Jamaica Hospital Nursing Home Co is a facility located in Richmond Hill, New York. The city has 36,256 people. With an A- overall grade, we ranked this nursing home in the top quarter of all nursing homes in the nation. Based on our analysis, this nursing home is just about as as good as it gets. This nursing home's impressive report card was highlighted by its inspection reports, which is addressed in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Jamaica Hospital Nursing Home Co
- Nursing Home
- Home Health Agency
- Assisted Living
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Richmond Hill senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Meal Delivery
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
We also wanted to emphasize that this nursing home has received near flawless inspections in recent years. We awarded them an impressive grade of A+ in this category. These inspection grades weigh several factors, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can learn more about each of these factors by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
Adding to its strong assessments in other areas, we gave this facility a score of A- for our short-term care rating. In the category of short-term care, we try to evaluate measures of a facility's rehabilitation. We analyze a nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses and physical and occupational therapists. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the number of patients who were able to return home from this facility. We found that 5.4 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Jamaica Hospital Nursing Home Co?
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to the next category, this nursing home also received a score of B+ for its long-term care rating. This is a well above average grade in this area. Nursing homes that receive this kind of score in this category tend to provide consistent around the clock care to make sure residents are kept in good health. After looking at the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination records. This nursing home vaccinated 99.250374 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which is significantly higher than the vast majority of nursing homes. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
The next area we analyzed is nursing. This nursing home was given an impressive nursing grade this year, with a B-. Although this was not nearly as elite as many of its other grades, this is nevertheless a decent rating in that category. Our nursing score analyzes a handful of data points, however, the primary consideration is the number of nurse hours spent with patients. This place averages just 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient on a daily basis, which is not an impressive total. Lastly, despite not having the most impressive total nursing hours, this nursing home actually performed admirably in the area of preventing major falls. This is generally an indicator that a nursing home has sufficient quality controls in place.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Jamaica Hospital Nursing Home Co Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Jamaica Hospital Nursing Home Co, 8.03% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of residents who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage due to remaining in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Jamaica Hospital Nursing Home Co, 1.8% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents that have had a major fall. Falls leading to major injury are considered to be a measure of nursing care . Major falls are often caused by lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Jamaica Hospital Nursing Home Co, 4.53% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic tells you the percent of long-term stay patients who experienced a UTI. Although more infections could reflect poorly on a facility's nursing care, it is problematic to compare between nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Jamaica Hospital Nursing Home Co, 4.75% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure gauges the percentage of long-term residents which are given antipsychotic medication. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior in scenarios where such drugs are not medically indicated. Nevertheless, some facilities may need to rely on these drugs due to an increased number of residents with dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Jamaica Hospital Nursing Home Co, 1.83% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of residents who were given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are given to patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Jamaica Hospital Nursing Home Co, 1.71% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term patients who are showing signs of depression. Many believe this is a measure of quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Jamaica Hospital Nursing Home Co, 99.49% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Jamaica Hospital Nursing Home Co, 5.99% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living may indicate decline of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Jamaica Hospital Nursing Home Co, 8.12% of Residents
Measures the percentage of long-term care patients that maintained mobility. Many in the industry argue that the ability to move around is important for residents' health.
In Jamaica Hospital Nursing Home Co, 0.01 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Jamaica Hospital Nursing Home Co, 8.12% of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Jamaica Hospital Nursing Home Co, 5.81% of Patients
This metric measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Jamaica Hospital Nursing Home Co, 94.99% of Resident
This is the percent of short-term care residents who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of performance with activities of daily living generally correlates with better rehabilitation.
- Jamaica Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.12 miles away89th Avenue and Van Wyck Expressway Richmond Hill New York 11418Voluntary non-profit - Private(718) 262-6000
- Queens Hospital CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.39 miles away82-68 164th Street Jamaica New York 11432Government - Local(718) 883-3000
- Flushing Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.9 miles away45th Avenue and Parsons Boulevard Flushing New York 11355Voluntary non-profit - Private(718) 670-5000
- Elmhurst Hospital CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.7 miles away79-01 Broadway Elmhurst New York 11373Government - Local(718) 334-1141
- Creedmoor Psychiatric CenterPsychiatric 5.16 miles away80-45 Winchester Blvd Bldg B Queens Village New York 11427Government - State(718) 264-4000
- Wyckoff Heights Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.24 miles away374 Stockholm Street Brooklyn New York 11237Voluntary non-profit - Private(718) 963-7272
- Brookdale Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.95 miles away1 Brookdale Plaza Brooklyn New York 11212Voluntary non-profit - Private(718) 240-5966
- Woodhull Medical & Mental Health CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.47 miles away760 Broadway Brooklyn New York 11206Government - Local(718) 963-8100
- Kew Gardens Dialysis Center0.46 miles away120-46 Queens Boulevard Kew Gardens New York 11415CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 31 (718) 793-3341
- Davita Jamaica Hillside Dialysis1.6 miles away171-19 Hillside Ave Jamaica New York 11432Dialysis Stations: 25 (718) 526-2051
- Fms-South Queens Dialysis Center1.79 miles away175-37 Liberty Avenue Jamaica New York 11433CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (718) 297-9100
- Davita Ozone Park Dialysis1.83 miles away100-02, Rockaway Blvd Ozone Park New York 11417Dialysis Stations: 25 (718) 843-0694
- Davita Queens Dialysis Center2.08 miles away118-01 Guy R. Brewer Boulevard Jamaica New York 11434CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (718) 341-6711
- Fms-St. Alban's Dialysis Center2.68 miles away172-70 Baisley Blvd Jamaica New York 11434CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (718) 949-1600
- Atlas Park Dialysis2.75 miles away8000 Cooper Ave Ridgewood New York 11385Dialysis Stations: 25 (718) 326-2789
- Vestal Healthcare LLC3.05 miles away176-35 Union Turnpike Fresh Meadows New York 11366Dialysis Stations: 1 (718) 969-3293