Jeffrey & Susan Brudnick Center for Living is a large non-profit nursing home in Peabody, Massachusetts. This turns out to be an A+ rated facility. Receiving an A+ in our rating system takes superb marks across the board. This is just about as good of a facility as you'll find. Keep reading to see this place's category scores, which also impressed us. You really can't do much better than a straight A report card.
Jeffrey & Susan Brudnick Center for Living
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
One of the reasons this place received a great overall grade is that it received an impressive nursing score. In this area, we gave this nursing home a grade of A. In computing a nursing home's nursing rating, we consider the quantity of hours nurses spend with residents and the level of licensure of those nurses. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can often be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Adding to its impressive category scores, this nursing home also excelled in the area of inspections, where it earned an A. Few nursing homes performed as well in this area. Inspection grades weigh several factors, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these factors by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Jeffrey & Susan Brudnick Center for Living?
Short-term Care Quality
This facility also was given a first-rate short-term care score. Indeed, this is this nursing home's third strongest category grade. In that category, we awarded this facility a grade of A. In the area of short-term care, we strive to assess indicators of a facility's rehabilitation. We analyze the facility's skilled nursing services, such as the ones performed by registered nurses and physical, occupational and other therapists. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last statistic we considered in this category is the number of patients who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We found that 6.7 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
In the final category we scored, this nursing home received a very favorable grade of A in our long-term care category. With this grade, the facility completed a straight A profile. Facilities that excel in long-term care typically are well-staffed and offer extensive hands on care to patients. After looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination records. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is far higher than the vast majority of nursing homes. Lastly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Jeffrey & Susan Brudnick Center for Living Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Jeffrey & Susan Brudnick Center for Living, 6.44% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of patients who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a measure of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are often caused by patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Jeffrey & Susan Brudnick Center for Living, 3.62% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of residents who sustained a fall which caused major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Jeffrey & Susan Brudnick Center for Living, 2.45% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of long-term residents that had a UTI. UTI's could be an indicator of a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. However, this metric can be misleading for some facilities due to different reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Jeffrey & Susan Brudnick Center for Living, 18.96% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay residents receiving antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications serve an important medical purpose, it is important to confirm these medications are being used appropriately. In some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Jeffrey & Susan Brudnick Center for Living, 18.8% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint gauges the percent of long-term patients receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Jeffrey & Susan Brudnick Center for Living, 1.95% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients demonstrating symptoms of depression. Higher rates of depression may indicate a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Jeffrey & Susan Brudnick Center for Living, 91.63% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Jeffrey & Susan Brudnick Center for Living, 15.18% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living could be a sign of the decline of a resident's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Jeffrey & Susan Brudnick Center for Living, 19.01% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of residents that retained mobility levels over time. Retaining mobility is usually a great sign for residents' health.
In Jeffrey & Susan Brudnick Center for Living, 1.24 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Jeffrey & Susan Brudnick Center for Living, 19.01 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Jeffrey & Susan Brudnick Center for Living, 10.9 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Jeffrey & Susan Brudnick Center for Living, 71.03% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percentage of short-term care patients that saw functional improvements.
Scores for Peabody, MA
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Peabody, Massachusetts has 4 other nursing homes
- North Shore Medical Center -Acute Care Hospitals 3.19 miles away81 Highland Avenue Salem Massachusetts 01970Voluntary non-profit - Private(978) 741-1215
- Beverly Hospital CorporationAcute Care Hospitals 6.03 miles away85 Herrick Street Beverly Massachusetts 01915Voluntary non-profit - Private(978) 922-3000
- Melrosewakefield HealthcareAcute Care Hospitals 6.07 miles away585 Lebanon Street Melrose Massachusetts 02176Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 979-3000
- Winchester HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.41 miles away41 Highland Avenue Winchester Massachusetts 01890Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 729-9000
- Massachusetts General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.9 miles away55 Fruit Street Boston Massachusetts 02114Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 726-2000
- Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary -Acute Care Hospitals 11.91 miles away243 Charles Street Boston Massachusetts 02114Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 523-7900
- Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, BurlingtonAcute Care Hospitals 12.02 miles away41 & 45 Mall Road Burlington Massachusetts 01803Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 744-5100
- Cambridge Health AllianceAcute Care Hospitals 12.09 miles away1493 Cambridge Street Cambridge Massachusetts 02138Government - Local(617) 665-2300
- Peabody Dialysis Center1.09 miles away19-a Centennial Drive Peabody Massachusetts 01960CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (978) 532-7663
- Davita Salem Northeast Dialysis2.68 miles away207 Highland Ave Suite 2 Salem Massachusetts 01970CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (978) 744-2075
- Fresenius Medical Care Danvers3.33 miles away75 Newbury Street Danvers Massachusetts 01923Dialysis Stations: 13 (978) 774-0350
- North Suburban Dialysis Center (Bma Essex County)4.02 miles awayAugustine Plaza 124 Broadway, Route 1n Saugus Massachusetts 01906CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (781) 233-2877
- North Shore Regional Dialysis Center6.29 miles away133 Brimbal Ave Unit E Beverly Massachusetts 01915CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (978) 921-2052
- Fmc Services of Stoneham6.62 miles away2 Main Street Suite 100 Stoneham Massachusetts 02180CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (781) 279-2454
- Davita Woburn Dialysis9.66 miles away23 Warren Avenue Woburn Massachusetts 01801Dialysis Stations: 17 (781) 935-7700
- Davita Wellington Circle Dialysis Center9.73 miles away10 Cabot Road Suite 103b Medford Massachusetts 02155CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (781) 306-9740