Jamestowne Inpatient & Outpatient Therapy is a small non-profit nursing home in Hamilton, Ohio. Sporting an overall score of A, this is undoubtedly a top-shelf nursing home. Even in a city with 11 nursing homes, this facility looks like a great option. Headlining this nursing home's stellar report card is its inspection score, which you can find in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Jamestowne Inpatient & Outpatient Therapy
- Nursing Home
- Home Health Agency
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Hamilton senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Meal Delivery
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Lymphedema Care
- Aquatic Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
We also wanted to point out the fact that this facility earned near flawless health inspections recently. We gave them an impressive grade of A+ in this area. These inspection scores weigh several factors, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these issues by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility also was awarded an A+ short-term care grade, rendering it one of the few nursing homes to receive multiple A+ category grades. Our short-term care ratings are thought to be most critical for people in need of rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation generally mandates more highly-skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes not just nursing services, but also physical and occupational therapy, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final metric we considered in this area is the number of patients who were able to leave the facility and return home. We discovered that 6.3 percent of this nursing home's residents were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Jamestowne Inpatient & Outpatient Therapy?
Among its many impressive grades, this facility received an excellent nursing grade. In fact, we gave it a grade of A in that category. Nursing scores are based in large part on levels of nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can often be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as employing a system of turning residents more often.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we analyzed was long-term care. We gave this facility a solid grade in that area, with a grade of B-. While this wasn't on par with many of this nursing home's other grades, it is still not a poor grade. In the area of long-term care, we focus more on the amount of services provided by a facility, rather than more healthcare-oriented services. One of the data points we considered after nurse's aid hours was vaccines. It does not appear that this facility provided information on its vaccination levels. Lastly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Jamestowne Inpatient & Outpatient Therapy Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Jamestowne Inpatient & Outpatient Therapy, 13.18% of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Jamestowne Inpatient & Outpatient Therapy, 80.73% of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term care patients that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Hamilton, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Hamilton, Ohio has 10 other nursing homes
- Fort Hamilton Hughes Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.06 miles away630 Eaton Avenue Hamilton Ohio 45013Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 867-2000
- Mercy Health - Fairfield HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.56 miles away3000 Mack Road Fairfield Ohio 45014Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 870-7197
- Mccullough-Hyde Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.05 miles away110 North Poplar Street Oxford Ohio 45056Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 524-5640
- West Chester Hospital, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 12.7 miles away7700 University Drive West Chester Ohio 45069Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 298-7700
- Assurance Health Cincinnati LLCPsychiatric 15.32 miles away11690 Grooms Road Cincinnati Ohio 45242Proprietary(513) 519-4947
- Mercy Health - West HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.7 miles away3300 Mercy Health Blvd Cincinnati Ohio 45211Voluntary non-profit - Private(513) 215-5000
- Bethesda NorthAcute Care Hospitals 17.59 miles away10500 Montgomery Road Cincinnati Ohio 45242Voluntary non-profit - Church(513) 865-1241
- Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.8 miles away375 Dixmyth Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45220Voluntary non-profit - Church(513) 862-2646
- Fresenius Medical Care Butler County, LLC0.34 miles away890 Nw Washington Boulevard Hamilton Ohio 45013Dialysis Stations: 13 (513) 737-1415
- Bullock Dialysis LLC0.67 miles away1532 Main Street, Suite B Hamilton Ohio 45013Dialysis Stations: 4 (513) 737-0158
- Davita - West Hamilton Dialysis1.44 miles away1532 Main Street Hamilton Ohio 45013Dialysis Stations: 17 (513) 737-0158
- Fmc - Butler County LLC2.23 miles away3090 Mcbride Court, Ste. A Hamilton Ohio 45011Dialysis Stations: 20 (513) 895-7300
- Fmc - Butler County LLC5.8 miles away4750 Dixie Hwy Fairfield Ohio 45014CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (513) 863-6882
- Davita - Fairfield Dialysis5.86 miles away1210 Hicks Blvd Fairfield Ohio 45014Dialysis Stations: 14 (513) 939-1110
- Davita - Ross Dialysis6.26 miles awayOne Lane Place 3825 Kraus Land Suite S Fairfield Ohio 45014Dialysis Stations: 13 (513) 738-0276
- Dci - Forest Park9.63 miles away1075 Kemper Meadow Dr Cincinnati Ohio 45240Dialysis Stations: 15 (513) 522-6200