Iredell Memorial Hospital is one of only three facilities in stateville, North Carolina. This facility made our top 500 list of the top facilities in the United States. With over 15,000 nursing homes in the country, this is an exclusive list. Based on our ratings, this nursing home is simply as good as it gets. Keep reading to see this facility's category ratings, which are equally impressive. You just can't do much better than a straight A profile.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Iredell Memorial Hospital
- Nursing Home
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on stateville senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Government - County
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in North Carolina Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in stateville, North Carolina Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in North Carolina Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in stateville, North Carolina Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in North Carolina Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in stateville, North Carolina Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to receiving a great overall grade, this facility also received A+ short-term care grade. Our short-term care grade is typically used to judge a facility's performance with rehabilitation. To provide high-end rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally must feature higher levels of highly skilled nursing. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, respiratory therapists and other types of therapists. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final item we looked at in this category is the number of residents who were able to leave the facility and return home. We discovered that 6.6 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
This nursing home also received a nearly flawless inspection. As a result, it earned one of our highest grades in that area with an A+. This was one of the few facilities to receive multiple A+ category grades. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in computing these inspection scores. One key factor is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of the deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the number of deficiencies, as some end up being relatively insignificant. This facility was assessed 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe deficiencies. This means that the government inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies an immediate threat to resident safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Iredell Memorial Hospital?
This first-rate facility also excelled in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of A+. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. Our nursing score is primarily associated with the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.7 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well when it comes to minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
In the final category we rated, this facility received a very strong grade of A in our long-term care category. With this grade, the facility topped off a straight A report card. If you are looking for anything other than rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each facility's long-term care grades. Once we looked at the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we turned to the facility's vaccination records. We were not able to locate this facility's vaccination rates. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Iredell Memorial Hospital Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Iredell Memorial Hospital, 3.34% of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between fewer emergency room visits and the quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Iredell Memorial Hospital, 44.99% of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of performance with activities of daily living often correlates with superior rehabilitation services.
- Iredell Memorial Hospital IncAcute Care Hospitals 0 miles away557 Brookdale Dr P O Box 1828 stateville North Carolina 28677Voluntary non-profit - Private(704) 873-5661
- Lake Norman Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 17.49 miles away171 Fairview Road Mooresville North Carolina 28117Proprietary(704) 660-4000
- Davie Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 18.63 miles away223 Hospital Street Mocksville North Carolina 27028Voluntary non-profit - Private(336) 751-8100
- Statesville Dialysis Center of Wake Forest University1.47 miles away627 Signal Hill Drive Ext stateville North Carolina 28625CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (704) 872-0148
- Ins Statesville1.99 miles away2603 Davie Avenue stateville North Carolina 28625Dialysis Stations: 6 (704) 878-6590
- West Iredell Dialysis Center3.71 miles away115 Westbrook Lane stateville North Carolina 28625CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (704) 881-0336
- Lake Norman Dialysis Center of Wake Forest University16.77 miles away164 Professional Park Drive Mooresville North Carolina 28117CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (704) 799-1860
- Davie Kidney Center of Wake Forest University17.87 miles away190 Interstate Drive Mocksville North Carolina 27028Dialysis Stations: 13 (336) 753-1210
- Fresenius Medical Care of Alexander County18.01 miles away175 Commerce Drive Taylorsville North Carolina 28681Dialysis Stations: 13 (828) 632-3547