Jacksonville Nursing and Rehab Center is a facility in Jacksonville, Florida which has a population of 810,498 people. With an overall score of B+, this nursing home should work for most prospective residents. In fact, this turned out to be one of the top fifteen facilities in the city. This place's strong profile was highlighted by its inspection reports, which we will address in the next paragraph.
Jacksonville Nursing and Rehab Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for our inspections rating. Our inspection grades are based on items found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that receive favorable grades in this area typically have very few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. While this facility had some minor dings on its inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are labeled as categories G through L. This means that the government inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility fared well in the area of long-term care. As a result, we awarded it a grade of A- for that area, which turns out to be one of our most favorable grades. Nursing homes that do well in this category typically provide residents with more supervision and stay on top of routine medical care. Once we assessed the volume of care provided by nurses, we then looked at the facility's vaccination record. This facility vaccinated 99.202126 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is what we like to see. Pneumonia sadly is often a life threatening illness for nursing home residents so we like it when a facility does not leave its residents vulnerable. Lastly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Jacksonville Nursing and Rehab Center?
Adding to its profile, this facility also earned a grade of B for its nursing rating. This is a well above average score in this category. We assessed the qualifications of nurses at the nursing home, in addition to the quantity of hours those nurses spent with residents, in calculating our grade in this category. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can typically be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Short-term Care Quality
The last area we scored is short-term care, in which this facility was given a grade of C. This actually is this nursing home's weakest area. This is nevertheless not the end of the world. In the category of short-term care, we seek to qualify measures of a nursing home's rehabilitation. We analyze a facility's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses and physical and occupational therapists. It does not appear that this nursing home submitted information on registered nurse or physical therapist staffing. The final statistic we looked at in this category is the percentage of patients who ultimately were able to return home from the nursing home. We found that just 4.8 percent of this facility's residents returned home. Unfortunately, this was below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Jacksonville Nursing and Rehab Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Jacksonville Nursing and Rehab Center, 9.03% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are routinely the result of residents staying in one position for too long. Better nursing protocols can limit the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Jacksonville Nursing and Rehab Center, 2.8% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of residents who have had a major fall. Falls leading to major injury are considered to be a measure of nursing care . Falls resulting in injury are routinely caused by poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Jacksonville Nursing and Rehab Center, 1.82% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely associated with worse hygiene protocols. However, this metric may be skewed for some nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Jacksonville Nursing and Rehab Center, 10.99% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents given antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic drugs are prescribed to residents for a variety of conditions, including dementia. Unfortunately, in limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Jacksonville Nursing and Rehab Center, 21.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric is an indication of the percentage of long-term residents receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Jacksonville Nursing and Rehab Center, 2.43% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents showing symptoms of depression. Increased levels of depression could indicate a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Jacksonville Nursing and Rehab Center, 94.61% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for nursing home patients, making these vaccines indispensable.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Jacksonville Nursing and Rehab Center, 13.17% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay residents that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Jacksonville Nursing and Rehab Center, 18.15% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percent of long-term patients that retained mobility levels.
In Jacksonville Nursing and Rehab Center, 1.59 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. Staying out of the hospital is critical to maintaining the physical well-being of nursing home patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Jacksonville Nursing and Rehab Center, 18.15 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Jacksonville Nursing and Rehab Center, 9.19 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Jacksonville Nursing and Rehab Center, 77.65% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term care patients that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of autonomy with activities of daily living typically correlates with higher quality rehabilitation services.
Scores for Jacksonville, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Jacksonville, Florida has 30 other nursing homes
- Uf Health JacksonvilleAcute Care Hospitals 6.91 miles away655 W 8th St Jacksonville Florida 32209Voluntary non-profit - Private(904) 244-0411
- Baptist Medical Center JacksonvilleAcute Care Hospitals 8.86 miles away800 Prudential Dr Jacksonville Florida 32207Voluntary non-profit - Private(904) 202-2000
- Ascension St Vincent's RiversideAcute Care Hospitals 9.07 miles away1 Shircliff Way Jacksonville Florida 32204Voluntary non-profit - Private(904) 308-7300
- Memorial Hospital JacksonvilleAcute Care Hospitals 12.19 miles away3625 University Blvd S Jacksonville Florida 32216Proprietary(904) 702-6111
- Ascension St Vincent's SouthsideAcute Care Hospitals 14.75 miles away4201 Belfort Rd Jacksonville Florida 32216Voluntary non-profit - Private(904) 296-3700
- Nh JacksonvilleAcute Care - Department of Defense 15.82 miles away2080 Child Street Jacksonville Florida 32212Department of Defense(904) 542-7300
- Orange Park Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 18.95 miles away2001 Kingsley Ave Orange Park Florida 32073Voluntary non-profit - Other(904) 276-8500
- Fmc Dialysis Services - North Jacksonville1.35 miles away10614 Lem Turner Rd Jacksonville Florida 32218CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (904) 768-8576
- Dunn Avenue Dialysis2.93 miles away1215 Dunn Ave #8 Jacksonville Florida 32218Dialysis Stations: 16 (904) 757-3540
- Ara North Jacksonville3.95 miles away1725 Oakhurst Avenue Suite 100 Jacksonville Florida 32208CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (904) 766-2279
- Fmc-Trout River Dialysis4.46 miles away3107 Edgewood Ave W Jacksonville Florida 32209Dialysis Stations: 17 (904) 765-5033
- Gateway Dialysis Center5.38 miles away5258-10 Norwood Avenue Jacksonville Florida 32208CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (904) 764-6381
- Fmc - Oceanway5.59 miles away12961 North Main St Suite 305 Jacksonville Florida 32218Dialysis Stations: 12 (904) 757-7425
- Dci Jacksonville Mid-Town6.78 miles away655 West 8th Street Jacksonville Florida 32209Dialysis Stations: 40 (904) 244-6690
- Dialysis Clinic Inc7.64 miles away757 Union Street W Jacksonville Florida 32202CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (904) 354-0409