Job Haines Home for Aged Peopl is a small non-profit nursing home located in Bloomfield, New Jersey. With an overall grade of A+, this facility is one of the most impressive facilities we found. In fact, this is the number one rated nursing home in New Jersey, which is an incredible achievement. Keep reading to find this facility's category grades, which are equally impressive. You really can't do any better than a straight A profile.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Job Haines Home for Aged Peopl
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Bloomfield senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in New Jersey Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
One of the many reasons this turned out to be a quality nursing home is that it received an A+ inspection grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this critical category. Perhaps the most important factor we consider in calculating our inspection ratings is deficiencies. Deficiencies can be found on a facility's inspection reports. Nursing homes with better scores in this category typically dodged the more severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. Unfortunately, we were not able to find information on deficiency's for this nursing home. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
One of the other reasons we graded this facility so highly is that it received a very impressive nursing score. In that category, we awarded this nursing home an A+. Our nursing grade is primarily tied to the nursing home's nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.7 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well in the area of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Job Haines Home for Aged Peopl?
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we analyzed is long-term care. This nursing home fared very well in our long-term care rating as well. We awarded them an exemplary score of A+ in this area. Nursing homes that do well in this category typically provide patients with better supervision and stay on top of routine healthcare services. Once we assessed the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination data. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which is much higher than the average nursing home. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Short-term Care Quality
In our last category, we gave this facility a grade of A+ for our short-term care rating. This completed a first-rate report card. Our short-term care grades are based in part on a nursing home's quantity of skilled nursing services. This means a vast range of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, in addition to other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we considered the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 5.3 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Job Haines Home for Aged Peopl Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Job Haines Home for Aged Peopl, 5.13% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of patients who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are often the result of patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Job Haines Home for Aged Peopl, 0% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic gauges the percent of long-term patients who have suffered falls which caused serious injury. This is one of the statistics we use in computing nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Job Haines Home for Aged Peopl, 0% of Patients had UTIs
This figure tells you the percentage of long-term patients that have experienced a UTI. UTI's may be a sign of worse hygiene protocols. However, this statistic could be skewed for some facilities due to varying reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Job Haines Home for Aged Peopl, 16.47% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of residents prescribed antipsychotic medications. These drugs may be used to treat several medical conditions, such as dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Job Haines Home for Aged Peopl, 14.47% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric is an indication of the percent of long-term care patients taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Job Haines Home for Aged Peopl, 1.19% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term patients showing depressive symptoms. Many believe this is a reliable measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Job Haines Home for Aged Peopl, 100% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents that were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Job Haines Home for Aged Peopl, 14.52% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and continence. Many would argue this is a reliable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Job Haines Home for Aged Peopl, 24.44% of Residents
This tells you the percent of residents who maintained mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Job Haines Home for Aged Peopl, 0.02 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care. There is generally a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Job Haines Home for Aged Peopl, 24.44% of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Job Haines Home for Aged Peopl, 9.02% of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Job Haines Home for Aged Peopl, 75.12% of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percent of short-term patients that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some argue this is a measure of rehabilitation services.
- East Orange General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.36 miles away300 Central Ave East Orange New Jersey 07018Voluntary non-profit - Private(973) 266-4401
- University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.95 miles away150 Bergen St Newark New Jersey 07101Government - State(973) 972-5658
- Essex County Hospital CenterPsychiatric 5.17 miles away204 Grove Avenue Cedar Grove New Jersey 07009Government - Local(973) 571-2801
- Newark Beth Israel Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.25 miles away201 Lyons Ave Newark New Jersey 07112Voluntary non-profit - Private(973) 926-7850
- Saint Barnabas Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.89 miles away94 Old Short Hills Road Livingston New Jersey 07039Voluntary non-profit - Other(973) 322-5000
- St Mary's General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.01 miles away350 Boulevard Passaic New Jersey 07055Proprietary(973) 365-4300
- Hudson Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.25 miles away55 Meadowlands Pkwy Secaucus New Jersey 07094Proprietary(201) 392-3200
- Carepoint Health-Christ HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.03 miles away176 Palisade Ave Jersey City New Jersey 07306Voluntary non-profit - Church(201) 795-8200
- Fkc Belleville0.74 miles away36 Newark Avenue Suite 304 Belleville New Jersey 07109Dialysis Stations: 16 (973) 450-0385
- Fmc Bloomfield Dc1.06 miles away206 Belleville Avenue Bloomfield New Jersey 07003CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (973) 680-8100
- Fmc North Newark1.14 miles away155 Berkeley Avenue Newark New Jersey 07107CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (973) 412-0066
- Davita East Orange Dialysis1.72 miles away14-20 Prospect Street East Orange New Jersey 07017CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (973) 672-2025
- Ara Dialysis at East Orange2.03 miles away20 Sussex Ave East Orange New Jersey 07018Dialysis Stations: 13 (973) 266-1093
- Fmc East Orange Dc2.2 miles away110 South Grove Street East Orange New Jersey 07018CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (973) 414-6100
- Davita Renal Center of Newark2.4 miles away571 Central Ave Newark New Jersey 07107CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (973) 484-4994
- Ea Orange Gen Hospital2.55 miles away310 Central Avenue Medical Arts Building - Dialysis Unit East Orange New Jersey 07017CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (973) 395-4035