With an address in Alton, Illinois, Integrity Hc of Alton is one of just three nursing homes in this city. This nursing home was given an overall score of F. This facility is just about as bad as it gets. More information on this nursing home's category grades is available below. Its best category was nursing, which is discussed in the next section.
Integrity Hc of Alton
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Bariatric Care
Registered Staff Hours
Even though we graded this facility very poorly overall, it received a fairly respectable nursing rating this year. We gave it a grade of B- in that category. The nursing rating weighs several datapoints, however, the most important consideration is the number of nurse hours spent with patients. This facility provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a relatively low total compared to most other facilities. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this place actually fared better in some of the quality-based metrics we looked at. In fact, it performed well in terms of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. Many consider these areas to be reliable indicators of the quality of nursing care. In many cases, the quality of nursing care is as important as the quantity of hours of care offered.
Long-term Care Quality
We were also pleasantly surprised to discover that this facility received a solid long-term care rating in our assessment. We awarded it a grade of C in this category. For long-term care residents, the facility's primary objective is to maintain residents' quality of life and keep them safe. Once we looked at the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we turned to the facility's vaccination record. We were concerned by the fact that this facility vaccinated a relatively low 34.715027 percent of its patients for pneumonia. On a more positive note, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Integrity Hc of Alton?
This nursing home really didn't perform horribly in inspections. We gave them a C for that category. The last category we looked at actually turned out to be the source of this facility's abysmal overall score. These inspection ratings weigh several factors, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these issues by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This nursing home had 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none were in categories G through L. This tells you it dodged the more serious categories of deficiencies. Unfortunately, we also need to draw your attention to the fact that this facility received significant government fines in recent years.
Short-term Care Quality
The final area we analyzed is short-term care. This nursing home was given a rock bottom grade of F in that area. In calculating our short-term care ratings, we look at a nursing home's levels of highly skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists respiratory therapists and other types of therapists. This rating is often a useful assessment of the facility's rehabilitation. Not surprisingly, we found that this nursing home provides far less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than the average facility. Lastly, we assessed the number of residents who were able to return home from this facility. This facility didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 3.8 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home. This figure was well off the national average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Integrity Hc of Alton Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Integrity Hc of Alton, 8.73% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of patients who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are routinely caused by patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols can limit the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Integrity Hc of Alton, 3.45% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of patients who sustained a fall which resulted in severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Integrity Hc of Alton, 2.6% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of residents that have had a urinary tract infection. These infections could be associated with poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Integrity Hc of Alton, 18.11% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents taking antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used appropriately. In some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Integrity Hc of Alton, 19.04% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are prescribed to patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Integrity Hc of Alton, 30.45% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who are exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Integrity Hc of Alton, 87.4% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Integrity Hc of Alton, 13.9% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term care patients who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Integrity Hc of Alton, 17.56% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients that were able to retain mobility. Some experts would argue that mobility is important for patients mental and physical health.
In Integrity Hc of Alton, 1.66 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Integrity Hc of Alton, 17.56 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Integrity Hc of Alton, 11.82 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to measure patient well-being during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Integrity Hc of Alton, 71.65% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percent of short-term patients that saw functional improvements.
- Christian Hospital Northeast-NorthwestAcute Care Hospitals 9.95 miles away11133 Dunn Road Saint Louis Missouri 63136Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 653-5000
- Gateway Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.06 miles away2100 Madison Avenue Granite City Illinois 62040Voluntary non-profit - Other(618) 798-3000
- Anderson HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.18 miles away6800 State Route 162 Maryville Illinois 62062Voluntary non-profit - Private(618) 288-5711
- Jersey Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.09 miles away400 Maple Summit Road Jerseyville Illinois 62052Government - Local(618) 498-6402
- Ssm Health Depaul Hospital St LouisAcute Care Hospitals 19.18 miles away12303 Depaul Drive Bridgeton Missouri 63044Voluntary non-profit - Private(314) 344-6000
- Ssm Health Saint Louis University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.45 miles away3635 Vista Ave Saint Louis Missouri 63110Proprietary(314) 577-8000
- Fmc - Southwest Illinois1.14 miles away# 7 Professional Drive Alton Illinois 62002CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (618) 463-5584
- Davita - Alton Dialysis3.31 miles away309 Homer Adams Parkway Alton Illinois 62002CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (618) 462-0186
- North County Dialysis Center8.72 miles away272 Mayfair Drive Florissant Missouri 63033Dialysis Stations: 16 (314) 859-1234
- North County Kidney Care Dialysis9.54 miles away1554 Sierra Vista Plz Saint Louis Missouri 63138CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (314) 438-0864
- Davita - Foxpoint Dialysis10.68 miles away1300 Schaefer Rd. Suite J Granite City Illinois 62040Dialysis Stations: 12 (618) 451-8730
- Davita - Edwardsville Dialysis10.77 miles away235 South Buchanan Street Edwardsville Illinois 62025Dialysis Stations: 8 (618) 692-9217
- North Saint Louis County Dialysis10.96 miles away13119 New Halls Ferry Road Florissant Missouri 63033Dialysis Stations: 14 (314) 838-3252
- Cross Keys Dialysis10.98 miles away14001 New Halls Ferry Rd #133 Florissant Missouri 63033Dialysis Stations: 16 (314) 839-7416