Inspire Rehabilitation and Health Center is a large facility located in Washington, District of Columbia. This facility was awarded an A- overall, which is one of our best scores. You flat out can't do much better than this place. If you look further down this page, you will see this nursing home's category ratings, which are just as impressive as its overall score.
Inspire Rehabilitation and Health Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
With an overall grade this high, it should come as no surprise that this nursing home excelled in the area of inspections, where it received an A-. Inspection scores weigh a host of factors found on a nursing home's inspection report. One key criteria we consider is the number and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with better scores in this category generally have very few severe deficiencies. While this nursing home had some minor dings on its government inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you that the inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Adding to its impressive resume, this nursing home also excelled in our nursing category. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A- for that category. In calculating our nursing scores, we weigh both the number of hours nurses spend with residents and the skill levels of the nurses. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the country in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can frequently be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as having a policy of turning patients more frequently.
Does this page answer your questions about Inspire Rehabilitation and Health Center?
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we assessed is long-term care. Adding to its top-shelf profile, this facility also performed well in this area. In fact, we awarded it a of A- in the category. Long-term care ratings of this caliber generally require both around the clock care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine medical care. On top of considering the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home vaccinated 99.82578 percent of its residents, which is much higher than the majority of nursing homes. Finally, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Short-term Care Quality
The last category we rated is short-term care, where this facility was given an A-. This finished off a first-rate report card. Few facilities earned an A- or better in all four categories. Short-term care scores are meaningful for individuals needing rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally requires higher levels of highly-skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes a vast scope of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. However, according to the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we looked at the percentage of residents that were able to return home from this nursing home. We found that 5.5 percent of this nursing home's patients were able to return home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Inspire Rehabilitation and Health Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Inspire Rehabilitation and Health Center, 11.05% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric measures the percentage of long-term patients who are suffering from pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are an measure of the quality of nursing care a facility provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Inspire Rehabilitation and Health Center, 1.03% of Patients had Serious Falls
This measures the percent of long-term residents who had falls which resulted in major injury. We use this statistic in calculating our nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Inspire Rehabilitation and Health Center, 1.77% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are often the result of lower quality nursing care. Nevertheless, this statistic may also be misleading for some nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Inspire Rehabilitation and Health Center, 8.22% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of long-term stay patients receiving antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications serve an important medical purpose, it is important to make sure these medications are being used only where medically required. In some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Inspire Rehabilitation and Health Center, 12.3% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure is an indication of the percentage of long-term care patients who are prescribed antianxiety medication. These drugs are used to treat residents suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Inspire Rehabilitation and Health Center, 0.83% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients who are exhibiting symptoms of depression. Some would argue this is a reasonable measure of patient quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Inspire Rehabilitation and Health Center, 89.84% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term care residents that were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for seniors, making these vaccines critical to patient well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Inspire Rehabilitation and Health Center, 17.05% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and using the bathroom. Some argue this is a measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Inspire Rehabilitation and Health Center, 26.24% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care residents who remained mobile levels.
In Inspire Rehabilitation and Health Center, 0.85 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Inspire Rehabilitation and Health Center, 26.24 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between staying out of the hospital and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Inspire Rehabilitation and Health Center, 5.77 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Inspire Rehabilitation and Health Center, 67.35% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term residents who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Washington, DC
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Washington, District of Columbia has 16 other nursing homes
- George Washington Univ HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.53 miles away900 23rd St Nw Washington District of Columbia 20037Proprietary(202) 716-4605
- Medstar Georgetown University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.43 miles away3800 Reservoir Rd Washington District of Columbia 20007Voluntary non-profit - Private(202) 784-3000
- Howard University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.52 miles away2041 Georgia Ave Nw Washington District of Columbia 20060Voluntary non-profit - Other(202) 745-6100
- Children's Hospital NmcChildrens 2.22 miles away111 Michigan Ave, Nw Washington District of Columbia 20010Voluntary non-profit - Private(202) 476-5000
- Medstar Washington Hospital CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.41 miles away110 Irving St Nw Washington District of Columbia 20010Voluntary non-profit - Other(202) 877-7000
- Sibley Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.77 miles away5255 Loughboro Rd Nw Washington District of Columbia 20016Voluntary non-profit - Other(202) 537-4680
- Virginia Hospital CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.54 miles away1701 North George Mason Drive Arlington Virginia 22205Voluntary non-profit - Private(703) 558-5000
- United Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.13 miles away1310 Southern Avenue Se Washington District of Columbia 20032Proprietary(202) 574-6611
- Bma - Dupont Circle0.31 miles away11 Dupont Cir Nw Ste ll100 Washington District of Columbia 20036Dialysis Stations: 30 (202) 483-0176
- Davita - K Street Dialysis0.41 miles away2131 K Street Nw Ste 300 Washington District of Columbia 20037CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (202) 223-8453
- Davita Georgetown Home Training1.2 miles away2233 Wisconsin Ave Suite 214 Washington District of Columbia 20007Dialysis Stations: 12 (202) 337-1431
- Childrens National Medical Center2.01 miles awayChildrens Hosp Dialysis Unit Rm 3130 111 Michigan Ave Nw Washington District of Columbia 20010Dialysis Stations: 6 (202) 476-5148
- Union Plaza Dialysis Center2.25 miles away810 1st St Ne Ste 100 Washington District of Columbia 20002CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (202) 842-3127
- Capitol Dialysis2.3 miles away140 Q Street Ne Washington District of Columbia 20002CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (202) 636-9411
- Bma - Columbia Heights2.37 miles away106 Irving St Nw Ste 1400 Washington District of Columbia 20010CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 35 (202) 829-0060
- Davita - Brentwood3.25 miles away1231 Brentwood Rd Ne Washington District of Columbia 20018CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (202) 636-3711