With an address in Ontario, California, Inland Christian Home is one of four facilities in this city. This nursing home was awarded an overall grade of B+, which is very favorable rating. If you take a look at the other options in Ontario, we are confident you will find this place to be a better option than most facilities in the city. We also gave this facility strong grades in all four of our categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Inland Christian Home
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Adult Day Care
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
1950 S. Mountain Ave,
Ontario CA 91762
79.66% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Lymphedema Care
- Radiation Therapy
Best Nursing Home in Ontario, California Awards 2019
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to earning a great overall grade, this nursing home fared even better in the area of inspections which is based on the facility's recent government inspection reports. We awarded it an A- for that area, which is one of our highest grades. These inspection grades weigh several factors, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these items by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
One of the other reasons we rated this nursing home so highly is that it received a very impressive nursing grade. Nursing proved to be its second best category grade. In that area, we gave this facility an A-. When determining our nursing scores, we look at both staffing levels and the levels of licensure of the nurses. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can often be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Inland Christian Home?
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to another strength for this nursing home, we awarded them one of our more favorable scores in our short-term care category as well, with a grade of B. In the area of short-term care, we endeavor to assess measures of a facility's rehabilitation services. We look at a nursing home's skilled nursing services, including the ones performed by registered nurses and various therapists. Unfortunately, it does not look like this facility submitted information on registered nurse or physical therapist staffing. The last item we considered in this category is the number of patients who ultimately were able to return home from the nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we rated was long-term care, where we gave it a favorable grade of B. This nursing home truly didn't have any weaknesses. When facilities receive this type of grade in long-term care it is usually a good sign for resident care and suggests that the facility is well-staffed with nurses aids. After we finished assessing the quantity of nursing care, we then looked at the facility's vaccination statistics. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which is an impressive figure. Pneumonia is often a life threatening condition for nursing home residents so we prefer when a nursing home doesn't take any chances. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Inland Christian Home Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Inland Christian Home, 7.45% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic is an indication of the percentage of long-term patients which have new or worsened pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are a reliable indicator of nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Inland Christian Home, 1.7% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of patients who have had a major fall. Falls leading to severe injury are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a barometer of nursing care . Major falls are routinely the result of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Inland Christian Home, 1.24% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients who have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are routinely linked to nursing homes with worse hygiene protocols. More frequent bathing limits the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. Note that this datapoint is affected by by the fact that facilities have varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Inland Christian Home, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of residents given antipsychotic medications. These drugs are used for treating several medical conditions, such as cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Inland Christian Home, 13.85% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of residents who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are generally prescribed to residents experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Inland Christian Home, 4.64% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Inland Christian Home, 95.44% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term residents that have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for nursing home patients, making these vaccines vital to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Inland Christian Home, 7.92% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Inland Christian Home, 12.45% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of patients who retained mobility levels over time. Preserving mobility is often a great sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Inland Christian Home, 12.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Inland Christian Home, 9.83 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Inland Christian Home, 79.79% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term care residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Ontario, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Ontario, California has 3 other nursing homes
- Chino Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.11 miles away5451 Walnut Ave Chino California 91710Proprietary(909) 627-6111
- Montclair Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.19 miles away5000 San Bernardino St Montclair California 91763Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 625-8300
- San Antonio Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.81 miles away999 San Bernardino Road Upland California 91786Voluntary non-profit - Other(714) 985-2811
- Pomona Valley Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.5 miles away1798 N Garey Ave Pomona California 91767Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 865-9500
- San Dimas Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.42 miles away1350 W Covina Blvd San Dimas California 91773Proprietary(909) 599-6811
- Corona Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.91 miles away800 South Main Street Corona California 92882Proprietary(951) 737-4343
- Glendora Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.92 miles away150 West Route 66 Glendora California 91740Proprietary(626) 335-0231
- Emanate Health Inter-Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.34 miles away210 W San Bernardino Road Covina California 91723Proprietary(626) 814-2468
- Ontario Holt Dialysis Center, Inc.1.87 miles away1310 West Holt Avenue Ontario California 91762Dialysis Stations: 28 (909) 986-0230
- Davita-Ontario Dialysis2.36 miles away1950 South Grove Avenue, Suite 101 Ontario California 91761CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (909) 930-5566
- Davita-Chino Dialysis2.44 miles away4445 Riverside Drive Chino California 91710CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (909) 464-0347
- Ontario Dialysis, Inc.3.32 miles away1001 W. Sixth Street, Suite A Ontario California 91762CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (909) 984-0320
- Davita-Ontario Mills Dialysis3.47 miles away2403 S Vineyard Ave Suite D Ontario California 91761Dialysis Stations: 25 (909) 923-3850
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital Medical Ctr.- Ontario3.59 miles away2295 South Vineyard Avenue Ontario California 91761Dialysis Stations: 3 (909) 724-3039
- Davita-Montclair Dialysis Center3.88 miles away9142 Monte Vista Ave Montclair California 91763CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (909) 626-6505
- Davita-Pomona Valley Dialysis4.05 miles away2703 S Towne Avenue Pomona California 91766CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (909) 590-4930