Hunters Creek Nursing and Rehab Center is an average-sized nursing home located in Orlando, Florida. It looks like this is a very good facility. We gave this it an overall grade of B+, which is a strong rating. Orlando offers a variety of nursing homes, but we question whether you will need to look at too many others. This one looks like a first class option. The best aspect of this facility's strong report card was its inspection reports. Inspection grades are discussed in the next section
Hunters Creek Nursing and Rehab Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
14155 Town Loop Blvd,
Orlando FL 32837
94.13% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to receiving a great overall grade, this nursing home also received an A+ inspection rating. This score is based on its recent inspection reports. An A+ in this category is one of the highest complements we can offer a facility. These inspection scores weigh several factors, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these items by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This facility was hit with 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were considered severe. This indicates that the inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies to be an immediate threat to resident safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
We also awarded this nursing home a score of A- for our long-term care score. When nursing homes receive this kind of grade in long-term care it is usually a good sign for resident care and indicates that the facility is well-staffed with nurses and aids. One of the factors we considered in addition to nursing hours is vaccines. This nursing home provided the pneumonia vaccination to 99.40828 percent of its patients. Vaccination is a reliable method to avoid unnecessary deaths for the nursing home population. Finally, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.03 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Hunters Creek Nursing and Rehab Center?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home's next best category is short-term care. We gave it a B- in this area. This is essentially a middle of the pack score in this area. Our short-term care grades are based on a nursing home's quantity of skilled highly skilled professionals. This includes a wide scope of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. However, according to the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last measure we assessed in this category is the number of patients who were able to return home from the nursing home. We found that just 4.7 percent of this facility's residents returned home. Unfortunately, this was below average.
The next area we scored proved to be this facility's worst area. Nevertheless, even in its worst category we still gave it an acceptable grade of C for nursing. The nursing grade features many subcategories. The most important one is the quantity of hours nurses spend with patients. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this facility fared better in some of the quality-based metrics we assessed. In fact, it performed well in terms of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be reliable indicators of the quality of nursing care. In some cases, the quality of nursing care is just as important as the number of hours of care provided.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Hunters Creek Nursing and Rehab Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Hunters Creek Nursing and Rehab Center, 9.08% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are often the result of residents staying in one position for too long. Better nursing care minimizes the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Hunters Creek Nursing and Rehab Center, 2.82% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure is an indication of the percent of long-term residents that have had a fall which resulted in major injury. We use this statistic in computing nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Hunters Creek Nursing and Rehab Center, 1.81% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint gauges the percentage of long-term stay residents who had urinary tract infections. While a higher rate of these infections may reflect poorly on a nursing home's cleanliness, it can be difficult to compare different nursing homes due to differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Hunters Creek Nursing and Rehab Center, 10.64% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic is an indication of the percentage of long-term patients who were administered antipsychotic medication. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents in scenarios where such drugs aren't medically required. Nevertheless, some nursing homes need to rely more on these medications due to an increased number of residents with dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Hunters Creek Nursing and Rehab Center, 21.27% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients who are prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are typically prescribed to patients suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Hunters Creek Nursing and Rehab Center, 2.33% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who are showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Hunters Creek Nursing and Rehab Center, 94.94% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term stay patients that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Hunters Creek Nursing and Rehab Center, 13.07% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Hunters Creek Nursing and Rehab Center, 16.78% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percentage of long-term residents that retained mobility levels. Some experts believe that mobility is critical to residents' health.
In Hunters Creek Nursing and Rehab Center, 1.76 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Hunters Creek Nursing and Rehab Center, 16.78 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Hunters Creek Nursing and Rehab Center, 9.16 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Hunters Creek Nursing and Rehab Center, 78.49% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term stay residents who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of performance with activities of daily living generally correlates with successful rehabilitation services.
Scores for Orlando, FL
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Orlando, Florida has 19 other nursing homes
- Osceola Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.4 miles away700 West Oak Street Kissimmee Florida 34741Proprietary(407) 846-2266
- Nemours Children's HospitalChildrens 8.81 miles away13535 Nemours Pkwy Orlando Florida 32827Voluntary non-profit - Private(407) 567-4000
- St Cloud Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.85 miles away2906 17th Street Saint Cloud Florida 34769Proprietary(407) 498-3432
- Orlando Health Orlando Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.53 miles away52 W Underwood St Orlando Florida 32806Voluntary non-profit - Private(321) 843-8000
- Health CentralAcute Care Hospitals 14.18 miles away10000 W Colonial Dr Ocoee Florida 34761Government - State(407) 296-1820
- Adventhealth OrlandoAcute Care Hospitals 14.77 miles away601 E Rollins St Orlando Florida 32803Voluntary non-profit - Private(407) 303-1976
- Poinciana Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.71 miles away325 Cypress Pkwy Kissimmee Florida 34758Proprietary(407) 530-2000
- Adventhealth Heart of FloridaAcute Care Hospitals 18.83 miles away40100 Hwy 27 Davenport Florida 33837Proprietary(863) 422-4971
- Hunters Creek Dialysis0.25 miles away14050 Townloop Blvd #104a Orlando Florida 32837CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (407) 858-9458
- Central Florida Kidney Center - Osceola3.62 miles away14522 Landstar Blvd Suite 108 Orlando Florida 32824Dialysis Stations: 16 (407) 870-1880
- Kissimmee Home Training3.65 miles away1203 N Central Ave #A Kissimmee Florida 34741Dialysis Stations: 4 (407) 518-9232
- Kissimmee Dialysis3.95 miles away802 John Young Parkway Kissimmee Florida 34741CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (407) 847-4423
- Florida Dialysis Center of Celebration LLC4.51 miles away5051 West Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway Kissimmee Florida 34746Dialysis Stations: 12 (407) 397-2588
- Buena Ventura Lakes Dialysis5.7 miles away1998 E Osceola Pkwy Kissimmee Florida 34743Dialysis Stations: 16 (407) 348-1271
- Orlando Southwest Dialysis6.79 miles away6925 Lake Ellenor Dr Ste 650 Orlando Florida 32809CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (407) 852-1751
- Celebration Dialysis7.47 miles away1154 Celebration Blvd Kissimmee Florida 34747Dialysis Stations: 20 (407) 566-1780