With an address in Joliet, Illinois, Joliet Terrace is one of nine available facilities there. This turns out to be a very respectable facility, with an overall grade of B. If you take a look at the other options in Joliet, we are confident you will find this nursing home to be a better option than most of the nursing homes in the city. This nursing home's strong report card was highlighted by its inspection grade, which is addressed in the next section.
Updated Jan 10, 2019 by Nick Reese
Joliet IL 60436
88.58% estimated occupancy 1
Note: Data for Joliet Terrace has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
To go along with its favorable overall grade, we gave this place an A- for our inspections rating. Arguably the most important factor we look at in determining our inspection grades is deficiencies. Deficiencies are found on a facility's inspection reports. Nursing homes with higher grades in this area most likely dodged the most severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. Although this facility had a few deficiencies on its inspection report, none were major deficiencies based on CMS' scale. A couple relatively minor dings are not something to panic about.
One of the other reasons we rated this nursing home so highly is that it earned a very impressive nursing grade. In that area, we awarded this nursing home a grade of B+. The nursing category assesses quite a few subcategories, many of which are based on quantities of nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place Illinois in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can often be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as employing a policy of moving a resident more frequently.
Does this page answer your questions about Joliet Terrace?
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to another strength for this nursing home, we gave them one of our better grades in our short-term care category as well, with a B+. In forming our short-term care grades, we quantify the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. Our purpose is to devise a measure for comparing the rehabilitation services of various facilities. We weren't able to track down registered nurse or physical therapy staffing data for this facility. The last metric we looked at in this category is the number of residents who were able to leave the facility and return home. We discovered that 0 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we graded is long-term care, is this facility's least impressive category. We gave this facility a grade of D in that area. This really is one of just a few dings on a very solid report card. When facilities receive a grade in this range in this category it typically means the nursing home did not perform well in our quality measures relating to patient care. After considering the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination record. It doesn't look like this nursing home provided data regarding vaccinations. Surprisingly, this nursing home was actually decent at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. This is its best score in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Scores for Joliet, IL
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Joliet, Illinois has 8 other nursing homes
- Presence Saint Joseph Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.95 miles away333 N Madison St Joliet Illinois 60435Voluntary non-profit - Church(815) 725-7133
- Silver Cross Hospital and Medical CentersAcute Care Hospitals 8.1 miles away1900 Silver Cross Blvd New Lenox Illinois 60451Voluntary non-profit - Private(815) 300-1100
- Adventist Bolingbrook HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.75 miles away500 Remington Boulevard Bolingbrook Illinois 60440Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 312-5000
- Rush Copley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.2 miles away2000 Ogden Avenue Aurora Illinois 60504Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 978-6200
- Edward HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.1 miles away801 South Washington Naperville Illinois 60540Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 527-3000
- Morris Hospital & Healthcare CentersAcute Care Hospitals 18.06 miles away150 W High St Morris Illinois 60450Voluntary non-profit - Private(815) 942-2932
- Palos Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.76 miles away12251 South 80th Avenue Palos Heights Illinois 60463Voluntary non-profit - Private(708) 923-4000
- Sun Health0.75 miles away2121 Oneida St Suite 104 Joliet Illinois 60435Dialysis Stations: 17 (815) 725-7886
- Affiliated Dialysis of Joliet2.11 miles away1352 Houbolt Rd Joliet Illinois 60431Dialysis Stations: 1 (815) 630-5530
- Davita - West Joliet2.24 miles away1051 Essington Road Suite 160 Joliet Illinois 60435CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (815) 725-3275
- Fmc - Joliet3.96 miles away721 East Jackson Street Joliet Illinois 60432CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (815) 726-8619
- Fmc - Plainfield5.54 miles away2320 Michas Drive Plainfield Illinois 60586Dialysis Stations: 15 (815) 230-2267
- Fmc - Plainfield North8.01 miles away24024 West Riverwalk Ct Plainfield Illinois 60544Dialysis Stations: 10 (815) 577-2898
- Davita - Renal Care Center New Lenox8.07 miles away1890 Silver Cross Blvd Suite 150 New Lenox Illinois 60451CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (815) 320-3049
- Davita - New Lenox Home8.14 miles away1890 Silver Cross Blvd Ste 465 New Lenox Illinois 60451Dialysis Stations: 3 (815) 462-3971