likely dodged the most severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. This nursing home received 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none of the deficiencies were considered to be major deficiencies. This means that the government inspectors didn't consider any of these deficiencies to be an immediate threat to patient health or safety. A few minor deficiencies shouldn't lead you to cross a nursing home off your list.
Short-term Care Quality
The second highest area we awarded this facility in any category came in the category of short-term care, where we awarded it a grade of C. In the area of short-term care, we try to assess indicators of a facility's rehabilitation. We analyze the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses and physical and occupational therapists. In this facility's case, we were surprised to learn that it actually provides less registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than a typical facility. The hope is that this does not adversely affect the quality of care. Lastly, we assessed the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 5.3 percent of this facility's patients returned home. At most facilities, closer to half of their patients are able to return home so this figure is below average.
Does this page answer your questions about Jonesboro Nursing and Rehabilitation Center?
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we looked at was long-term care. In that area, we awarded this facility a C. Long-term care grades are commonly used to assess a facility's performance as a traditional convalescent home, as opposed to focusing on the skilled nursing services offered by a rehabilitation facility. In addition to assessing the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility gave the vaccine to 95.51451 percent of its residents, which is better than the vast majority of nursing homes. Finally, this place was also able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Turning to our next category, we gave this nursing home a grade of D for our nursing category. This is the facility's worst category rating. The nursing grade includes numerous factors. The most important factor is the number of hours nurses spent with patients. This nursing home offered just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident daily. This is well below average. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in computing our nursing ratings. This place fared well in the area of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Jonesboro Nursing and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Jonesboro Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 10.15% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of long-term stay patients that have pressure ulcers . We factor in this statistic in computing our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Jonesboro Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 3.46% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint is an indication of the percent of long-term residents who experienced a fall which caused major injury. We use this statistic in calculating nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Jonesboro Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 3.2% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who have had a urinary tract infection. While more infections could reflect poorly on a facility's nursing care, it is difficult to compare different nursing homes due to facilities having reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Jonesboro Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 18.35% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint indicates the percentage of long-term care patients taking antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs serve an important medical purpose, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used appropriately. In limited cases, increased usage of these drugs may suggest that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Jonesboro Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 20.07% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are given to residents experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Jonesboro Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 4.8% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients demonstrating symptoms of depression. High levels of depression may indicate worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Jonesboro Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 94.56% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home residents, making these vaccines critical to patient health.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Jonesboro Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 16.73% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's may be a sign of erosion of a resident's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Jonesboro Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 17.19% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of patients that retained mobility levels over time. Retaining mobility can be a good sign for residents' health.
In Jonesboro Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 1.66 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. Staying out of the hospital is important to the physical health of nursing home residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Jonesboro Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 17.19 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. Minimizing rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the health of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Jonesboro Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 11.58 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Jonesboro Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 68.99% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Piedmont Henry HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.86 miles away1133 Eagle's Landing Parkway Stockbridge Georgia 30281Government - Hospital District or Authority(678) 604-1000
- Southern Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.69 miles away11 Upper Riverdale Road, Sw Riverdale Georgia 30274Voluntary non-profit - Private(770) 991-8160
- Piedmont Fayette HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.43 miles away1255 Highway 54 West Fayetteville Georgia 30214Voluntary non-profit - Private(770) 719-7000
- Emory Hillandale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.9 miles away2801 Dekalb Medical Parkway Lithonia Georgia 30058Government - Hospital District or Authority(404) 501-8040
- Grady Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.47 miles away80 Jesse Hill, Jr Drive Se Atlanta Georgia 30303Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 616-4252
- Wellstar Atlanta Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.08 miles away303 Parkway Drive, Ne Atlanta Georgia 30312Proprietary(404) 265-4000
- Emory University Hospital MidtownAcute Care Hospitals 16.66 miles away550 Peachtree Street, Ne Atlanta Georgia 30308Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 686-4411
- Emory University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.63 miles away1364 Clifton Road, Ne Atlanta Georgia 30322Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 686-8500
- Stockbridge Dialysis Clinic,LLC2.04 miles away3580 Cameron Parkway Stockbridge Georgia 30281Dialysis Stations: 20 (678) 565-6228
- Spivey Peritoneal and Home Dialysis Center2.2 miles away7444 Hannover Parkway Suite 150 Stockbridge Georgia 30281Dialysis Stations: 2 (770) 507-0988
- Bio-Medical Applications of Georgia, Inc.2.27 miles away2450 Mt. Zion Parkway Jonesboro Georgia 30236Dialysis Stations: 11 (770) 472-3814
- Davita Jonesboro Dialysis Center2.94 miles away129 King Street Jonesboro Georgia 30236CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (770) 471-2381
- Fresenius Medical Care Jonesboro, LLC3.09 miles away8060 Summit Business Parkway Jonesboro Georgia 30236Dialysis Stations: 16 (770) 603-8540
- Tara Boulevard Dialysis3.09 miles away6540 Tara Blvd Suite 200 Jonesboro Georgia 30236Dialysis Stations: 20 (770) 968-8279
- Fresenius Medical Care Henry County4.08 miles away1365 Rock Quarry Road, St 100 Stockbridge Georgia 30281CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (770) 474-5234
- Rai Care Centers of Stockbridge4.89 miles away500 Eagles Landing Pkwy Stockbridge Georgia 30281Dialysis Stations: 21 (770) 474-6068