Jeanne Jugan Residence is a facility located in Pawtucket, Rhode Island, which has a population of 71,377 people. This turns out to be an A rated facility, which is one of the top ratings that we offer. You really can not do any better than this place. Scroll down to find this nursing home's category ratings, which are also quite good. It is hard to find any major flaws in this facility's profile.
Jeanne Jugan Residence
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a great overall grade, this facility also received A+ health inspections in recent years. Its inspections were virtually flawless. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in computing our inspection grades. One of those factors is health deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of deficiencies is usually more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some deficiencies can be relatively insignificant. This particular nursing home received 3 deficiencies on its inspection report. Overall, this is still a good inspection report, but we'd always recommend looking into any deficiencies you find troubling.
This nursing home also received a very impressive nursing grade. In fact, this turned out to be its second best category grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of A. Our nursing rating is mostly tied to the nursing home's nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place Rhode Island in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can typically be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as by having a system of moving a resident more often.
Does this page answer your questions about Jeanne Jugan Residence?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home received a favorable short-term care grade as well. We gave it one of our higher grades in that area with a score of B+. Our short-term care grades are based in part on a facility's quantity of highly-skilled nursing services. This includes a broad spectrum of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, not to mention other types of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final statistic we assessed in this area is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
In the final category, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for our long-term care grade. This wrapped up a first-rate profile. For prospective patients looking for a permanent place to live rather than rehabilitation, long-term care is an important category. On top of considering the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility administered the vaccine to 84.26967 percent of its residents. This is slightly less than we were hoping for but still a reasonably acceptable percentage. While its vaccination rate was a bit lower than we hoped for, we were pleased to find nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Jeanne Jugan Residence Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Jeanne Jugan Residence, 7.54% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure is is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who developed new or worsened pressure ulcers. We have found that pressure ulcers are a reliable indicator of a facility's nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Jeanne Jugan Residence, 3.81% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents who have had a major fall. Falls leading to severe injuries are considered to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care . Major falls which result in injury are routinely caused by lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Jeanne Jugan Residence, 2.72% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a barometer of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often caused by poor nursing care. Nevertheless, this statistic could be misleading for certain nursing homes due to different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Jeanne Jugan Residence, 17.75% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure tells you the percentage of long-term stay residents which are administered antipsychotic medication. Excessive reliance on these medications may mean that a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior in situations where such medications are not medically indicated. Nevertheless, some facilities need to rely on these medications due to having more residents with Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Jeanne Jugan Residence, 15.06% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients that are given antianxiety medication. These drugs are given to patients experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Jeanne Jugan Residence, 2.96% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Jeanne Jugan Residence, 94.59% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term stay patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Jeanne Jugan Residence, 17.47% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Jeanne Jugan Residence, 23.44% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents who retained mobility levels.
In Jeanne Jugan Residence, 1.17 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. Minimizing hospitalizations is critical to preserving the physical health of residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Jeanne Jugan Residence, 23.44 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
- The Miriam HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.95 miles away164 Summit Avenue Providence Rhode Island 02906Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 793-2500
- Roger Williams Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.86 miles away825 Chalkstone Avenue Providence Rhode Island 02908Proprietary(401) 456-2025
- Our Lady of Fatima HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.09 miles away200 High Service Avenue Providence Rhode Island 02904Proprietary(401) 456-3000
- Rhode Island HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.76 miles away593 Eddy Street Providence Rhode Island 02903Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 444-4000
- Women & Infants Hospital of Rhode IslandAcute Care Hospitals 3.92 miles away101 Dudley Street Providence Rhode Island 02905Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 274-1100
- Emma Pendleton Bradley HospitalPsychiatric 5.33 miles away1011 Veterans Memorial Parkway Riverside Rhode Island 02915Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 432-1000
- Sturdy Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.39 miles away211 Park Street Attleboro Massachusetts 02703Voluntary non-profit - Other(508) 222-5200
- Landmark Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.89 miles away115 Cass Avenue Woonsocket Rhode Island 02895Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 769-4100
- Nna - Pawtucket1.07 miles away79 Division Street Pawtucket Rhode Island 02860CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (401) 723-9995
- Nna of Providence1.71 miles away125 Corliss Street Providence Rhode Island 02904CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (401) 521-9300
- Dialysis Center of Pawtucket1.89 miles away201 Armistice Boulevard Pawtucket Rhode Island 02860CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (401) 722-3313
- Davita North Providence Renal Center2.62 miles away1635 Mineral Spring Ave. Providence Rhode Island 02904Dialysis Stations: 18 (401) 354-5340
- The Dialysis Center of Rhode Island Hospital3.7 miles away22 Baker Street Providence Rhode Island 02905Dialysis Stations: 18 (401) 444-4440
- Dialysis Center of East Providence4.19 miles away318 Waterman Avenue East Providence Rhode Island 02914CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (401) 435-5200
- Dialysis Center of Rhode Island Hospital4.21 miles away950 Warren Avenue Suite 101 East Providence Rhode Island 02914Dialysis Stations: 12 (401) 606-1002
- Dialysis Center of Providence4.22 miles away9 Plenty Street Providence Rhode Island 02907Dialysis Stations: 21 (401) 273-4898