Jones Harrison Residence is in Minneapolis, Minnesota. The city provides a host of available nursing homes. We gave this facility a very strong overall rating of A. Consequently, it is one of the better facilities in Minneapolis. This is an impressive accomplishment given that the city offers plenty of very solid nursing homes. You simply can not do any better than this nursing home. This facility was also given strong ratings in all of our categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Jones Harrison Residence
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
3700 Cedar Lake Avenue,
Minneapolis MN 55416
81.41% estimated occupancy 1
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Lymphedema Care
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
We also found that this facility excelled in our long-term care rating. We awarded them an impressive grade of A+ in this category. Long-term care ratings of this caliber generally require both around the clock care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine healthcare services. After looking at the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination record. This nursing home vaccinated 99.41003 percent of its residents against pneumonia. Vaccines are vital to keeping residents out of the hospital. Finally, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Short-term Care Quality
Compounding its dominant performance in other areas, we gave this nursing home a grade of A for our short-term care rating. In computing these short-term care grades, we assess the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. The objective is to create a tool for sizing up the rehabilitation services of different nursing homes. Unfortunately, it does not look like this nursing home submitted information on registered nurse or physical therapist staffing. The final metric we assessed in this category is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return home. We found that 6.5 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Jones Harrison Residence?
To complement its strong performance in other areas, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A- for our inspections rating. The nursing grade is based on many datapoints, but the main consideration is the quantity of nurse hours per patient per week. This nursing home provides 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Wrapping up this facility's impressive profile, we gave this facility an A- for our inspections rating. With this score, the facility completes its straight A report card. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in calculating our inspection grades. One critical factor is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of the deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the number of deficiencies, as some deficiencies can be relatively minor. This place received 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none were considered to be major deficiencies. This means that CMS didn't deem any of these deficiencies an immediate risk to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Jones Harrison Residence Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Jones Harrison Residence, 6.14% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin due to staying in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Jones Harrison Residence, 3.86% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure gauges the percentage of long-term stay patients who sustained falls which caused major injury. We use this statistic in determining our nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Jones Harrison Residence, 2.89% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often the result of worse hygiene protocols. More frequent bathing reduces the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. Keep in mind that this datapoint is sometimes skewed by the fact that facilities have varying reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Jones Harrison Residence, 15.26% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents given antipsychotic drugs. These drugs may be used to treat several medical conditions, such as cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Jones Harrison Residence, 11.96% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic gauges the percentage of long-term residents taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Jones Harrison Residence, 4.16% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term care patients who are demonstrating signs of depression. Some experts would argue this is a reliable measure of resident quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Jones Harrison Residence, 94.15% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents that were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Jones Harrison Residence, 13.41% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Jones Harrison Residence, 15.86% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percent of long-term stay residents who were able to retain mobility.
In Jones Harrison Residence, 1.28 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care. There is a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Jones Harrison Residence, 15.86 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Jones Harrison Residence, 14.49 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Jones Harrison Residence, 77.42% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of short-term residents who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some believe that this is a reasonable measure of rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Minneapolis, MN
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Minneapolis, Minnesota has 15 other nursing homes
- Park Nicollet Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.53 miles away6500 Excelsior Blvd Minneapolis Minnesota 55426Voluntary non-profit - Private(952) 993-5000
- Children's Hospitals & Clinics of MnChildrens 3.14 miles away2525 Chicago Avenue South Minneapolis Minnesota 55404Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 813-6112
- Abbott Northwestern HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.16 miles away800 East 28th Street Minneapolis Minnesota 55407Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 863-4457
- Hennepin County Medical Center 1Acute Care Hospitals 3.4 miles away701 Park Avenue Minneapolis Minnesota 55415Government - Local(612) 873-3629
- North Memorial HealthAcute Care Hospitals 4.2 miles away3300 Oakdale North Minneapolis Minnesota 55422Voluntary non-profit - Private(763) 520-5200
- University of Minnesota Medical Center, FairviewAcute Care Hospitals 4.42 miles away2450 Riverside Avenue Minneapolis Minnesota 55454Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 273-3000
- Fairview Southdale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.66 miles away6401 France Avenue South Minneapolis Minnesota 55435Voluntary non-profit - Private(952) 924-5100
- United HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.71 miles away333 North Smith Avenue Saint Paul Minnesota 55102Voluntary non-profit - Private(651) 241-8810
- Fresenius - St Louis Park Dialysis1.8 miles away5680 36th St W Minneapolis Minnesota 55416Dialysis Stations: 12 (952) 926-0959
- Davita - Uptown2.21 miles away3601 Lyndale Avenue South Minneapolis Minnesota 55409Dialysis Stations: 12 (612) 825-4583
- St Louis Park Dialysis of Davita2.29 miles away3505 Louisiana Ave S Minneapolis Minnesota 55426Dialysis Stations: 28 (952) 285-1400
- Bio-Medical Applications of Minnesota, Inc.3.02 miles away2637 Park Ave S Minneapolis Minnesota 55407Dialysis Stations: 14 (612) 872-1946
- Fmc Dialysis - South Minneapolis3.11 miles away4310 Nicollet Ave Minneapolis Minnesota 55409Dialysis Stations: 12 (612) 822-4411
- Minneapolis Dialysis of Davita3.22 miles away825 S 8th St, sl42 Minneapolis Minnesota 55404CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (612) 347-5972
- Home Dialysis of Davita - Pd Unit3.4 miles away825 S 8th St Suite 1202, Pd Unit Minneapolis Minnesota 55404Dialysis Stations: 6 (612) 347-4458
- Fmc Dialysis - Golden Valley3.57 miles away6155 Duluth St Minneapolis Minnesota 55422Dialysis Stations: 18 (763) 544-0298