Jacaranda Manor is located in Saint Petersburg, Florida. This city is among the most densely populated metropolitan areas in the nation with has a total of 341,043 people. With an overall rating of D, this is a subpar facility. In our view, we'd struggle to recommend this place. More information on this nursing home's category grades may be found below. Its best category is long-term care, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
4250 66th St N,
Saint Petersburg FL 33709
67.65% estimated occupancy 1
Note: Jacaranda Manor has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
Although we were not high on this facility overall, we awarded it a B- for long-term care. Our long-term care grade is used to assess a nursing home's performance as a traditional convalescent home, as opposed to focusing more on the skilled nursing services provided by a rehabilitation facility. In addition to assessing the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home provided the vaccine to 94.93827 percent of its patients. This facility also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.03 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
We awarded this nursing home a C for the category of inspections. This score is more respectable than the nursing home's overall score. These inspection ratings weigh several factors, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can learn more about each of these issues by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This facility was assessed 4 deficiencies on its government inspection report, but fortunately none were in any of the categories labeled G through L. This means that this facility dodged the more serious categories of deficiencies. Lastly, this nursing home was cited by CMS for possible abuse or neglect. This is generally a really bad sign. We would never recommend this facility.
Does this page answer your questions about Jacaranda Manor?
Short-term Care Quality
We also awarded this facility a respectable grade in the area of short-term care, with a grade of C. In computing our short-term care scores, we assess the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, speech therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. Our purpose is to create a barometer for sizing up the rehabilitation services of various nursing homes. Unfortunately, this facility was below average in terms of its quantity of physical therapy and registered nurse hours provided to its patients based on the measures we assessed. The last item we looked at in this category is the number of residents who were able to leave the facility and return home. We discovered that just 0 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home, which is below average.
The next area we graded is nursing, which was this nursing home's worst category. We awarded this nursing home a D in that category. In computing a facility's nursing score, we consider the amount of time nurses are caring for patients and the level of licensure of those nurses. This nursing home offered a meager 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident each day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing ratings. This nursing home fared well in the area of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these metrics to be measures of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Jacaranda Manor Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Jacaranda Manor, 9.08% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a barometer of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are routinely caused by residents staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Jacaranda Manor, 2.82% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric tells you the percentage of long-term stay patients who experienced falls resulting in major injury. This is one of the statistics we use in computing nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Jacaranda Manor, 1.81% of Patients had UTIs
This figure indicates the percentage of long-term residents who have had a urinary tract infection. Although a higher rate infections may reflect poorly on a nursing home's nursing care, it can be problematic to compare different nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Jacaranda Manor, 10.64% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of residents who were given antipsychotic medications. These medications are used for treating a variety of conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Jacaranda Manor, 21.27% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure is an indication of the percentage of long-term care residents receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Jacaranda Manor, 2.33% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who are demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Jacaranda Manor, 94.94% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term stay patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Jacaranda Manor, 13.07% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term patients who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and eating. Many believe this is a reasonable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Jacaranda Manor, 16.78% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of residents who were able to retain mobility over time. Preserving mobility is often a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Jacaranda Manor, 1.76 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital is important to the physical health of residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Jacaranda Manor, 16.78 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Jacaranda Manor, 9.16 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Scores for Saint Petersburg, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Saint Petersburg, Florida has 26 other nursing homes
- St Petersburg General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.31 miles away6500 38th Ave N Saint Petersburg Florida 33710Proprietary(727) 384-1414
- Northside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.09 miles away6000 49th St N Saint Petersburg Florida 33709Proprietary(813) 521-5000
- Palms of Pasadena HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.99 miles away1501 Pasadena Ave S Saint Petersburg Florida 33707Proprietary(727) 381-1000
- St Anthonys HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.16 miles away1200 Seventh Ave N Saint Petersburg Florida 33705Voluntary non-profit - Church(727) 825-1100
- Johns Hopkins All Children's HospitalChildrens 6.17 miles away501 Sixth Avenue South Saint Petersburg Florida 33701Voluntary non-profit - Other(813) 898-7451
- Bayfront Health - St PetersburgAcute Care Hospitals 6.17 miles away701 6th St S Saint Petersburg Florida 33701Voluntary non-profit - Private(727) 823-1234
- Largo Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.35 miles away201 14th St Sw Largo Florida 33770Proprietary(727) 588-5200
- Morton Plant HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.6 miles away300 Pinellas St Clearwater Florida 33756Voluntary non-profit - Private(727) 462-7000
- Pinellas West Shore Dialysis1.4 miles away3451 66th Street N Saint Petersburg Florida 33710Dialysis Stations: 12 (727) 345-8389
- Fmc - Pinellas Park3.49 miles away7910 Us Hwy 19n Pinellas Park Florida 33781CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (727) 544-5916
- Seminole Dialysis Center3.82 miles away6450 Seminole Blvd Seminole Florida 33772Dialysis Stations: 17 (727) 393-5551
- St Petersburg South Dialysis4.09 miles away2850 34th Street S Saint Petersburg Florida 33711CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (727) 864-4050
- Lake Seminole Dialysis4.17 miles away10799 Park Blvd North Seminole Florida 33772Dialysis Stations: 20 (727) 319-0180
- Fmc - South Saint Petersburg4.35 miles away650 34th St S Saint Petersburg Florida 33711Dialysis Stations: 31 (727) 321-2527
- Rai Care Centers - Largo4.91 miles away12505 Starkey Rd Suite B Largo Florida 33773Dialysis Stations: 21 (727) 531-8227
- St Petersburg Dialysis5.39 miles away1117 Arlington Ave N Saint Petersburg Florida 33705Dialysis Stations: 20 (727) 896-9029