Jeanne Jugan Residence is in the densely populated metropolitan area of Washington, District of Columbia. With an overall score of A+, this nursing home is clearly a world class nursing home. This is just about as good of a nursing home as you're going to find. If you look further down this page, you will see this place's category grades, which look to be just as strong as its overall grade.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Jeanne Jugan Residence
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Washington senior living options.Get Pricing
- No Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Best Nursing Home in District of Columbia Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Washington, District of Columbia Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in District of Columbia Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in District of Columbia Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being an elite nursing home overall, this facility performed well in our inspections category, where it received a grade of A+. Very few facilities performed this well in this area. Our inspection scores are based on many pieces of information found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities that excel in this category tend to have very few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. This nursing home was assessed 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were considered to be severe. This tells you that the government inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies to be an immediate threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
We also awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for its nursing grade. Our nursing grade is primarily based on a nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well in the area of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Jeanne Jugan Residence?
Long-term Care Quality
The third category we analyzed was long-term care. Adding to its impressive profile, this facility also excelled in this area. In fact, we awarded it a grade of of A in that category. When nursing homes receive this kind of grade in this category it is usually a good sign for patient care and suggests that the nursing home is well-staffed with nurses and aids. In addition to looking at the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home administered the vaccine to 100 percent of its residents. Vaccines are vital to keeping patients healthy. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Short-term Care Quality
In our last area, this facility also was given an excellent short-term care score, with an A. This finished off an elite report card. In forming our short-term care ratings, we assess the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, speech therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. The objective is to devise a tool for sizing up the rehabilitation services of nursing homes. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Jeanne Jugan Residence Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Jeanne Jugan Residence, 10.51% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic is is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients who are suffering from pressure ulcers. We find that pressure ulcers are a reliable indicator of the quality of nursing care a nursing home provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Jeanne Jugan Residence, 1.38% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients who suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to serious injuries are considered by many experts to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. Falls are routinely the result of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Jeanne Jugan Residence, 1.7% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term patients who have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's may be an indicator of a facility with lower levels of hygiene. However, this metric may also be skewed for certain facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Jeanne Jugan Residence, 9.77% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were given antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many patients, it is important to make sure these medications are being used appropriately. In some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Jeanne Jugan Residence, 12.15% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure gauges the percentage of long-term residents that were administered antianxiety medication. These medications are prescribed to patients suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Jeanne Jugan Residence, 0.27% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who are showing symptoms of depression. Higher rates of depression could indicate lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Jeanne Jugan Residence, 95.76% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents that received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Jeanne Jugan Residence, 16.44% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Jeanne Jugan Residence, 19.17% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of residents that maintained mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is often a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Jeanne Jugan Residence, 0.96 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. Staying out of the hospital is key to preserving the physical well-being of nursing home patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Jeanne Jugan Residence, 19.17 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Scores for Washington, DC
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Washington, District of Columbia has 8 other nursing homes
- Medstar Washington Hospital CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.82 miles away110 Irving St Nw Washington District of Columbia 20010Voluntary non-profit - Other(202) 877-7000
- Children's Hospital NmcChildrens 1.03 miles away111 Michigan Ave, Nw Washington District of Columbia 20010Voluntary non-profit - Private(202) 476-5000
- Howard University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.81 miles away2041 Georgia Ave Nw Washington District of Columbia 20060Voluntary non-profit - Other(202) 745-6100
- George Washington Univ HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.65 miles away900 23rd St Nw Washington District of Columbia 20037Proprietary(202) 716-4605
- Medstar Georgetown University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.26 miles away3800 Reservoir Rd Washington District of Columbia 20007Voluntary non-profit - Private(202) 784-3000
- Umd Prince George's Hospital CtrAcute Care Hospitals 4.28 miles away3001 Hospital Drive Hyattsville Maryland 20785Voluntary non-profit - Private(301) 618-2000
- Holy Cross HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.65 miles away1500 Forest Glen Road Silver Spring Maryland 20910Voluntary non-profit - Church(301) 754-7000
- Sibley Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.74 miles away5255 Loughboro Rd Nw Washington District of Columbia 20016Voluntary non-profit - Other(202) 537-4680
- Bma - Northeast Washington0.54 miles away817 Varnum St Ne Washington District of Columbia 20017CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (202) 832-4481
- Bma - Columbia Heights0.85 miles away106 Irving St Nw Ste 1400 Washington District of Columbia 20010CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 35 (202) 829-0060
- International Dialysis Center LLC1.37 miles away1730 Hamlin St Ne Washington District of Columbia 20018Dialysis Stations: 15 (202) 525-5415
- Davita - Brentwood1.4 miles away1231 Brentwood Rd Ne Washington District of Columbia 20018CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (202) 636-3711
- Childrens National Medical Center1.53 miles awayChildrens Hosp Dialysis Unit Rm 3130 111 Michigan Ave Nw Washington District of Columbia 20010Dialysis Stations: 6 (202) 476-5148
- Us Renal Care - Hyattsville1.61 miles away4920 Lasalle Rd Hyattsville Maryland 20782Dialysis Stations: 24 (301) 277-0490
- Howard University Dialysis Center, LLC1.63 miles away2041 Georgia Ave Nw Tower Building Suite 1119b Washington District of Columbia 20060CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (202) 865-7365
- Davita Washington Center for Aging1.63 miles away2601 18th Street Ne, a Wing Basement Washington District of Columbia 20018Dialysis Stations: 9 (202) 636-7212