Jfk Hartwyck at Cedar Brook is an average-sized non-profit facility in Plainfield, New Jersey. This nursing home is an A rated facility. This nursing home was given one of the highest scores that we offer. A grade of this caliber requires first-rate scores across the board. In fact, this nursing home has the distinction of being one of the top 100 nursing homes in New Jersey. This is an impressive achievement in a state with a long list of high-end facilities. This facility also received phenomenal grades in all of the major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Jfk Hartwyck at Cedar Brook
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Plainfield senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in New Jersey Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Plainfield, New Jersey Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
On top of faring well overall, this facility received nearly flawless government inspections. As a result, it received one of our best grades in that category with an A+. Our inspection grades are based on several pieces of information located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that receive favorable grades in this category have few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these places should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Adding to its impressive resume, this nursing home also excelled in our nursing category. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A for that category. Nursing grades are primarily tied to a facility's nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can generally be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Jfk Hartwyck at Cedar Brook?
Short-term Care Quality
This facility also was dominant in the category of short-term care, where it received a score of A-. Not many nursing homes fared better in this area. Our short-term care grades are arguably most meaningful for those requiring a nursing home for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally utilizes additional highly-skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing means not merely nursing, but also physical and occupational therapy, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last datapoint we looked at in this area is the percentage of residents who who were able to eventually return home from the nursing home. We found that 5.4 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Long-term Care Quality
Switching gears to the final area, this nursing home also excelled in our long-term care category. In fact, we gave it a B+ for that category. This rounded out a first-rate profile. Long-term care scores in this range generally require both around the clock care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine healthcare services. After we finished looking at the quantity of nursing care, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination record. This nursing home vaccinated 82.48588 percent of its residents against pneumonia. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Jfk Hartwyck at Cedar Brook Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Jfk Hartwyck at Cedar Brook, 8.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of patients that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are often the result of patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Jfk Hartwyck at Cedar Brook, 2.79% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients that have had a major fall. Falls leading to severe injuries are considered by many experts to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Falls which result in injury are routinely the result of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Jfk Hartwyck at Cedar Brook, 1.44% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections may be linked to poorer hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Jfk Hartwyck at Cedar Brook, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be helpful for many residents, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used appropriately. In some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest that a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Jfk Hartwyck at Cedar Brook, 17.29% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of long-term stay residents receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Jfk Hartwyck at Cedar Brook, 6.37% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay residents demonstrating symptoms of depression. Some believe this is a reasonable measure of quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Jfk Hartwyck at Cedar Brook, 89.73% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Jfk Hartwyck at Cedar Brook, 10.05% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living could be a sign of deterioration of a resident's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Jfk Hartwyck at Cedar Brook, 10.04% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who maintained mobility.
In Jfk Hartwyck at Cedar Brook, 1.88 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Jfk Hartwyck at Cedar Brook, 10.04 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Jfk Hartwyck at Cedar Brook, 9.47 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to measure the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Jfk Hartwyck at Cedar Brook, 81.82% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percentage of short-term stay patients who experienced functional improvements.
- Jfk Medical Ctr - Anthony M. Yelencsics CommunityAcute Care Hospitals 4.19 miles away65 James Street Edison New Jersey 08818Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 321-7000
- Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital at RahwayAcute Care Hospitals 5.86 miles away865 Stone St Rahway New Jersey 07065Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 381-4200
- Saint Peter's University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.69 miles away254 Easton Ave New Brunswick New Jersey 08901Voluntary non-profit - Church(732) 745-8600
- Overlook Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.1 miles away99 Beauvoir Avenue Summit New Jersey 07902Voluntary non-profit - Other(908) 522-2000
- Raritan Bay Medical Center Perth Amboy DivisionAcute Care Hospitals 8.62 miles away530 New Brunswick Ave Perth Amboy New Jersey 08861Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 442-3700
- Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital SomersetAcute Care Hospitals 10.3 miles away110 Rehill Ave Somerville New Jersey 08876Voluntary non-profit - Private(908) 685-2200
- Trinitas Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.64 miles away225 Williamson Street Elizabeth New Jersey 07207Voluntary non-profit - Private(908) 994-5000
- Newark Beth Israel Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.47 miles away201 Lyons Ave Newark New Jersey 07112Voluntary non-profit - Private(973) 926-7850
- Dva Plainfield Dialysis Center0.31 miles away1200 Randolph Road Kenyon House Plainfield New Jersey 07060CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (908) 757-6030
- Fmc So Plainfield2.18 miles away2201 S Clinton Ave South Plainfield New Jersey 07080Dialysis Stations: 15 (908) 668-8007
- Fmc Edison2.57 miles away2 Olsen Ave Edison New Jersey 08820Dialysis Stations: 19 (732) 549-3286
- Davita Durham Corners3.24 miles away241 Durham Avenue South Plainfield New Jersey 07080CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (908) 222-2971
- Dva Edison3.5 miles away29 Meridian Road Edison New Jersey 08820CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (732) 205-9883
- Davita Metuchen Dialysis4.77 miles away319 Lake Avenue Metuchen New Jersey 08840Dialysis Stations: 10 (732) 906-5714
- Fmc Colonia Dialysis Ctr5.31 miles away1250 Route 27 Colonia New Jersey 07067CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (732) 382-7333
- Dva Summit Dialysis Ctr6.31 miles away1139 Spruce Drive Mountainside New Jersey 07092CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (908) 232-7800