Jeanne Jugan Center is located in Kansas City, Missouri. This city is among the largest metropolitan areas in the country with has a total of 545,147 people. This is a great nursing home. We awarded this it an overall grade of B+, which is a well above average score. This facility truly has plenty working in its favor. One of the highlights of this facility's profile is its impressive long-term care score, which we will address in the next section.
Jeanne Jugan Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- No Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
In addition to receiving a great overall grade, this facility also received an A+ long-term care grade. If you are seeking anything other than short-term rehabilitation, you should take a close look at long-term care scores. After we finished assessing the quantity of nursing care, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination records. This nursing home vaccinated 91.89189 percent of its patients against pneumonia. Finally, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.03 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Short-term Care Quality
Another one of this nursing home's quality category scores came in the category of short-term care. We awarded them one of our higher grades in that area, with a grade of B+. In the category of short-term care, we strive to qualify measures of a nursing home's rehabilitation. We look at a nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as the ones performed by registered nurses and various therapists. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final datapoint we looked at in this area is the percentage of residents that returned home from the nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Jeanne Jugan Center?
In addition, this nursing home also performed well in our inspection category, which is based on the nursing home's recent government inspection reports. We gave it an impressive grade of B+ for that category, which is among our best grades. These inspection scores weigh several factors, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these issues by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This nursing home received 6 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none of the deficiencies were considered to be major deficiencies. This tells you that CMS didn't consider any of these deficiencies to cause an immediate threat to resident health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
The final category we graded was nursing, where this nursing home was given a B. This facility didn't prove to have any real weak links. Our nursing score weighs quite a few subcategories, most of which are based on nursing hours. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can typically be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Jeanne Jugan Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Jeanne Jugan Center, 9.28% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage due to remaining in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Jeanne Jugan Center, 3.89% of Patients had Serious Falls
This measures the percentage of long-term residents that have had falls which resulted in major injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries may be an indication of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Jeanne Jugan Center, 3.39% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections may be associated with insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Jeanne Jugan Center, 20.47% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients who were given antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many residents, it is important to ensure these medications are being used appropriately. In limited cases, increased usage of these drugs may mean that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Jeanne Jugan Center, 24.32% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic is an indication of the percentage of long-term stay patients that were prescribed antianxiety medication. These medications are commonly used to treat residents experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Jeanne Jugan Center, 4.19% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents exhibiting signs of depression. Higher rates of depression could be an indicator lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Jeanne Jugan Center, 88.53% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term stay residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Jeanne Jugan Center, 14.79% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Jeanne Jugan Center, 14.68% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of patients that maintained mobility over time. Retaining mobility can be a great sign for residents' health.
In Jeanne Jugan Center, 1.7 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Jeanne Jugan Center, 14.68 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Kansas City, MO
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Kansas City, Missouri has 28 other nursing homes
- Research Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.51 miles away2316 E Meyer Blvd Kansas City Missouri 64132Proprietary(816) 276-4000
- Truman Medical Center LakewoodAcute Care Hospitals 5.56 miles away7900 Lee's Summit Rd Kansas City Missouri 64139Voluntary non-profit - Private(816) 404-7000
- St Joseph Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.41 miles away1000 Carondelet Dr Kansas City Missouri 64114Proprietary(816) 942-4400
- Saint Luke's East HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.42 miles away100 N E Saint Luke's Boulevard Lees Summit Missouri 64086Voluntary non-profit - Private(816) 347-5000
- St Lukes Hospital of Kansas CityAcute Care Hospitals 7.58 miles away4401 Wornall Road Kansas City Missouri 64111Voluntary non-profit - Private(816) 932-2000
- University of Kansas HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.72 miles away4000 Cambridge Street Kansas City Kansas 66160Government - Hospital District or Authority(913) 588-7332
- Childrens Mercy HospitalChildrens 9.26 miles away2401 Gillham Road Kansas City Missouri 64108Voluntary non-profit - Private(816) 234-3000
- Menorah Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.27 miles away5721 West 119th Street Leawood Kansas 66209Voluntary non-profit - Other(913) 498-6773
- Davita Blue Ridge Dialysis3.06 miles away8608 E 63rd St Kansas City Missouri 64133Dialysis Stations: 20 (816) 353-6100
- Fmc Dialysis Services of Raytown3.87 miles away11503 E 63rd St Kansas City Missouri 64133Dialysis Stations: 24 (816) 353-3080
- Kansas City Dialysis & Transplant Center4.52 miles away2340 E Meyer Blvd Building 1, Suite #100 Kansas City Missouri 64132CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 33 (816) 444-2098
- Dialysis Clinics, Inc - Swope Parkway4.62 miles away6530 Troost Ave Kansas City Missouri 64131Dialysis Stations: 24 (816) 363-8228
- Dialysis Clinics, Inc - Baptist4.62 miles away6530 Troost Ave Kansas City Missouri 64131CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (816) 363-8228
- Swope Dialysis5.13 miles away4407 East 50th Terrace Kansas City Missouri 64130CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (816) 924-1201
- Dialysis Clinics, Inc - Saint Joseph6.06 miles away650 Carondelet Dr Kansas City Missouri 64114CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 38 (816) 941-0595
- Dialysis Clinics, Inc - State Line Dialysis6.16 miles away621 Carondelet Dr Kansas City Missouri 64114Dialysis Stations: 8 (816) 942-3650