Imperial Care Center is a large nursing home located in Neptune, New Jersey. This nursing home received an A- overall, which is a very strong rating. We were so impressed with this nursing home that we ranked it in the top quarter of all facilities in the nation. This place's strong report card was highlighted by its inspection score, which we will address in the next section.
Imperial Care Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
919 Green Grove Road,
Neptune NJ 07753
72.72% estimated occupancy 1
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Lymphedema Care
Registered Staff Hours
On top of faring well overall, this nursing home also received a nearly flawless inspection report. Therefore, it earned one of our best grades in that category with a grade of A+. These inspection scores take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these issues by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Fortunately, although this facility had some minor dings on its report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you that CMS did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was awarded a strong long-term care score. This actually turned out to be this facility's second strongest category grade. In that category, we awarded this facility a score of A-. Nursing homes that receive this kind of score in this category tend to provide consistent around the clock care to ensure residents are kept in good health. On top of considering the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility gave the vaccine to 99.38838 percent of its patients, which is significantly higher than the vast majority of nursing homes. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Imperial Care Center?
Short-term Care Quality
Contributing to its strong profile, this nursing home also received an excellent short-term care score, with a grade of A-. In the category of short-term care, we attempt to assess indicators of a nursing home's rehabilitation. We analyze the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as the ones performed by registered nurses and physical and occupational therapists. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 5.5 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
The final area we graded is nursing. In this category, we gave this facility a decent grade of B-. This actually turned out to be this nursing home's worst area. The nursing grade weighs a host of factors. The most heavily weighted factor is the amount of time nurses spend with patients. This facility provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a relatively low total compared to most other facilities. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this nursing home surprisingly fared better in some of the quality measures we looked at. It performed well when it comes to minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Imperial Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Imperial Care Center, 8.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are routinely the result of residents not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Imperial Care Center, 2.79% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric tells you the percentage of long-term patients who sustained falls leading to severe injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls may be an indication of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Imperial Care Center, 1.44% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections could be linked to poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Imperial Care Center, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who are administered antipsychotic drugs. Excessive reliance on these medications may indicate that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior in scenarios where such drugs are not medically required. However, some facilities need to rely on these medications due to having more patients with cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Imperial Care Center, 17.29% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who are given antianxiety medication. These drugs are generally prescribed to residents suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Imperial Care Center, 6.37% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who are demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Imperial Care Center, 89.73% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Imperial Care Center, 10.05% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and eating. Some argue this is a reliable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Imperial Care Center, 10.04% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percentage of long-term residents who remained mobile levels.
In Imperial Care Center, 1.88 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Imperial Care Center, 10.04 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Imperial Care Center, 9.47 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Imperial Care Center, 81.82% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term patients who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- Monmouth Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.8 miles away300 Second Avenue Long Branch New Jersey 07740Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 222-5200
- Ocean Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.79 miles away425 Jack Martin Blvd Brick New Jersey 08724Voluntary non-profit - Other(732) 840-2200
- Centrastate Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.49 miles away901 West Main Street Freehold New Jersey 07728Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 431-2000
- Monmouth Medical Center-Southern CampusAcute Care Hospitals 13.14 miles away600 River Ave Lakewood New Jersey 08701Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 363-1900
- Bayshore Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.82 miles away727 N Beers St Holmdel New Jersey 07733Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 739-5900
- Community Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 19.81 miles away99 Rt 37 West Toms River New Jersey 08755Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 557-8000
- Dialyze Direct0.47 miles away3297 State Route 66 Neptune New Jersey 07753Dialysis Stations: 7 (732) 806-9990
- Fmc Neptune1.6 miles away2441 State Hwy 33 at Fortunato Place Neptune New Jersey 07753CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (732) 643-9260
- Davita Shore Dialysis1.96 miles away300 West Sylvania Avenue Suite 1 Neptune New Jersey 07753CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (732) 988-3684
- Shining Star Davita Neptune Dc2.17 miles away2180 Bradley Avenue Neptune New Jersey 07753CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (732) 775-2725
- Wall Township Home Training3.27 miles away5100 Belmar Blvd Ste 1 Farmingdale New Jersey 07727Dialysis Stations: 6 (732) 938-2780
- Davita Atlantic Akc3.82 miles away6 Industrial Way West Suite B Eatontown New Jersey 07724CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (732) 460-1414
- Shining Star Davita Middletown Dc8.47 miles awayUnion Square Plaza 500 Route 35 South Red Bank New Jersey 07701Dialysis Stations: 15 (732) 576-9900
- Meridian Fresenius Dialysis Red Bank8.86 miles away48 East Front Street Red Bank New Jersey 07701CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (732) 530-2239