Jamaica Hospital Medical Center T C U is a nursing home located in Richmond Hill, New York, which has a total of 36,256 people. After receiving an A overall grade, this facility has the prestigious distinction of being one of the 100 best nursing homes in New York. This is an impressive accomplishment in a state with a long list of elite nursing homes. You simply can not do any better than this nursing home. We also gave this facility strong grades in all of the major categories we assessed. More information about these categories can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Jamaica Hospital Medical Center T C U
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
8900 Van Wyck Expressway,
Richmond Hill NY 11418
Get pricing and details on Richmond Hill senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Palliative Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Oncology Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in New York Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Richmond Hill, New York Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in New York Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Richmond Hill, New York Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Richmond Hill, New York Awards 2021
We also wanted to point out that this nursing home has received near flawless inspections recently. We gave them an A+ in this category. Inspection ratings take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these factors by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This nursing home was assessed 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were considered severe. This indicates that the government inspectors didn't consider any of these deficiencies to pose an imminent risk to resident safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
To complement its elite accomplishments in other areas, we awarded this nursing home a score of A for its short-term care score. In the area of short-term care, we strive to assess indicators of a facility's rehabilitation. We look at a facility's skilled nursing services, such as the ones performed by registered nurses and physical and occupational therapists. Unfortunately, we weren't able to find information on registered nurse or physical therapy staffing for this nursing home. Finally, we considered the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 6.5 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Jamaica Hospital Medical Center T C U?
This nursing home also received a strong nursing score. In fact, we awarded it an above average grade of B+ in this area. Our nursing rating is primarily associated with a facility's nurse staffing. This facility provided 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can generally be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
In our final area, this facility also was given an excellent long-term care grade, with a grade of B+. This finished off a very impressive profile. In a long-term care setting, the facility's primary objective is to keep patients healthy and safe. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate residents. After considering the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination records. Unfortunately, it does not appear that this facility submitted information about vaccinations. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
- Jamaica Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.08 miles away89th Avenue and Van Wyck Expressway Richmond Hill New York 11418Voluntary non-profit - Private(718) 262-6000
- Queens Hospital CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.33 miles away82-68 164th Street Jamaica New York 11432Government - Local(718) 883-3000
- Flushing Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.86 miles away45th Avenue and Parsons Boulevard Flushing New York 11355Voluntary non-profit - Private(718) 670-5000
- Elmhurst Hospital CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.71 miles away79-01 Broadway Elmhurst New York 11373Government - Local(718) 334-1141
- Creedmoor Psychiatric CenterPsychiatric 5.1 miles away80-45 Winchester Blvd Bldg B Queens Village New York 11427Government - State(718) 264-4000
- Wyckoff Heights Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.28 miles away374 Stockholm Street Brooklyn New York 11237Voluntary non-profit - Private(718) 963-7272
- Brookdale Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.02 miles away1 Brookdale Plaza Brooklyn New York 11212Voluntary non-profit - Private(718) 240-5966
- Woodhull Medical & Mental Health CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.52 miles away760 Broadway Brooklyn New York 11206Government - Local(718) 963-8100
- Kew Gardens Dialysis Center0.46 miles away120-46 Queens Boulevard Kew Gardens New York 11415CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 31 (718) 793-3341
- Davita Jamaica Hillside Dialysis1.53 miles away171-19 Hillside Ave Jamaica New York 11432Dialysis Stations: 25 (718) 526-2051
- Fms-South Queens Dialysis Center1.73 miles away175-37 Liberty Avenue Jamaica New York 11433CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (718) 297-9100
- Davita Ozone Park Dialysis1.9 miles away100-02, Rockaway Blvd Ozone Park New York 11417Dialysis Stations: 25 (718) 843-0694
- Davita Queens Dialysis Center2.06 miles away118-01 Guy R. Brewer Boulevard Jamaica New York 11434CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (718) 341-6711
- Fms-St. Alban's Dialysis Center2.66 miles away172-70 Baisley Blvd Jamaica New York 11434CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (718) 949-1600
- Atlas Park Dialysis2.78 miles away8000 Cooper Ave Ridgewood New York 11385Dialysis Stations: 25 (718) 326-2789
- Vestal Healthcare LLC2.99 miles away176-35 Union Turnpike Fresh Meadows New York 11366Dialysis Stations: 1 (718) 969-3293