John Knox Village Care Center is located in Lees Summit, Missouri. The city has a total of 96,149 people. With an B+ overall grade, we rated this facility in the top third of all facilities in the nation. At the end of the day, this facility is a solid choice for most people. This place is stronger in some categories than others, but it did not have any weak links in any of the major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
John Knox Village Care Center
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
Top Nursing Home in Missouri Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Lees Summit, Missouri Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Lees Summit, Missouri Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Missouri Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Lees Summit, Missouri Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
One of the many reasons this turned out to be a great nursing home is that it received an A+ short-term care grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this category. Our short-term care ratings are likely most meaningful for people in need of a nursing home for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually requires additional highly-skilled nursing services. This means not only nursing, but also physical and occupational therapy, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 6.1 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
This nursing home also received a strong nursing score. In fact, we awarded it an above average grade of B+ in this area. Our nursing score is largely associated with the facility's level of nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in the area of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about John Knox Village Care Center?
We also wanted to emphasize this nursing home's nearly flawless government inspections in recent years. We gave them an impressive grade of B+ in this category. Arguably the most critical factor we look at in calculating our inspection scores is deficiencies. These deficiencies are found on a facility's inspection reports. Facilities with better grades in this category typically avoided the most severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. This particular nursing home received 5 deficiencies on its inspection report. Overall, this is still a good inspection report, but we'd always recommend looking into any deficiencies you find troubling.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we rated was long-term care, where this nursing home was given a grade of B-. This turned out to be this facility's weakest category. This is nevertheless nothing to be ashamed of. Long-term care grades are based in part on the nursing home's quantity of nursing services. This means a broad spectrum of personal care services, ranging from help with activities of daily living to routine healthcare services. On top of looking at the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility gave the vaccine to 96.82152 percent of its residents. This nursing home keeps its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
John Knox Village Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In John Knox Village Care Center, 9.28% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure gauges the percent of long-term patients who developed new or worsened pressure ulcers. We have found that pressure ulcers are an barometer of quality of care.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In John Knox Village Care Center, 3.89% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of patients who have had a major fall. Falls leading to major injury are often the result of lower levels of patient supervision. Closer supervision can reduce the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In John Knox Village Care Center, 3.39% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are routinely linked to facilities with lower levels of hygiene. Better nursing care can reduce the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. We want to point out that this metric is affected by by the fact that facilities have incongruent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In John Knox Village Care Center, 20.47% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint gauges the percent of long-term residents that were given antipsychotic medication. Excessive reliance on these medications may suggest that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior in scenarios where such drugs aren't medically indicated. Nevertheless, some facilities may need to rely more on these medications due to an increased number of patients suffering from dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In John Knox Village Care Center, 24.32% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric gauges the percentage of long-term care patients which are administered antianxiety medication. These medications are commonly prescribed to residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In John Knox Village Care Center, 4.19% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care patients demonstrating signs of depression. Some argue this is a reasonable measure of quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In John Knox Village Care Center, 88.53% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay residents who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In John Knox Village Care Center, 14.79% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and eating. Many believe this is a reliable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In John Knox Village Care Center, 14.68% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of residents that retained mobility levels over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a great sign for residents' health.
In John Knox Village Care Center, 1.7 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In John Knox Village Care Center, 14.68 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In John Knox Village Care Center, 11.55 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to measure patient well-being during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In John Knox Village Care Center, 72.81% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term stay residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Lees Summit, MO
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Lees Summit, Missouri has 3 other nursing homes
- Saint Luke's East HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.18 miles away100 N E Saint Luke's Boulevard Lees Summit Missouri 64086Voluntary non-profit - Private(816) 347-5000
- Truman Medical Center LakewoodAcute Care Hospitals 3.64 miles away7900 Lee's Summit Rd Kansas City Missouri 64139Voluntary non-profit - Private(816) 404-7000
- Lee's Summit Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.58 miles away2100 Se Blue Parkway Lees Summit Missouri 64063Proprietary(816) 282-5000
- Centerpoint Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.22 miles away19600 East 39th Street Independence Missouri 64057Proprietary(816) 698-7000
- Research Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.71 miles away2316 E Meyer Blvd Kansas City Missouri 64132Proprietary(816) 276-4000
- St Joseph Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.38 miles away1000 Carondelet Dr Kansas City Missouri 64114Proprietary(816) 942-4400
- St Mary's Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.49 miles away201 Nw R D Mize Rd Blue Springs Missouri 64014Voluntary non-profit - Church(816) 228-5900
- St Lukes Hospital of Kansas CityAcute Care Hospitals 12.71 miles away4401 Wornall Road Kansas City Missouri 64111Voluntary non-profit - Private(816) 932-2000
- Dialysis Clinics, Inc - Lees Summit1 miles away219 Nw Executive Way Lees Summit Missouri 64063Dialysis Stations: 12 (816) 554-2711
- Isd - Lee's Summit Renal Center2.34 miles away100 Ne Missouri Rd Suite 100 Lees Summit Missouri 64086CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (816) 524-3312
- Lee's Summit Dialysis4.27 miles away1831 Se Blue Parkway Lees Summit Missouri 64063Dialysis Stations: 12 (816) 554-1950
- Fmc Dialysis Services of Raytown6.07 miles away11503 E 63rd St Kansas City Missouri 64133Dialysis Stations: 24 (816) 353-3080
- Grandview Dialysis7.05 miles away13812 S 71 Hwy Grandview Missouri 64030Dialysis Stations: 12 (816) 763-1179
- Davita Blue Ridge Dialysis7.13 miles away8608 E 63rd St Kansas City Missouri 64133Dialysis Stations: 20 (816) 353-6100
- Eastland Dialysis8.33 miles away19101 E Valley View Pkwy Ste E Independence Missouri 64055Dialysis Stations: 20 (816) 795-6018
- Fmc - Centerpoint8.95 miles away19401 E 37th Terrace Court South Suite 200 Independence Missouri 64057Dialysis Stations: 14 (816) 795-6559