Jefferson Health Care Center is a facility located in Sewell, New Jersey, which has a total of 37,433 people. This nursing home proved to be an A+ facility, which is the most impressive score we offer. We were impressed enough to rate this nursing home as one of the 50 best facilities in New Jersey. As you will find below, this facility performed just as well in our category scores. We give this place two thumbs up!
Jefferson Health Care Center
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Bariatric Care
- Oncology Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
In addition to receiving a great overall grade, this facility also received an A+ long-term care grade. Long-term care grades in this range generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine medical care. In addition to considering the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility vaccinated 96.666664 percent of its patients, which is more than most nursing homes. Lastly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
In addition, this facility received high marks in the area of nursing. As a result, it received one of our highest grades in that category with a score of A+. Nursing scores are largely tied to the facility's nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well in terms of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Jefferson Health Care Center?
Short-term Care Quality
Building on its strong assessment, this nursing home also received a dominant short-term care score, with a score of A. Our short-term care grades are thought to be more critical for individuals requiring rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation generally utilizes higher levels of highly-skilled nursing services. This includes not just nursing services, but also physical and occupational therapy, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 5.9 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Adding to its impressive category grades, this facility also excelled in the area of inspections, where it received an A-. This finished off a straight A report card for this facility. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in computing these inspection scores. One key factor is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some of these are quite insignificant. While this facility had some deficiencies on its report, none were severe based on CMS' scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Jefferson Health Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Jefferson Health Care Center, 9.28% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic gauges the percentage of long-term residents that suffered from pressure ulcers. We have found that pressure ulcers are a reliable barometer of quality of care.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Jefferson Health Care Center, 2.53% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic measures the percent of long-term residents who had a fall which caused serious injury. We use this statistic in determining nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Jefferson Health Care Center, 1.65% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients that have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely linked to a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this statistic may also be skewed for certain nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Jefferson Health Care Center, 10.6% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. These drugs are used to treat several medical conditions, such as cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Jefferson Health Care Center, 17.42% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric is an indication of the percent of long-term residents who are prescribed antianxiety medication. These drugs are prescribed to residents suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Jefferson Health Care Center, 5.95% of Patients
This is the percent of patients who are demonstrating signs of depression. High levels of depression may indicate worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Jefferson Health Care Center, 91.97% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Jefferson Health Care Center, 10.68% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of patients who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's may indicate deterioration of a resident's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Jefferson Health Care Center, 12.9% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of patients who retained mobility levels over time. Retaining mobility can be a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Jefferson Health Care Center, 1.68 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint measures the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Jefferson Health Care Center, 12.9 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term resident care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Jefferson Health Care Center, 8.37 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Jefferson Health Care Center, 80.92% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of short-term stay residents that experienced functional improvements.
- Jefferson Stratford HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.06 miles away18 East Laurel Road Stratford New Jersey 08084Voluntary non-profit - Private(856) 346-7802
- Inspira Medical Center WoodburyAcute Care Hospitals 8.45 miles away509 N Broad St West Deptford New Jersey 08096Voluntary non-profit - Private(856) 845-0100
- Virtua West Jersey Hospitals VoorheesAcute Care Hospitals 10.39 miles away100 Bowman Drive Voorhees New Jersey 08043Voluntary non-profit - Private(856) 247-3000
- Inspira Medical Center ElmerAcute Care Hospitals 12.16 miles away501 West Front Street Elmer New Jersey 08318Voluntary non-profit - Private(856) 363-1000
- Weisman Childrens Rehabilitation HospitalChildrens 12.71 miles away92 Brick Road, 3rd Floor Marlton New Jersey 08053Proprietary(856) 489-4520
- Virtua Our Lady of Lourdes HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.22 miles away1600 Haddon Avenue Camden New Jersey 08103Voluntary non-profit - Private(856) 580-6330
- Cooper University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.3 miles away1 Cooper Plaza Camden New Jersey 08103Voluntary non-profit - Private(856) 342-2000
- Pennsylvania HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.12 miles away800 Spruce Street Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19107Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 829-3000
- Fkc Sewell1.02 miles away300 Medical Center Drive Suite A Sewell New Jersey 08080Dialysis Stations: 31 (856) 218-4990
- Kennedy Dialysis Center Washington Twp4.49 miles awayDialysis Unit 300 Medical Center Dr Sewell New Jersey 08080CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 31 (856) 218-4990
- Davita Renal Center of Sewell4.49 miles awayRenal Center 660 Woodbury-Glassboro Rd, Suite 29 Sewell New Jersey 08080Dialysis Stations: 21 (856) 464-1172
- Fmc Winslow4.68 miles away510 Williamstown Rd Unit 2a Sicklerville New Jersey 08081CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (856) 728-2811
- Fresenius Medical Care Deptford LLC6.03 miles away1689 Delsea Drive West Deptford New Jersey 08096Dialysis Stations: 19 (856) 468-5049
- Fkc Liberty Berlin Dc7.98 miles away30 Tansboro Road Berlin New Jersey 08009CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (856) 809-0036
- Fkc Liberty Runnemede8.31 miles away170 Ninth Avenue Unit B Runnemede New Jersey 08078Dialysis Stations: 18 (856) 312-0101
- Fmc Woodbury Dialysis Ctr8.33 miles away571 North Evergreen Ave West Deptford New Jersey 08096CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (856) 853-8735