Imperial, a Villa Center is one of just two available facilities located in Dearborn Heights, Michigan. With a really poor overall grade of F, this facility isn't high on our list. This facility did not have any redeeming qualities. We would not blame you if you're ready to stop reading and find another facility. However, if you want to learn more about this place's category grades, we will discuss nursing in the next section.
Imperial, a Villa Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Meal Delivery
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Bariatric Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
While we graded this facility incredibly poorly overall, it received a fairly respectable nursing grade this year. We gave it a grade of C in that category. In determining our nursing ratings, we weigh both nursing hours and the training levels of the nurses. This facility provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a relatively low total compared to most other facilities. Lastly, although this nursing home got dinged a bit for nursing hours per resident, it excelled in a few of our quality-based metrics. With fewer than five percent of its residents suffering from pressure ulcers, it fared well in this area.
Short-term Care Quality
We were also surprised to find that this nursing home earned a somewhat respectable short-term care rating in our assessment. We gave it a C in that category. Our short-term care ratings are based on the nursing home's quantity of skilled nursing services. This means a wide scope of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, not to mention other variations of therapy. In this facility's case, we were surprised to learn that it actually provides less registered nurse and physical therapist hours per patient than the average facility. The hope is that this does not adversely affect the quality of care. Lastly, we assessed the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 5.5 percent of this facility's residents returned home. At most facilities, closer to half of their residents are able to return home so this figure is below average.
Does this page answer your questions about Imperial, a Villa Center?
Long-term Care Quality
Turning to the area of long-term care, this nursing home was given just a D in that area. Nursing homes that do not fare well in this category typically are not as well-staffed and are lagging in a few of the areas of routine healthcare services we assessed. In addition to considering the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. As it turns out, this nursing home vaccinated just 57.162346 percent of its residents, which is quite a bit lower than we expected. To our surprise, this place was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this facility has less hospitalizations than many nursing homes. This was its best score in this category.
Turning our final category of inspections, this nursing home received a horrible grade. We would advise paying close attention to any deficiencies on a nursing home's inspection reports when it receives this bad of an inspection grade. We would pay close attention to the level of severity of those deficiencies. This nursing home was assessed 10 deficiencies by government inspectors. The only positive thing we found is that none of the deficiencies were in the categories that suggest they created a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, we also want to point out that this place received significant government fines of more than $100,000. This often indicates that a facility's bad track record spanned several years.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Imperial, a Villa Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Imperial, a Villa Center, 8.78% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic is an indication of the percent of long-term stay residents which suffered from pressure ulcers or bed sores. We consider this statistic when determining both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Imperial, a Villa Center, 2.9% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents who have had a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injuries are routinely caused by lower quality nursing care. Better nursing care limits the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Imperial, a Villa Center, 2.36% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients that have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many experts to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are often caused by worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this statistic can be skewed for certain nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Imperial, a Villa Center, 13.11% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who were prescribed antipsychotic medication. Excessive reliance on these medications may indicate a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior in situations where such drugs are not medically indicated. Nevertheless, some facilities need to rely more on these drugs due to an increased number of residents with dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Imperial, a Villa Center, 18.81% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are given to residents suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Imperial, a Villa Center, 3.44% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents showing depressive symptoms. High rates of depression may be an indicator worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Imperial, a Villa Center, 91.43% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Imperial, a Villa Center, 12.1% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Imperial, a Villa Center, 17.7% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of patients that maintained mobility over time. Retaining mobility is often a great sign for residents' health.
In Imperial, a Villa Center, 1.47 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of care. There is usually a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Imperial, a Villa Center, 17.7 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding the hospital during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Imperial, a Villa Center, 10.81 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Imperial, a Villa Center, 77.3% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term stay patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- Beaumont Hospital - TaylorAcute Care Hospitals 3.04 miles away10000 Telegraph Road Taylor Michigan 48180Voluntary non-profit - Private(313) 295-5253
- Beaumont Hospital - WayneAcute Care Hospitals 3.43 miles away33155 Annapolis Ave Wayne Michigan 48184Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 467-4175
- Garden City HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.23 miles away6245 Inkster Rd Garden City Michigan 48135Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 421-3300
- Beaumont Hospital - DearbornAcute Care Hospitals 4.61 miles away18101 Oakwood Blvd Dearborn Michigan 48124Voluntary non-profit - Private(313) 593-7125
- Henry Ford Wyandotte HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.73 miles away2333 Biddle Ave Wyandotte Michigan 48192Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 246-6000
- St Mary Mercy HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.16 miles away36475 Five Mile Road Livonia Michigan 48154Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 655-4800
- Beaumont Hospital - TrentonAcute Care Hospitals 11.68 miles away5450 Fort Street Trenton Michigan 48183Voluntary non-profit - Private(734) 671-3800
- Sinai-Grace HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.9 miles away6071 W Outer Drive Detroit Michigan 48235Proprietary(313) 966-3300
- Greenfield Hs - Taylor2.87 miles away24565 Haig Road Taylor Michigan 48180CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (313) 291-7800
- Davita - Romulus2.9 miles away31470 Ecorse Rd Romulus Michigan 48174Dialysis Stations: 12 (734) 722-5455
- Davita - Dearborn at Home3.57 miles away22030 Park St Dearborn Michigan 48124Dialysis Stations: 2 (313) 792-7343
- Davita - Dearborn3.63 miles away1185 Monroe St Dearborn Michigan 48124CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (313) 274-8100
- Fresenius Medical Care - Taylor4.51 miles away22970 Northline Rd Ste 100 Taylor Michigan 48180Dialysis Stations: 12 (734) 287-6585
- Davita - Oakwood Renal Services4.63 miles away18100 Oakwood Blvd Ste 206 Dearborn Michigan 48124Dialysis Stations: 18 (313) 438-7959
- Fmc - Garden City4.76 miles away27201 W Warren St Dearborn Heights Michigan 48127Dialysis Stations: 16 (313) 274-5568
- Davita - Downriver Kidney Ctr4.88 miles away5600 Allen Rd Allen Park Michigan 48101CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (313) 382-5933