Jeffrey & Susan Brudnick Center for Living is a large non-profit nursing home in Peabody, Massachusetts. This turns out to be an A+ rated facility. Receiving an A+ in our rating system takes superb marks across the board. This is just about as good of a facility as you'll find. Keep reading to see this place's category scores, which also impressed us. You really can't do much better than a straight A report card.
Jeffrey & Susan Brudnick Center for Living
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Recreational Therapy
Top Nursing Home in Massachusetts Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Peabody, Massachusetts Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Massachusetts Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Peabody, Massachusetts Awards 2020
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
One of the reasons this turned out to be a great facility is that it received a strong short-term care score. In that area, we gave this nursing home a grade of A. In determining these short-term care grades, we analyze the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. Our goal is to formulate a measure for comparing the rehabilitation services of different nursing homes. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last datapoint we considered in this area is the number of residents who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We found that 6.9 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Adding to its impressive category grades, this facility excelled in the category of inspections, where it earned a grade of A. Not many nursing homes performed as well in this area. Inspection scores are based on many datapoints found on the a nursing home's inspections. Nursing homes that score well in this area typically have very few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these facilities generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Jeffrey & Susan Brudnick Center for Living?
This nursing home also received a very impressive nursing grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of A. Nursing ratings are heavily correlated with levels of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well in the area of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
In our last category, this nursing home also was given an excellent long-term care rating, with an A. This wrapped up a rare straight A profile. Long-term care ratings in this range generally require both around the clock care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine healthcare services. On top of assessing the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home gave the vaccine to 100 percent of its residents. Vaccines are critical to keeping residents out of the hospital. Finally, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Jeffrey & Susan Brudnick Center for Living Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Jeffrey & Susan Brudnick Center for Living, 6.44% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin caused by remaining in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Jeffrey & Susan Brudnick Center for Living, 3.68% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of residents who have had a major fall. Falls leading to serious injuries are often caused by poor nursing care. Closer supervision can minimize the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Jeffrey & Susan Brudnick Center for Living, 2.42% of Patients had UTIs
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who experienced a urinary tract infection. UTI's could be an indicator of a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this statistic can also be misleading for certain nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Jeffrey & Susan Brudnick Center for Living, 19.05% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents prescribed antipsychotic medications. These medications are sometimes used for treating several conditions, such as dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Jeffrey & Susan Brudnick Center for Living, 18.65% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic measures the percent of long-term residents who were administered antianxiety drugs. These drugs are typically given to residents experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Jeffrey & Susan Brudnick Center for Living, 1.93% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients demonstrating symptoms of depression. Higher rates of depression may indicate a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Jeffrey & Susan Brudnick Center for Living, 91.44% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Jeffrey & Susan Brudnick Center for Living, 15.15% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living could be a sign of the decline of a resident's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Jeffrey & Susan Brudnick Center for Living, 17.66% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of residents that retained mobility levels over time. Retaining mobility is usually a great sign for residents' health.
In Jeffrey & Susan Brudnick Center for Living, 1.44 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Jeffrey & Susan Brudnick Center for Living, 17.66 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Jeffrey & Susan Brudnick Center for Living, 10.93 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Jeffrey & Susan Brudnick Center for Living, 71.35% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percentage of short-term care patients that saw functional improvements.
Scores for Peabody, MA
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Peabody, Massachusetts has 4 other nursing homes
- North Shore Medical Center -Acute Care Hospitals 3.19 miles away81 Highland Avenue Salem Massachusetts 01970Voluntary non-profit - Private(978) 741-1215
- Beverly Hospital CorporationAcute Care Hospitals 6.03 miles away85 Herrick Street Beverly Massachusetts 01915Voluntary non-profit - Private(978) 922-3000
- Melrosewakefield HealthcareAcute Care Hospitals 6.07 miles away585 Lebanon Street Melrose Massachusetts 02176Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 979-3000
- Winchester HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.41 miles away41 Highland Avenue Winchester Massachusetts 01890Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 729-9000
- Massachusetts General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.9 miles away55 Fruit Street Boston Massachusetts 02114Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 726-2000
- Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary -Acute Care Hospitals 11.91 miles away243 Charles Street Boston Massachusetts 02114Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 523-7900
- Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, BurlingtonAcute Care Hospitals 12.02 miles away41 & 45 Mall Road Burlington Massachusetts 01803Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 744-5100
- Cambridge Health AllianceAcute Care Hospitals 12.09 miles away1493 Cambridge Street Cambridge Massachusetts 02138Government - Local(617) 665-2300
- Peabody Dialysis Center1.09 miles away19-a Centennial Drive Peabody Massachusetts 01960CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (978) 532-7663
- Davita Salem Northeast Dialysis2.68 miles away207 Highland Ave Suite 2 Salem Massachusetts 01970CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (978) 744-2075
- Fresenius Medical Care Danvers3.33 miles away75 Newbury Street Danvers Massachusetts 01923Dialysis Stations: 13 (978) 774-0350
- North Suburban Dialysis Center (Bma Essex County)4.02 miles awayAugustine Plaza 124 Broadway, Route 1n Saugus Massachusetts 01906CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (781) 233-2877
- North Shore Regional Dialysis Center6.29 miles away133 Brimbal Ave Unit E Beverly Massachusetts 01915CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (978) 921-2052
- Fmc Services of Stoneham6.62 miles away2 Main Street Suite 100 Stoneham Massachusetts 02180CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (781) 279-2454
- Davita Woburn Dialysis9.66 miles away23 Warren Avenue Woburn Massachusetts 01801Dialysis Stations: 17 (781) 935-7700
- Davita Wellington Circle Dialysis Center9.73 miles away10 Cabot Road Suite 103b Medford Massachusetts 02155CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (781) 306-9740