Jacaranda Manor is a nursing home located in Saint Petersburg, Florida which has a population of 341,043 people. We gave this facility an F, which is just about as bad as it gets in our grading scheme. Saint Petersburg received a more impressive city grade of B, so there are far better options in the city worth considering. We wouldn't blame you if you are ready to stop reading and find another facility. However, if you want to learn more about this nursing home's category grades, inspection grades are discussed in the next section.
Updated May 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
4250 66th St N,
Saint Petersburg FL 33709
64.94% estimated occupancy 1
Note: Jacaranda Manor has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
Registered Staff Hours
Although we gave this facility a terrible overall grade, we awarded it a grade of B- for our inspections rating. In fact, the facility received very impressive inspection report this year. Inspection scores account for several factors found on a facility's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we look at is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. While this nursing home had some deficiencies on its government inspection report, none of them were severe based on CMS' scale. Lastly, this nursing home was cited by CMS for possible abuse or neglect. This is generally a really bad sign. We would never recommend this facility.
Long-term Care Quality
We were also surprised to discover that this facility earned a reasonably solid long-term care rating in our assessment. We gave it a grade of B- in this category. Our long-term care grade focuses on a facility's personal care rather than the skilled nursing and healthcare services that are critical to a skilled nursing facility. On top of looking at the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility provided the vaccine to 96.375 percent of its patients, which is higher than the average nursing home. Lastly, we looked at the facility's number of hospitalizations. Here we found that this facility had 3.03 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. Although this figure is quite a bit higher than the national average, this number may be skewed for some facilities due to the preexisting medical conditions of patients.
Does this page answer your questions about Jacaranda Manor?
This nursing home also didn't perform terribly in the area of nursing. In fact, we awarded it a grade of C for that category, which is another one its better scores. Our nursing grade analyzes a handful of datapoints, however, the paramount one is the number of nurse hours per patient per week. This nursing home provides 4.3 hours of nursing care per resident each day. This is better than average. In determining our ratings, we add additional weight to hours performed by more highly trained nurses such as registered nurses. Lastly, our nursing grade also includes applicable quality-based measures. While this facility excelled in terms of quantity of nursing hours, it lagged a bit in certain datapoints that focused on quality. This place's nursing grade was hurt by its weak performance in the area of minimizing pressure ulcers. We found that 13.2 percent of this facility's residents suffered from pressure ulcers. Since some pressure ulcers could be avoided with good nursing protocols, we reduce a facility's nursing score when we see this kind of prevalence of pressure ulcers.
Short-term Care Quality
The last area we looked at is short-term care, where this facility received a very poor grade in this category also. It received a lowly F for this category, which is obviously a major concern. In calculating our short-term care ratings, we look at the nursing home's levels of skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists respiratory therapists and other licensed professionals. This area is typically a useful assessment of the facility's rehabilitation. Not surprisingly, we found that this nursing home provides far less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than the average facility. Finally, we assessed the percentage of patients who were able to return home from this nursing home. This facility didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 19.6 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Jacaranda Manor Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Jacaranda Manor, 9.04% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of patients who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many experts to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are often the result of patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Jacaranda Manor, 2.8% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of long-term residents which experienced a fall which caused major injury. This is one of the statistics we use in calculating our nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Jacaranda Manor, 1.81% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic is an indication of the percentage of long-term residents who suffered from urinary tract infections. While more infections may reflect poorly on a facility's hygiene protocols, it is problematic to compare different facilities due to varying reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Jacaranda Manor, 11% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents who were given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be helpful for many patients, it is important to confirm these medications are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Jacaranda Manor, 21.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are given to residents experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Jacaranda Manor, 2.43% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who are demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Jacaranda Manor, 95.03% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term residents that were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home patients, making these vaccines vital to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Jacaranda Manor, 13.16% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of patients that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Jacaranda Manor, 18.15% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of patients who maintained mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Jacaranda Manor, 1.59 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Jacaranda Manor, 18.15 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Jacaranda Manor, 9.19 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Scores for Saint Petersburg, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Saint Petersburg, Florida has 26 other nursing homes
- St Petersburg General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.31 miles away6500 38th Ave N Saint Petersburg Florida 33710Proprietary(727) 384-1414
- Northside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.09 miles away6000 49th St N Saint Petersburg Florida 33709Proprietary(813) 521-5000
- Palms of Pasadena HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.99 miles away1501 Pasadena Ave S Saint Petersburg Florida 33707Proprietary(727) 381-1000
- St Anthonys HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.16 miles away1200 Seventh Ave N Saint Petersburg Florida 33705Voluntary non-profit - Church(727) 825-1100
- Johns Hopkins All Children's HospitalChildrens 6.17 miles away501 Sixth Avenue South Saint Petersburg Florida 33701Voluntary non-profit - Other(813) 898-7451
- Bayfront Health - St PetersburgAcute Care Hospitals 6.17 miles away701 6th St S Saint Petersburg Florida 33701Voluntary non-profit - Private(727) 823-1234
- Largo Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.35 miles away201 14th St Sw Largo Florida 33770Proprietary(727) 588-5200
- Morton Plant HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.6 miles away300 Pinellas St Clearwater Florida 33756Voluntary non-profit - Private(727) 462-7000
- Pinellas West Shore Dialysis1.4 miles away3451 66th Street N Saint Petersburg Florida 33710Dialysis Stations: 12 (727) 345-8389
- Fmc - Pinellas Park3.49 miles away7910 Us Hwy 19n Pinellas Park Florida 33781CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (727) 544-5916
- Seminole Dialysis Center3.82 miles away6450 Seminole Blvd Seminole Florida 33772Dialysis Stations: 17 (727) 393-5551
- St Petersburg South Dialysis4.09 miles away2850 34th Street S Saint Petersburg Florida 33711CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (727) 864-4050
- Lake Seminole Dialysis4.17 miles away10799 Park Blvd North Seminole Florida 33772Dialysis Stations: 20 (727) 319-0180
- Fmc - South Saint Petersburg4.35 miles away650 34th St S Saint Petersburg Florida 33711Dialysis Stations: 31 (727) 321-2527
- Rai Care Centers - Largo4.91 miles away12505 Starkey Rd Suite B Largo Florida 33773Dialysis Stations: 21 (727) 531-8227
- St Petersburg Dialysis5.39 miles away1117 Arlington Ave N Saint Petersburg Florida 33705Dialysis Stations: 20 (727) 896-9029