Jefferson Health Care Center is a facility located in Sewell, New Jersey, which has a total of 37,433 people. This nursing home proved to be an A+ facility, which is the most impressive score we offer. We were impressed enough to rate this nursing home as one of the 50 best facilities in New Jersey. As you will find below, this facility performed just as well in our category scores. We give this place two thumbs up!
Jefferson Health Care Center
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
535 Egg Harbor Road,
Sewell NJ 08080
57.73% estimated occupancy 1
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Oncology Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
In addition to receiving a great overall grade, this facility also received an A+ long-term care grade. For long-term care residents, the primary objective is to keep patients healthy and safe. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate residents. In addition to assessing the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home provided the vaccine to 92.13974 percent of its patients. This is a bit less than we anticipated but still a reasonably acceptable percentage. Lastly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility also was awarded a impressive short-term care grade. Indeed, this turned out to be its second most impressive category grade. In that category, we gave this facility a grade of A. Short-term care grades are commonly used to measure a facility's performance with rehabilitation. In order to have good rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally must have better levels of skilled nursing services. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, speech therapists and other licensed professionals. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last metric we assessed in this category is the percentage of residents who were able to return home from the nursing home. We found that 5.9 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Jefferson Health Care Center?
This nursing home also received a very impressive nursing grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of A. Our nursing category assesses many components, most of which are tied to quantities of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well in terms of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Finally, this facility has earned near flawless government inspections in recent years. We gave them an A- in this category. This is one of the few facilities in the nation to receive an A- or better in all four categories. These inspection ratings weigh several factors, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these items by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Although this nursing home had a few deficiencies on its government inspection report, none were severe based on CMS' scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Jefferson Health Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Jefferson Health Care Center, 8.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are routinely caused by patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols minimizes the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Jefferson Health Care Center, 2.79% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of patients who sustained a major fall. Falls leading to severe injuries are considered to be a barometer of nursing care . Major falls which result in injury are often caused by lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Jefferson Health Care Center, 1.44% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes associated with inadequate hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Jefferson Health Care Center, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of residents prescribed antipsychotic medications. These drugs are sometimes used for treating a variety of medical conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Jefferson Health Care Center, 17.29% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay residents who are administered antianxiety drugs. These medications are generally given to patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Jefferson Health Care Center, 6.37% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients showing symptoms of depression. High levels of depression may be an indicator a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Jefferson Health Care Center, 89.73% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Jefferson Health Care Center, 10.05% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Jefferson Health Care Center, 10.04% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percent of long-term stay residents that were able to retain mobility.
In Jefferson Health Care Center, 1.88 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Jefferson Health Care Center, 10.04 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Jefferson Health Care Center, 9.47 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Jefferson Health Care Center, 81.82% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term stay patients who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of independence with activities of daily living often correlates with higher quality rehabilitation.
- Jefferson Stratford HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.06 miles away18 East Laurel Road Stratford New Jersey 08084Voluntary non-profit - Private(856) 346-7802
- Inspira Medical Center WoodburyAcute Care Hospitals 8.45 miles away509 N Broad St West Deptford New Jersey 08096Voluntary non-profit - Private(856) 845-0100
- Virtua West Jersey Hospitals VoorheesAcute Care Hospitals 10.39 miles away100 Bowman Drive Voorhees New Jersey 08043Voluntary non-profit - Private(856) 247-3000
- Inspira Medical Center ElmerAcute Care Hospitals 12.16 miles away501 West Front Street Elmer New Jersey 08318Voluntary non-profit - Private(856) 363-1000
- Weisman Childrens Rehabilitation HospitalChildrens 12.71 miles away92 Brick Road, 3rd Floor Marlton New Jersey 08053Proprietary(856) 489-4520
- Virtua Our Lady of Lourdes HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.22 miles away1600 Haddon Avenue Camden New Jersey 08103Voluntary non-profit - Private(856) 580-6330
- Cooper University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.3 miles away1 Cooper Plaza Camden New Jersey 08103Voluntary non-profit - Private(856) 342-2000
- Pennsylvania HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.12 miles away800 Spruce Street Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19107Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 829-3000
- Fkc Sewell1.02 miles away300 Medical Center Drive Suite A Sewell New Jersey 08080Dialysis Stations: 31 (856) 218-4990
- Kennedy Dialysis Center Washington Twp4.49 miles awayDialysis Unit 300 Medical Center Dr Sewell New Jersey 08080CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 31 (856) 218-4990
- Davita Renal Center of Sewell4.49 miles awayRenal Center 660 Woodbury-Glassboro Rd, Suite 29 Sewell New Jersey 08080Dialysis Stations: 21 (856) 464-1172
- Fmc Winslow4.68 miles away510 Williamstown Rd Unit 2a Sicklerville New Jersey 08081CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (856) 728-2811
- Fresenius Medical Care Deptford LLC6.03 miles away1689 Delsea Drive West Deptford New Jersey 08096Dialysis Stations: 19 (856) 468-5049
- Fkc Liberty Berlin Dc7.98 miles away30 Tansboro Road Berlin New Jersey 08009CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (856) 809-0036
- Fkc Liberty Runnemede8.31 miles away170 Ninth Avenue Unit B Runnemede New Jersey 08078Dialysis Stations: 18 (856) 312-0101
- Fmc Woodbury Dialysis Ctr8.33 miles away571 North Evergreen Ave West Deptford New Jersey 08096CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (856) 853-8735