Jacksonville Nursing and Rehab Center is a facility in Jacksonville, Florida which has a population of 810,498 people. With an overall score of B+, this nursing home should work for most prospective residents. This nursing home proved to be one of the better nursing homes in the city. This nursing home's impressive profile was highlighted by its inspection reports, which you can find in the next section.
Jacksonville Nursing and Rehab Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to receiving a strong overall score, this nursing home also earned an A+ inspection score. This grade is based on its recent government inspections. An A+ in this area is one of the best complements we can pay to a facility. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in computing these inspection scores. One key factor is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of these deficiencies is usually more meaningful than the number of deficiencies, as some of these are relatively insignificant. While this place had some minor dings on its government inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those found in categories G through L. This tells you the inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. We should note that deficiency-free inspections are uncommon in the industry.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home fared well in the category of long-term care. As a result, we awarded it a score of A- for that category, which happens to be one of our most elite scores. When facilities receive a score in this range in long-term care it typically means it's well-staffed and is a quality place to reside on a permanent basis. Once we assessed the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination statistics. This nursing home vaccinated 99.25187 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which is significantly higher than the average nursing home. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Jacksonville Nursing and Rehab Center?
This nursing home also received a strong nursing score. In fact, we awarded it an above average grade of B+ in this area. The nursing category weighs many components, most of which are tied to nursing hours. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can frequently be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as having a system of moving patients even once per day.
Short-term Care Quality
The last area we scored is short-term care. In that category, we awarded this facility a decent grade of B-. This ended up being this facility's least impressive area. In the area of short-term care, we try to qualify measures of a facility's rehabilitation services. We analyze a nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses and physical, occupational and other therapists. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that this facility provided information about its staffing of registered nurses or physical therapists. Finally, we considered the percentage of patients who were able to return home from this nursing home. We found that 4.9 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home. This figure was well below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Jacksonville Nursing and Rehab Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Jacksonville Nursing and Rehab Center, 9.08% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage due to staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Jacksonville Nursing and Rehab Center, 2.82% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric is an indication of the percentage of long-term patients which sustained a fall which resulted in major injury. This is one of the statistics we use in calculating our nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Jacksonville Nursing and Rehab Center, 1.81% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often caused by poor nursing care. Better nursing care minimizes the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. Note that this datapoint is affected by by the fact that nursing homes have varying reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Jacksonville Nursing and Rehab Center, 10.64% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of long-term care patients who are given antipsychotic drugs. Increased usage of these drugs may suggest a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents in scenarios where such medications aren't medically required. Nevertheless, some nursing homes need to rely on these drugs due to having more patients suffering from dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Jacksonville Nursing and Rehab Center, 21.27% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint indicates the percentage of long-term stay residents who were given antianxiety medication. These drugs are typically prescribed to residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Jacksonville Nursing and Rehab Center, 2.33% of Patients
This is the percent of residents showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Jacksonville Nursing and Rehab Center, 94.94% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay residents that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Jacksonville Nursing and Rehab Center, 13.07% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and bathing. Many argue this is a reliable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Jacksonville Nursing and Rehab Center, 16.78% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay patients who retained mobility levels.
In Jacksonville Nursing and Rehab Center, 1.76 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of care. There is usually a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Jacksonville Nursing and Rehab Center, 16.78 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Jacksonville Nursing and Rehab Center, 9.16 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between reduced emergency room visits and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Jacksonville Nursing and Rehab Center, 78.49% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percentage of short-term stay residents who experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Jacksonville, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Jacksonville, Florida has 30 other nursing homes
- Uf Health JacksonvilleAcute Care Hospitals 6.91 miles away655 W 8th St Jacksonville Florida 32209Voluntary non-profit - Private(904) 244-0411
- Baptist Medical Center JacksonvilleAcute Care Hospitals 8.86 miles away800 Prudential Dr Jacksonville Florida 32207Voluntary non-profit - Private(904) 202-2000
- Ascension St Vincent's RiversideAcute Care Hospitals 9.07 miles away1 Shircliff Way Jacksonville Florida 32204Voluntary non-profit - Private(904) 308-7300
- Memorial Hospital JacksonvilleAcute Care Hospitals 12.19 miles away3625 University Blvd S Jacksonville Florida 32216Proprietary(904) 702-6111
- Ascension St Vincent's SouthsideAcute Care Hospitals 14.75 miles away4201 Belfort Rd Jacksonville Florida 32216Voluntary non-profit - Private(904) 296-3700
- Nh JacksonvilleAcute Care - Department of Defense 15.82 miles away2080 Child Street Jacksonville Florida 32212Department of Defense(904) 542-7300
- Orange Park Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 18.95 miles away2001 Kingsley Ave Orange Park Florida 32073Voluntary non-profit - Other(904) 276-8500
- Fmc Dialysis Services - North Jacksonville1.35 miles away10614 Lem Turner Rd Jacksonville Florida 32218CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (904) 768-8576
- Dunn Avenue Dialysis2.93 miles away1215 Dunn Ave #8 Jacksonville Florida 32218Dialysis Stations: 16 (904) 757-3540
- Ara North Jacksonville3.95 miles away1725 Oakhurst Avenue Suite 100 Jacksonville Florida 32208CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (904) 766-2279
- Fmc-Trout River Dialysis4.46 miles away3107 Edgewood Ave W Jacksonville Florida 32209Dialysis Stations: 17 (904) 765-5033
- Gateway Dialysis Center5.38 miles away5258-10 Norwood Avenue Jacksonville Florida 32208CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (904) 764-6381
- Fmc - Oceanway5.59 miles away12961 North Main St Suite 305 Jacksonville Florida 32218Dialysis Stations: 12 (904) 757-7425
- Dci Jacksonville Mid-Town6.78 miles away655 West 8th Street Jacksonville Florida 32209Dialysis Stations: 40 (904) 244-6690
- Dialysis Clinic Inc7.64 miles away757 Union Street W Jacksonville Florida 32202CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (904) 354-0409