Ingleside at King Farm is a small non-profit facility in Rockville, Maryland. With an overall score of A+, this facility is one of the most elite nursing homes we found. At the end of the day, this place would be a great choice for just about anybody. As you will find below, this facility performed equally well in our category ratings. We give this place two thumbs up!
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Ingleside at King Farm
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Rockville senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Aquatic Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in Maryland Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Maryland Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Rockville, Maryland Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Maryland Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Rockville, Maryland Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
One of the reasons this place ended up being a great nursing home is it earned an A+ in our inspections category. This is just about as good as it gets in this critical area. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in determining these inspection ratings. One of those factors is health deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of the deficiencies is usually more important than the number of deficiencies, as some deficiencies end up being relatively minor. This facility received 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none were considered to be severe. This tells you that the inspectors didn't deem any of these deficiencies to be an imminent risk to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
This top notch facility also was superb in the area of short-term care, where it received a grade of A+. Very few nursing homes performed better in this area. In determining our short-term care scores, we look at a facility's levels of highly skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists respiratory therapists and other licensed professionals. This score is considered to be a reliable measure of a facility's ability to rehabilitate patients. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. However, according to the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the percentage of residents who ultimately were able to return home from this nursing home. We found that 7 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Ingleside at King Farm?
In addition, this facility received high marks in the area of nursing. As a result, it received one of our highest grades in that category with a score of A+. We looked at the licensure of nurses working for the facility, in addition to the quantity of hours those nurses worked with patients, in calculating our rating in this area. This particular nursing home provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility Maryland in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can frequently be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as by employing a system of turning residents even once per day.
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on to our next area, this facility also excelled in the long-term care category. We gave it an A in this category. This finalized a straight A profile. Facilities that excel in this category typically are well-staffed and provide extensive hands on care to patients. Once we assessed the quantity of care provided by nurses, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination data. This facility vaccinated 97.36842 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which is what we like to see. Pneumonia sadly is often a life threatening illness for nursing home patients so we like it when a facility does not leave its residents vulnerable. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Ingleside at King Farm Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Ingleside at King Farm, 10.28% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This gauges the percentage of long-term residents who have new or worsened pressure ulcers . We bake this statistic into both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Ingleside at King Farm, 2.53% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients that have had a fall leading to serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Ingleside at King Farm, 2.06% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are routinely linked to poor nursing care. Closer supervision can limit the number of UTI's sustained by residents in a nursing home. Keep in mind that this statistic is affected by by the fact that nursing homes have incongruent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Ingleside at King Farm, 12.87% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents given antipsychotic drugs. These drugs are used for a variety of conditions, including cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Ingleside at King Farm, 13.59% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of patients given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are given to residents experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Ingleside at King Farm, 11.04% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Ingleside at King Farm, 90.84% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Ingleside at King Farm, 20.64% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with ADL's may indicate the erosion of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Ingleside at King Farm, 24.5% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents that retained mobility levels. Some would argue that mobility is important for patients physical and mental health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Ingleside at King Farm, 24.5 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Ingleside at King Farm, 9.63 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Ingleside at King Farm, 73.32% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of short-term stay residents who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many in the industry believe that this is a reliable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation services.
- Adventist Healthcare Shady Grove Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.53 miles away9901 Medical Center Drive Rockville Maryland 20850Voluntary non-profit - Private(240) 826-6527
- Holy Cross Germantown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.74 miles away19801 Observation Drive Germantown Maryland 20876Voluntary non-profit - Private(301) 557-6020
- Medstar Montgomery Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.18 miles away18101 Prince Philip Drive Olney Maryland 20832Voluntary non-profit - Private(301) 774-8882
- Suburban HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.71 miles away8600 Old Georgetown Road Bethesda Maryland 20814Voluntary non-profit - Private(301) 896-2576
- Walter Reed National Military Med CenAcute Care - Department of Defense 8.86 miles away8901 Rockville Pike Bethesda Maryland 20889Department of Defense(301) 295-4000
- Holy Cross HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.07 miles away1500 Forest Glen Road Silver Spring Maryland 20910Voluntary non-profit - Church(301) 754-7000
- Adventist Healthcare White Oak Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.37 miles away12100 Plum Orchard Drive Silver Spring Maryland 20904Voluntary non-profit - Private(301) 891-5651
- Sibley Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.71 miles away5255 Loughboro Rd Nw Washington District of Columbia 20016Voluntary non-profit - Other(202) 537-4680
- Davita - Rockville1.03 miles away15204 Omega Drive Suite 110 Rockville Maryland 20850CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (301) 947-2427
- Advanced Dialysis Center - Rockville2.1 miles away299 Hurley Ave Rockville Maryland 20850Dialysis Stations: 9 (301) 838-9119
- Gaithersburg Dialysis2.69 miles away202 Perry Parkway Suite 3 Gaithersburg Maryland 20877Dialysis Stations: 16 (301) 987-0912
- Bma - Rockville2.7 miles away7524 Standish Pl Ste 100-B Derwood Maryland 20855Dialysis Stations: 16 (301) 610-0711
- Brownwood Dialysis LLC3.68 miles away5544 Norbeck Rd Rockville Maryland 20853CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (301) 460-2090
- Us Renal Care - Rockville5.03 miles away11800 a Nebel St Rockville Maryland 20852Dialysis Stations: 12 (301) 468-3221
- Davita - Middlebrook Dialysis6.03 miles away12401 Middlebrook Rd Ste 160 Germantown Maryland 20874Dialysis Stations: 19 (301) 540-6020
- Bma - Bethesda6.47 miles away6420 Rockledge Dr Ste 1100 Bethesda Maryland 20817Dialysis Stations: 18 (301) 652-2554