John T Mather Memorial Hosp T C U is a very-small hospital-based nursing home located in Port Jefferson, New York. Sporting an overall score of A+, this facility is undoubtedly a top-shelf facility. Based on our ratings, this nursing home is simply as good as it gets. If you look further down this page, you can see this nursing home's category scores, which look to be just as impressive as its overall grade.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
John T Mather Memorial Hosp T C U
- Nursing Home
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Port Jefferson senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Respiratory Therapy
- Pain Management
- Lymphedema Care
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Best Nursing Home in New York Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Port Jefferson, New York Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in New York Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Port Jefferson, New York Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in New York Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Port Jefferson, New York Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
On top of being an elite facility overall, this facility also performed well in the area of inspections, where it received an A+. Few places fared this well in this category. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in calculating these inspection grades. One critical factor is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of deficiencies is usually more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some deficiencies end up being relatively insignificant. While this nursing home had a few minor dings on its report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means the government inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
We also wanted to direct your attention to the fact that this facility performed well in our short-term care rating. We awarded them an exemplary grade of A+ in this category. Our short-term care grades are crucial for residents requiring rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically requires additional skilled nursing services. This means a broad scope of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. However, according to the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we looked at the number of patients that who were able to eventually return home from this facility. We found that 7.5 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about John T Mather Memorial Hosp T C U?
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on our third area, we awarded this facility a score of A for our long-term care rating. This is a very strong grade. For residents looking for a permanent residence as opposed to skilled nursing, long-term care is a very important category. One of the datapoints we considered on top of nursing hours was vaccines. It doesn't appear that this nursing home submitted information about vaccinations. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Switching gears to our next category, this nursing home received a very strong nursing score. We gave it a grade of A in that area, rounding out a straight A profile. Nursing ratings are based largely on levels of nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0.9 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed certain nursing quality measures in computing our nursing grades. These include minimizing residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We look at these areas as reliable indicators of the caliber of nursing care being provided, since better care tends to reduce these problems.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
John T Mather Memorial Hosp T C U Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In John T Mather Memorial Hosp T C U, 6.82% of Patients
Measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to measure patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In John T Mather Memorial Hosp T C U, 71.5% of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term patients that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- John T Mather Memorial Hospital of Port JeffersonAcute Care Hospitals 0 miles away75 North Country Road Port Jefferson New York 11777Voluntary non-profit - Private(631) 473-1320
- St Charles HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.72 miles away200 Belle Terre Road Port Jefferson New York 11777Voluntary non-profit - Private(631) 474-6000
- St Catherine of Siena HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.03 miles away50 Route 25a Smithtown New York 11787Voluntary non-profit - Private(631) 862-3000
- Long Island Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.69 miles away101 Hospital Road Patchogue New York 11772Voluntary non-profit - Private(631) 654-7100
- Pilgrim Psychiatric CenterPsychiatric 15.45 miles away998 Crooked Hill Road Brentwood New York 11717Government - State(631) 761-3500
- Southside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.97 miles away301 East Main Street Bay Shore New York 11706Voluntary non-profit - Private(631) 968-3000
- Bridgeport HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.35 miles away267 Grant Street Bridgeport Connecticut 06610Voluntary non-profit - Private(203) 384-3000
- Huntington HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.35 miles away270 Park Avenue Huntington New York 11743Voluntary non-profit - Private(631) 351-2000
- Fms-Central Suffolk Akc1.05 miles away5225 Nesconset Highway Unit #72 - Bldg.9 Port Jefferson Station New York 11776CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (631) 331-5600
- Stony Brook Kidney Center, Dci2.91 miles away26 Research Way East Setauket New York 11733CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (631) 444-0502
- Coram Dialysis Center5.85 miles away1500 Middle Country Road Centereach New York 11720Dialysis Stations: 16 (631) 716-8758
- Davita Medford Kidney Center8.27 miles away1725 North Ocean Avenue Medford New York 11763CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 10 (631) 289-8000
- St. Catherine of Siena Med. Ctr10.13 miles away50 Route 25a Dialysis Unit Smithtown New York 11787CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (631) 862-3707
- Long Island Community Hospital11.65 miles away101 Hospital Road Patchogue New York 11772Dialysis Stations: 6 (631) 654-7160
- Long Island Community Hospital12.15 miles away109 West Main Street Dialysis Satellite Patchogue New York 11772CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (631) 687-2828
- Hauppauge Dialysis Center12.65 miles away30 Central Avenue Hauppauge New York 11788CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (631) 761-6605