Jeanne Jugan Residence is a facility located in Pawtucket, Rhode Island, which has a population of 71,377 people. This turns out to be an A rated facility, which is one of the top ratings that we offer. You really can not do any better than this place. Scroll down to find this nursing home's category ratings, which are also quite good. It is hard to find any major flaws in this facility's profile.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Jeanne Jugan Residence
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
964 Main Street,
Pawtucket RI 02860
75.71% estimated occupancy 1
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Best Nursing Home in Rhode Island Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Pawtucket, Rhode Island Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Rhode Island Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Pawtucket, Rhode Island Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Rhode Island Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Pawtucket, Rhode Island Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a great overall grade, this facility also received A+ health inspections in recent years. Its inspections were virtually flawless. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in computing our inspection grades. One of those factors is health deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of deficiencies is usually more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some deficiencies can be relatively insignificant. This particular nursing home received 3 deficiencies on its inspection report. Overall, this is still a good inspection report, but we'd always recommend looking into any deficiencies you find troubling.
This nursing home also received a very impressive nursing grade. In fact, this turned out to be its second best category grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of A. Our nursing rating is mostly tied to the nursing home's nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place Rhode Island in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can typically be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as by having a system of moving a resident more often.
Does this page answer your questions about Jeanne Jugan Residence?
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on our third area, this nursing home was awarded first-rate long-term care grade. In fact, it received a score of A- in that category. When facilities receive a score in this range in long-term care it generally means it's well-staffed and is a quality place to reside on a permanent basis. One of the datapoints we considered after nursing hours was vaccines. This facility provided the pneumonia vaccination to 100 percent of its patients. Vaccination is a proven method to avoid unnecessary deaths for the nursing home population. Lastly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Short-term Care Quality
In the final area, we gave this nursing home a grade of A+ for its short-term care rating. This wrapped up a very impressive profile. Our short-term care scores are vital for patients requiring rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually mandates higher levels of skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes a wide spectrum of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. However, based on the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we considered the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Jeanne Jugan Residence Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Jeanne Jugan Residence, 7.72% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be an indicator of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are often the result of patients staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Jeanne Jugan Residence, 4.42% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint tells you the percentage of long-term stay patients who had falls which caused serious injury. This is one of the statistics we use in computing our nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Jeanne Jugan Residence, 2.86% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents that sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are routinely caused by nursing homes with worse hygiene protocols. More frequent bathing limits the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. Note that this metric is affected by by the fact that nursing homes have incongruent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Jeanne Jugan Residence, 19.59% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These drugs may be used to treat a variety of medical conditions, such as dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Jeanne Jugan Residence, 15.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Jeanne Jugan Residence, 2.02% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term care residents showing signs of depression. Some argue this is a reasonable measure of resident quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Jeanne Jugan Residence, 93.99% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term patients who have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home residents, making these types of vaccines critical to patient well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Jeanne Jugan Residence, 16.08% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Jeanne Jugan Residence, 17.13% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who retained mobility levels. Many in the industry believe that the ability to move around is important for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Jeanne Jugan Residence, 17.13 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
- The Miriam HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.95 miles away164 Summit Avenue Providence Rhode Island 02906Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 793-2500
- Roger Williams Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.86 miles away825 Chalkstone Avenue Providence Rhode Island 02908Proprietary(401) 456-2025
- Our Lady of Fatima HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.09 miles away200 High Service Avenue Providence Rhode Island 02904Proprietary(401) 456-3000
- Rhode Island HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.76 miles away593 Eddy Street Providence Rhode Island 02903Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 444-4000
- Women & Infants Hospital of Rhode IslandAcute Care Hospitals 3.92 miles away101 Dudley Street Providence Rhode Island 02905Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 274-1100
- Emma Pendleton Bradley HospitalPsychiatric 5.33 miles away1011 Veterans Memorial Parkway Riverside Rhode Island 02915Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 432-1000
- Sturdy Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.39 miles away211 Park Street Attleboro Massachusetts 02703Voluntary non-profit - Other(508) 222-5200
- Landmark Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.89 miles away115 Cass Avenue Woonsocket Rhode Island 02895Voluntary non-profit - Private(401) 769-4100
- Nna - Pawtucket1.07 miles away79 Division Street Pawtucket Rhode Island 02860CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (401) 723-9995
- Nna of Providence1.71 miles away125 Corliss Street Providence Rhode Island 02904CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (401) 521-9300
- Dialysis Center of Pawtucket1.89 miles away201 Armistice Boulevard Pawtucket Rhode Island 02860CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (401) 722-3313
- Davita North Providence Renal Center2.62 miles away1635 Mineral Spring Ave. Providence Rhode Island 02904Dialysis Stations: 18 (401) 354-5340
- The Dialysis Center of Rhode Island Hospital3.7 miles away22 Baker Street Providence Rhode Island 02905Dialysis Stations: 18 (401) 444-4440
- Dialysis Center of East Providence4.19 miles away318 Waterman Avenue East Providence Rhode Island 02914CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (401) 435-5200
- Dialysis Center of Rhode Island Hospital4.21 miles away950 Warren Avenue Suite 101 East Providence Rhode Island 02914Dialysis Stations: 12 (401) 606-1002
- Dialysis Center of Providence4.22 miles away9 Plenty Street Providence Rhode Island 02907Dialysis Stations: 21 (401) 273-4898