John Knox Village Care Center is located in Lees Summit, Missouri, a city with a population of 96,149 people. Featuring an overall rating of D, this is a well below average facility. If you are not happy with this facility's pedestrian overall grade, you may find your options to be limited in Lees Summit. The city has just three other nursing homes. The best thing we can really say about this place is that it did not receive any F's in in any of the major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
John Knox Village Care Center
Updated May 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
600 Nw Pryor Road,
Lees Summit MO 64081
32.18% estimated occupancy 1
Note: John Knox Village Care Center has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
Registered Staff Hours
Although we did not rate this nursing home well overall, we want to point out its decent health inspections in recent years. We awarded it a somewhat respectable score of B- in that category. Inspection ratings weigh several factors, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these factors by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This particular nursing home received 5 deficiencies on its inspection report. Another red flag is that CMS cited this nursing home for possible abuse or neglect. Hopefully, its performance improves in the future, but until then we simply can't recommend this facility.
We also ended up giving this facility a fairly respectable grade in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of B-. Nursing grades are largely associated with a facility's level of nurse staffing. According to its staffing data, this nursing home provided an average of 4.4 hours of nursing care per resident daily. Roughly one fourth of this care came from registered nurses, which are highly skilled nurses. Both of these figures are higher than average. Lastly, our nursing grades also factor in some quality-focused statistics. Specifically, we look at the percent of residents who sustained pressure ulcers and major falls. We look at these statistics as reliable indicators of the quality of nursing care, since better care tends to reduce these problems.
Does this page answer your questions about John Knox Village Care Center?
Short-term Care Quality
The next category we graded was short-term care. In that category, we awarded this facility a B-. Our short-term care scores are based in part on the facility's quantity of highly-skilled nursing services. This includes a vast spectrum of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. This place excelled in the two key staffing areas we looked at. The facility provided more care from registered nurses and physical therapists than the average nursing home. This is often a great sign. The final datapoint we assessed in this category is the percentage of patients that ultimately were able to return home from the nursing home. It fared well with 60.1 percent of its patients returning home.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we looked at is long-term care. We gave it a grade of B- in this area. This is not a bad grade in this area. Our long-term care ratings are based in part on the facility's volume of care. This includes a broad range of personal care services, ranging from assistance with activities of daily living to routine healthcare services. In addition to considering the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility gave the vaccine to 96.84466 percent of its patients. This facility was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had just 1.41 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
John Knox Village Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In John Knox Village Care Center, 9.56% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are often caused by residents not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In John Knox Village Care Center, 4.04% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure tells you the percentage of long-term patients who sustained falls resulting in major injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls may be an indication of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In John Knox Village Care Center, 3.44% of Patients had UTIs
This metric indicates the percentage of long-term patients who experienced a UTI. While a higher rate of these infections could reflect poorly on a facility's nursing care, it is difficult to compare between facilities due to differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In John Knox Village Care Center, 20.38% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic drugs are given to residents for many conditions, such as cognitive disorders. Sadly, in limited cases, increased usage of these drugs may mean a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In John Knox Village Care Center, 24.28% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care patients who are administered antianxiety medication. These drugs are commonly used to treat patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In John Knox Village Care Center, 4.04% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients showing depressive symptoms. High levels of depression could be an indicator a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In John Knox Village Care Center, 89.97% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In John Knox Village Care Center, 14.55% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of residents who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In John Knox Village Care Center, 15.54% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of residents who remained mobile levels over time. Retaining mobility is usually a good sign for residents' health.
In John Knox Village Care Center, 1.62 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Avoiding the hospital is key to maintaining the physical health of residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In John Knox Village Care Center, 15.54 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is key to restoring the health of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In John Knox Village Care Center, 11.99 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In John Knox Village Care Center, 72.55% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percent of short-term care patients that saw functional improvements.
Scores for Lees Summit, MO
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Lees Summit, Missouri has 3 other nursing homes
- Saint Luke's East HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.18 miles away100 N E Saint Luke's Boulevard Lees Summit Missouri 64086Voluntary non-profit - Private(816) 347-5000
- Truman Medical Center LakewoodAcute Care Hospitals 3.64 miles away7900 Lee's Summit Rd Kansas City Missouri 64139Voluntary non-profit - Private(816) 404-7000
- Lee's Summit Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.58 miles away2100 Se Blue Parkway Lees Summit Missouri 64063Proprietary(816) 282-5000
- Centerpoint Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.22 miles away19600 East 39th Street Independence Missouri 64057Proprietary(816) 698-7000
- Research Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.71 miles away2316 E Meyer Blvd Kansas City Missouri 64132Proprietary(816) 276-4000
- St Joseph Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.38 miles away1000 Carondelet Dr Kansas City Missouri 64114Proprietary(816) 942-4400
- St Mary's Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.49 miles away201 Nw R D Mize Rd Blue Springs Missouri 64014Voluntary non-profit - Church(816) 228-5900
- St Lukes Hospital of Kansas CityAcute Care Hospitals 12.71 miles away4401 Wornall Road Kansas City Missouri 64111Voluntary non-profit - Private(816) 932-2000
- Dialysis Clinics, Inc - Lees Summit1 miles away219 Nw Executive Way Lees Summit Missouri 64063Dialysis Stations: 12 (816) 554-2711
- Isd - Lee's Summit Renal Center2.34 miles away100 Ne Missouri Rd Suite 100 Lees Summit Missouri 64086CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (816) 524-3312
- Lee's Summit Dialysis4.27 miles away1831 Se Blue Parkway Lees Summit Missouri 64063Dialysis Stations: 12 (816) 554-1950
- Fmc Dialysis Services of Raytown6.07 miles away11503 E 63rd St Kansas City Missouri 64133Dialysis Stations: 24 (816) 353-3080
- Grandview Dialysis7.05 miles away13812 S 71 Hwy Grandview Missouri 64030Dialysis Stations: 12 (816) 763-1179
- Davita Blue Ridge Dialysis7.13 miles away8608 E 63rd St Kansas City Missouri 64133Dialysis Stations: 20 (816) 353-6100
- Eastland Dialysis8.33 miles away19101 E Valley View Pkwy Ste E Independence Missouri 64055Dialysis Stations: 20 (816) 795-6018
- Fmc - Centerpoint8.95 miles away19401 E 37th Terrace Court South Suite 200 Independence Missouri 64057Dialysis Stations: 14 (816) 795-6559