Integrity Hc of Columbia is an average-sized nursing home located in Columbia, Illinois. This facility was given an F, which is really a bottom of the barrel score in our grading scheme. If you are not satisfied with this facility's pedestrian overall grade, you may have to look in other cities as this is the only nursing home in Columbia. Surprisingly, we were able to give this nursing home some positive feedback for our inspections category, which you can read more about below.
Integrity Hc of Columbia
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
Registered Staff Hours
While this place's overall score was as bad as it gets, it performed pretty well in the area of inspections. In fact, we awarded it a grade of B for that category, which is one of our better scores. Our inspection scores are based on many items located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Deficiencies are a key thing to look for on these reports. You should especially avoid nursing homes with severe deficiencies associated with endangerment of patients. This particular nursing home received 4 deficiencies on its inspection report. Overall, this is still a solid inspection report, but we'd always recommend looking into any deficiencies you find troubling.
Long-term Care Quality
Sadly, this facility only received a grade of D for its long-term care score, which turns out to be one of its more favorable category grades. Nursing homes that receive this kind of grade in this category likely don't provide the kind of consistent 24/7 care that some other nursing homes offer. After looking at the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination records. We were somewhat surprised to discover that this facility vaccinated a relatively low 72.52252 percent of its residents for pneumonia. To our surprise, this nursing home was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0.03 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this facility had fewer hospitalizations than most nursing homes. This is its best score in this category.
Does this page answer your questions about Integrity Hc of Columbia?
We gave this facility a grade of just D for our nursing rating. The nursing grade assesses a handful of factors, however, the main one is the level of nurse hours per patient per week. This particular nursing home averaged a meager 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient each day. This figure is quite a bit below average. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in calculating our nursing grades. This nursing home fared well when it comes to avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good measures of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
The final area we assessed was short-term care. This nursing home was given a rock bottom grade of F in that area. Short-term care grades are typically used to assess a nursing home's performance with rehabilitation. In order to offer quality rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally must provide higher levels of highly skilled nursing. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, speech therapists and other licensed professionals. Not surprisingly, we found that this nursing home provides far less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than the average facility. Finally, we assessed the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that just 3.5 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Integrity Hc of Columbia Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Integrity Hc of Columbia, 8.73% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are often caused by patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols can minimize the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Integrity Hc of Columbia, 3.45% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric measures the percent of long-term residents who suffered falls resulting in severe injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls may be a sign of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Integrity Hc of Columbia, 2.6% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents that have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often linked to worse hygiene protocols. Better hygiene protocols can limit the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. Keep in mind that this statistic is affected by by the fact that nursing homes have incongruent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Integrity Hc of Columbia, 18.11% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients prescribed antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic drugs are administered to patients for a variety of conditions, such as cognitive disorders. Unfortunately, in limited situations, increased usage of these drugs may indicate that a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Integrity Hc of Columbia, 19.04% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of patients who were prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are prescribed to residents suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Integrity Hc of Columbia, 30.45% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Integrity Hc of Columbia, 87.4% of Patients
This is the percent of residents that were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Integrity Hc of Columbia, 13.9% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term residents that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and bathing. Many argue that this is a measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Integrity Hc of Columbia, 17.56% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of patients that maintained mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is often a good sign for residents' health.
In Integrity Hc of Columbia, 1.66 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Integrity Hc of Columbia, 17.56 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Integrity Hc of Columbia, 11.82 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to measure the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Integrity Hc of Columbia, 71.65% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percent of short-term residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some experts would argue that this is a reasonable measure of rehabilitation performance.
- Mercy Hospital SouthAcute Care Hospitals 9.56 miles away10010 Kennerly Road Saint Louis Missouri 63128Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 525-1000
- St Alexius HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.64 miles away3933 S Broadway Saint Louis Missouri 63118Proprietary(314) 865-7000
- Touchette Regional Hospital IncAcute Care Hospitals 10.79 miles away5900 Bond Avenue East Saint Louis Illinois 62207Voluntary non-profit - Private(618) 332-3060
- Ssm Health Saint Louis University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.37 miles away3635 Vista Ave Saint Louis Missouri 63110Proprietary(314) 577-8000
- Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.16 miles away4500 Memorial Drive Belleville Illinois 62226Voluntary non-profit - Private(618) 233-7750
- Ssm Health St Mary's Hospital - St LouisAcute Care Hospitals 13.95 miles away6420 Clayton Rd Saint Louis Missouri 63117Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 768-8000
- Ssm Health St Clare Hospital - FentonAcute Care Hospitals 14.81 miles away1015 Bowles Fenton Missouri 63026Voluntary non-profit - Private(636) 496-2000
- St Luke's Des Peres HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.53 miles away2345 Dougherty Ferry Road Saint Louis Missouri 63122Proprietary(314) 966-9100
- South County Dialysis Center7.48 miles away4145 Union Road Saint Louis Missouri 63129Dialysis Stations: 12 (314) 894-1851
- Home Dialysis South7.76 miles away5201 Mid America Plaza Suite 2200 Saint Louis Missouri 63129Dialysis Stations: 2 (314) 286-0770
- South Towne Square Dialysis Clinic7.96 miles away11107 South Towne Square Saint Louis Missouri 63123CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (314) 894-3400
- Fmc - Arnold8.52 miles away2194 Michigan Ave Arnold Missouri 63010Dialysis Stations: 12 (636) 287-1160
- Arnold Dialysis9 miles away102 Richardson Xing Arnold Missouri 63010Dialysis Stations: 8 (636) 467-5619
- Fmc - Tesson Ferry Dialysis9.21 miles away13134 Tesson Ferry Road Saint Louis Missouri 63128Dialysis Stations: 16 (314) 843-7390
- Rtc-Lamplighter Dialysis9.44 miles away12654 Lamplighter Square Saint Louis Missouri 63128Dialysis Stations: 16 (314) 729-7979
- South City Dialysis9.88 miles away3740 S Jefferson Ave Saint Louis Missouri 63118Dialysis Stations: 12 (314) 664-6687