Jewish Home & Rehab Center Distinct Part/Skilled Nursing is located in San Francisco, California, which is one of the largest cities in the nation. This is an A rated facility. This nursing home was given one of the top scores we offer. A score in this range requires superb scores across the board. Even in a city featuring 14 other nursing homes, this one stands out as a fine choice. This facility also received consistently good ratings in all of the major categories. Additional information about its category grades can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Jewish Home & Rehab Center Distinct Part/Skilled Nursing
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Jan 10, 2019 by Nick Reese
Note: Data for Jewish Home & Rehab Center Distinct Part/Skilled Nursing has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
Get pricing and details on San Francisco senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Long-term Care Quality
We also wanted to emphasize the fact that this facility received an impressive grade of A in our long-term care category. Facilities that receive this type of score in this category tend to provide consistent 24/7 care to make sure residents are well cared for. Once we assessed the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination records. Unfortunately, it does not look like this facility submitted information on its vaccination levels. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. It had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
One of the other reasons we graded this nursing home so highly is that it earned a very impressive nursing score. Nursing proved to be its second best category grade. In that category, we gave this nursing home an A. We looked at the levels of nurses employed by the facility, in addition to the number of hours the nurses worked with residents, in determining our rating in this category. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the country in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can frequently be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as by employing a protocol of turning patients more often.
Does this page answer your questions about Jewish Home & Rehab Center Distinct Part/Skilled Nursing?
Short-term Care Quality
The third area we analyzed was short-term care. Contributing to its dominant profile, this facility also excelled in that category. In fact, we awarded it a grade of of A- for that area. In determining our short-term care grades, we size up a nursing home's levels of skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists respiratory therapists and other types of therapists. This area is frequently a fair measure of the nursing home's ability to rehabilitate patients. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we looked at the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Finishing off its excellent profile, this nursing home also performed well in the area of inspections. In fact, we awarded it a B+ for that category. Our inspection ratings account for a host of factors found on a facility's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we consider is the number and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with higher scores in this area usually have few severe deficiencies. Unfortunately, we weren't able to locate information on deficiency's for this nursing home. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Scores for San Francisco, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? San Francisco, California has 13 other nursing homes
- California Pacific Medical Center - Mission BernalAcute Care Hospitals 1.49 miles away3555 Cesar Chavez Street San Francisco California 94110Voluntary non-profit - Church(415) 641-6562
- Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hosp & Trauma CtrAcute Care Hospitals 2.34 miles away1001 Potrero Avenue San Francisco California 94110Government - Local(415) 206-8000
- Ucsf Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.92 miles away505 Parnassus Ave, Box 0296 San Francisco California 94143Voluntary non-profit - Other(415) 353-2733
- St Mary's Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.48 miles away450 Stanyan St San Francisco California 94117Voluntary non-profit - Private(415) 668-1000
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - San FranciscoAcute Care Hospitals 3.9 miles away2425 Geary Blvd San Francisco California 94115Voluntary non-profit - Private(415) 833-2646
- Seton Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.98 miles away1900 Sullivan Avenue Daly City California 94015Voluntary non-profit - Church(650) 992-4000
- California Pacific Medical Center- Van Ness CampusAcute Care Hospitals 4.08 miles away1101 Van Ness Avenue San Francisco California 94109Voluntary non-profit - Private(415) 600-6000
- Saint Francis Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.34 miles away900 Hyde St San Francisco California 94109Voluntary non-profit - Private(415) 353-6000
- Rai Ocean Avenue1.63 miles away1738 Ocean Avenue San Francisco California 94112CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (415) 406-1090
- Davies Dialysis1.98 miles away45 Castro Street, South Tower 2nd Floor San Francisco California 94114CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (415) 252-7030
- Satellite Dialysis of San Francisco2.12 miles away1700 California Street, Suite 260 San Francisco California 94109CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 23 (415) 653-5800
- San Francisco General Hospital Renal Center2.44 miles away1001 Potrero Bldg. 100, Room 342 San Francisco California 94110Dialysis Stations: 13 (415) 206-8242
- Fmc Potrero Avenue2.64 miles away626 Potrero Ave San Francisco California 94110Dialysis Stations: 25 (415) 648-4182
- Wellbound of Daly City2.81 miles away2001 Junipero Serra Blvd Daly City California 94014Dialysis Stations: 4 (650) 550-3600
- Satellite Dialysis Daly City2.83 miles away2001 Junipero Serra Blvd, Suite 100 Daly City California 94014CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (650) 746-3140
- Westlake Daly City Dialysis Center2.83 miles away2201 Junipero Sierra Boulevard. #A Daly City California 94014CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 31 (650) 755-9480