John T Mather Memorial Hosp T C U is a very-small non-profit nursing home in Port Jefferson, New York. With an overall rating of A+, this facility is undoubtedly an elite nursing home. Based on our analysis, this place is simply as good as it gets. If you scroll down, you can see this place's category grades, which look to be just as strong as its overall rating.
John T Mather Memorial Hosp T C U
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being an elite facility overall, this facility performed well in the area of inspections, where it received an A+. Few nursing homes fared this well in this area. Our inspection grades weigh several factors found on a facility's inspection report. One key criteria we weigh heavily is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with better grades in this area generally have few severe deficiencies. While this place had a few deficiencies on its government inspection report, none were serious based on CMS' scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
In addition, this facility received quality marks in the category of short-term care. As a result, it was given one of our best grades in that area with a grade of A+. In our short-term care grade, we try to craft a valuable measure for rehabilitation. In doing so, we analyze the facility's levels of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as speech therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we considered the percentage of patients that returned home from this facility. We found that 7.9 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about John T Mather Memorial Hosp T C U?
Long-term Care Quality
We also wanted to note the fact that this nursing home was given an elite score of A in our long-term care area. If you are looking for anything other than rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each nursing home's long-term care scores. On top of looking at the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. We were not able to track down this place's vaccination data. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
The last category we scored is nursing, where this nursing home received an A. This completed a very impressive profile. Only a select few nursing homes received an A- or better in every single category. In calculating a nursing home's nursing score, we weigh the amount of time nurses spend with patients as well as the levels of training of those nurses. This nursing home averages 0.9 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well in terms of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
John T Mather Memorial Hosp T C U Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In John T Mather Memorial Hosp T C U, 8.77 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In John T Mather Memorial Hosp T C U, 74.71% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term care patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- John T Mather Memorial Hospital of Port JeffersonAcute Care Hospitals 0 miles away75 North Country Road Port Jefferson New York 11777Voluntary non-profit - Private(631) 473-1320
- St Charles HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.72 miles away200 Belle Terre Road Port Jefferson New York 11777Voluntary non-profit - Private(631) 474-6000
- St Catherine of Siena HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.03 miles away50 Route 25a Smithtown New York 11787Voluntary non-profit - Private(631) 862-3000
- Long Island Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.69 miles away101 Hospital Road Patchogue New York 11772Voluntary non-profit - Private(631) 654-7100
- Pilgrim Psychiatric CenterPsychiatric 15.45 miles away998 Crooked Hill Road Brentwood New York 11717Government - State(631) 761-3500
- Southside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.97 miles away301 East Main Street Bay Shore New York 11706Voluntary non-profit - Private(631) 968-3000
- Bridgeport HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.35 miles away267 Grant Street Bridgeport Connecticut 06610Voluntary non-profit - Private(203) 384-3000
- Huntington HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.35 miles away270 Park Avenue Huntington New York 11743Voluntary non-profit - Private(631) 351-2000
- Fms-Central Suffolk Akc1.05 miles away5225 Nesconset Highway Unit #72 - Bldg.9 Port Jefferson Station New York 11776CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (631) 331-5600
- Stony Brook Kidney Center, Dci2.91 miles away26 Research Way East Setauket New York 11733CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (631) 444-0502
- Coram Dialysis Center5.85 miles away1500 Middle Country Road Centereach New York 11720Dialysis Stations: 16 (631) 716-8758
- Davita Medford Kidney Center8.27 miles away1725 North Ocean Avenue Medford New York 11763CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 10 (631) 289-8000
- St. Catherine of Siena Med. Ctr10.13 miles away50 Route 25a Dialysis Unit Smithtown New York 11787CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (631) 862-3707
- Long Island Community Hospital11.65 miles away101 Hospital Road Patchogue New York 11772Dialysis Stations: 6 (631) 654-7160
- Long Island Community Hospital12.15 miles away109 West Main Street Dialysis Satellite Patchogue New York 11772CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (631) 687-2828
- Hauppauge Dialysis Center12.65 miles away30 Central Avenue Hauppauge New York 11788CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (631) 761-6605