Inglemoor Rehabilitation and Care Center of Living is a nursing home located in Livingston, New Jersey. This city has a total of 29,358 people. This nursing home turns out to be an A+ rated facility, which is the most impressive score that we offer. This is just about as good of a facility as you'll find. If you look below, you can see this place's category scores, which look to be just as strong as its overall grade.
Inglemoor Rehabilitation and Care Center of Living
- Nursing Home
- Contracted Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Best Nursing Home in New Jersey Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Livingston, New Jersey Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in New Jersey Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Livingston, New Jersey Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in New Jersey Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a strong nursing home overall, it also received A+ government inspections recently. Its inspections are nearly flawless. Our inspection ratings account for several factors included in a nursing home's inspection reports. One key criteria we weigh heavily is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. Places with better grades in this area usually have few of these severe deficiencies. While this facility had some deficiencies on its inspection report, none were severe based on CMS' deficiency scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
We also wanted to emphasize the fact that this facility fared very well in our short-term care rating. We gave them an impressive score of A+ in this area. Short-term care scores are critical for residents looking for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically mandates higher levels of highly-skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes a broad range of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we considered the percentage of residents who who were able to eventually return home from this facility. We found that 6.5 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Inglemoor Rehabilitation and Care Center of Living?
This nursing home also received an A+ for its nursing grade. Nursing scores are heavily correlated with quality and quantity of nursing care. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can typically be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
In the last area, this facility also received an excellent long-term care grade, with a grade of A-. This finished off a very strong profile. Nursing homes that receive this kind of score in this category tend to provide consistent 24/7 care to ensure residents are well cared for. Once we assessed the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we next considered the facility's vaccination record. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its residents against pneumonia. Vaccines are critical to keeping patients healthy. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Inglemoor Rehabilitation and Care Center of Living Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Inglemoor Rehabilitation and Care Center of Living, 9.28% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of patients that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are often the result of residents not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols reduces the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Inglemoor Rehabilitation and Care Center of Living, 2.53% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents who have had a major fall. Falls leading to serious injuries are often linked to poor nursing care. Better nursing protocols minimizes the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Inglemoor Rehabilitation and Care Center of Living, 1.65% of Patients had UTIs
This is a measure of the percent of long-term residents that sustained a UTI. While more infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's hygiene protocols, it can be problematic to compare different facilities due to nursing homes having differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Inglemoor Rehabilitation and Care Center of Living, 10.6% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. These medications are sometimes used to treat a variety of medical conditions, such as cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Inglemoor Rehabilitation and Care Center of Living, 17.42% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This gauges the percentage of long-term patients receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Inglemoor Rehabilitation and Care Center of Living, 5.95% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who are exhibiting depressive symptoms. Higher levels of depression may be an indicator lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Inglemoor Rehabilitation and Care Center of Living, 91.97% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients that were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Inglemoor Rehabilitation and Care Center of Living, 10.68% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Inglemoor Rehabilitation and Care Center of Living, 12.9% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of patients that remained mobile levels over time. Preserving mobility is often a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Inglemoor Rehabilitation and Care Center of Living, 1.68 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Inglemoor Rehabilitation and Care Center of Living, 12.9 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Minimizing rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical abilities of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Inglemoor Rehabilitation and Care Center of Living, 8.37 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Inglemoor Rehabilitation and Care Center of Living, 80.92% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term stay patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of independence with activities of daily living generally correlates with successful rehabilitation.
- Saint Barnabas Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.56 miles away94 Old Short Hills Road Livingston New Jersey 07039Voluntary non-profit - Other(973) 322-5000
- Overlook Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.49 miles away99 Beauvoir Avenue Summit New Jersey 07902Voluntary non-profit - Other(908) 522-2000
- East Orange General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.61 miles away300 Central Ave East Orange New Jersey 07018Voluntary non-profit - Private(973) 266-4401
- Essex County Hospital CenterPsychiatric 6.3 miles away204 Grove Avenue Cedar Grove New Jersey 07009Government - Local(973) 571-2801
- University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.96 miles away150 Bergen St Newark New Jersey 07101Government - State(973) 972-5658
- Newark Beth Israel Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.29 miles away201 Lyons Ave Newark New Jersey 07112Voluntary non-profit - Private(973) 926-7850
- Morristown Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.81 miles away100 Madison Ave Morristown New Jersey 07960Voluntary non-profit - Private(973) 971-5000
- Trinitas Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.1 miles away225 Williamson Street Elizabeth New Jersey 07207Voluntary non-profit - Private(908) 994-5000
- Fresenius Medical Care Livingston, LLC1.2 miles away348 East Northfield Road Livingston New Jersey 07039CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (973) 535-0667
- Ara Dialysis Center at West Orange1.69 miles away101 Old Shorts Hills Road Ste 120 Carlstadt New Jersey 07072CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (973) 736-8300
- Fkc Acc Livingston St Barnabas So Orange Ave2.32 miles awayAcc Livingston Hemodialysis 200 So Orange Avenue Livingston New Jersey 07039CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (973) 322-7150
- Total Renal Care, Inc West Orange Dialysis2.88 miles away375 Mount Pleasant Avenue Ste 340 West Orange New Jersey 07052Dialysis Stations: 19 (973) 243-7069
- Fmc Orange Dc4.22 miles away258 Central Ave Orange New Jersey 07050CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (973) 675-3400
- Ea Orange Gen Hospital4.27 miles away310 Central Avenue Medical Arts Building - Dialysis Unit East Orange New Jersey 07017CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (973) 395-4035
- Fmc Maplewood Dialysis Center4.69 miles away2130 Milburn Avenue Suite b1 Maplewood New Jersey 07040Dialysis Stations: 16 (973) 275-5499
- Davita Millburn Dialysis4.75 miles away25 East Willow Street Ste 2 Millburn New Jersey 07041CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (973) 379-7309