Humility House is a facility located in Youngstown, Ohio, which has 163,222 people. This nursing home received an overall grade of B+, which is very good grade. As a matter of fact, this proved to be better than most of the facilities in Youngstown. This place was better in some categories than others, but it did not have any weak links in any of the major categories discussed below. More information about these categories can be found below.
Updated May 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
755 Ohltown Road,
Youngstown OH 44515
68.71% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A- for our long-term care grade. Nursing homes that do well in long-term care tend to be well-staffed and provide extensive hands on care to residents. One of the criteria we considered on top of this nursing home's quality nursing hours was vaccines. This facility provided the pneumonia vaccination to 98.02631 percent of its patients. Vaccines are a great way to avoid unnecessary deaths and hospitalizations for the elderly. This combination proved to be effective as this nursing home keeps its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
This nursing home performed well in our nursing category. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A- for that category, which is one of our highest scores. Our nursing grade is primarily associated with a facility's level of nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 4.9 hours of nursing care per resident per day, which was among the highest totals we found. Finally, this facility also performed well in several of the quality-based metrics we looked at. In terms of the number of its patients suffering falls leading to serious injury, this place performed as well as any nursing home in the nation.
Does this page answer your questions about Humility House?
This nursing home also performed well in our inspection category, which is based on the nursing home's recent government inspection reports. We awarded it an impressive grade of B+ for that category, which is among our highest grades. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in computing our inspection ratings. One critical factor is health deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of these deficiencies is usually more meaningful than the number of deficiencies, as some of these can be relatively insignificant. Fortunately, although this facility had some minor dings on its report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means the government inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
The final category we graded is short-term care. We awarded this nursing home a decent score in this category, with a C. Although this was not as favorable as some of its other grades, it is nevertheless nothing to be ashamed of. Our short-term care grades are arguably most meaningful for folks needing rehabilitation services. Rehabilitation typically requires more highly-skilled nursing. This means not just nursing, but also physical and speech therapy, as well as other forms of therapy. One of this nursing home's strength is that it offers more hours of care from registered nurses to its residents. Finally, we looked at the number of residents who who were able to eventually return home from this nursing home. We found that 39.7 percent of this nursing home's patients were able to return home. This figure was actually below the national average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Humility House Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Humility House, 7.8% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric tells you the percentage of long-term stay residents that suffered from pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are an measure of a facility's nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Humility House, 3.62% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents that suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to severe injury are considered by many experts to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . Falls are routinely caused by poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Humility House, 1.75% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic gauges the percent of long-term residents who suffered from a UTI. While more infections may reflect poorly on a facility's nursing care, it is problematic to compare between nursing homes due to differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Humility House, 12.79% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric tells you the percentage of long-term care patients taking antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications serve an important medical purpose, it is important to make sure these medications are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Humility House, 22.34% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay residents who were administered antianxiety medication. These medications are given to patients suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Humility House, 19.84% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Humility House, 90.11% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Humility House, 15.05% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term care patients that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Humility House, 18.59% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who remained mobile levels. Some believe that mobility is vital to residents' physical and mental well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Humility House, 18.59 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Humility House, 11.79 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. There is a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Humility House, 74.53% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint measures the percentage of short-term care residents who experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Youngstown, OH
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Youngstown, Ohio has 14 other nursing homes
- Mh St Elizabeth Youngstown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.31 miles away1044 Belmont Avenue Youngstown Ohio 44501Voluntary non-profit - Church(330) 480-3962
- Mh St Joseph Warren HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.79 miles away667 Eastland Ave Se Warren Ohio 44481Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 841-4016
- Trumbull Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.24 miles away1350 East Market Street Warren Ohio 44482Proprietary(330) 841-9820
- Mh St Elizabeth Boardman HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.41 miles away8401 Market Street Youngstown Ohio 44512Voluntary non-profit - Church(330) 729-2929
- Salem Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.44 miles away1995 East State Street Salem Ohio 44460Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 332-1551
- Sharon Regional Health SystemAcute Care Hospitals 16.68 miles away740 East State Street Sharon Pennsylvania 16146Proprietary(724) 983-3800
- Fmc- Austintown1.77 miles away139 Javit Court Youngstown Ohio 44515CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (330) 799-1150
- Fresenius Kidney Care Cornersburg5.34 miles away3265 Canfield Rd, Unit C Youngstown Ohio 44511Dialysis Stations: 16 (330) 792-6341
- Fmc - Youngstown6.19 miles away1340 Belmont Avenue Youngstown Ohio 44504CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (330) 746-2860
- Youngstown - Warren Home Dialysis6.39 miles away4531 Belmont Ave. Youngstown Ohio 44505Dialysis Stations: 3 (330) 759-3807
- Arc/Cdc, Ltd.7.44 miles away3695 Stutz Drive Canfield Ohio 44406Dialysis Stations: 20 (330) 702-3040
- Fmc - Boardman Dialysis8.5 miles away257 Boardman-Canfield Rd. Youngstown Ohio 44512CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (330) 629-8856
- Warren Dialysis Center8.56 miles away8720 East Market Street, Ste 1a Warren Ohio 44484CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (330) 609-5502
- Boardman Dialysis Center, LLC9.94 miles away7153 Tiffany Blvd. Youngstown Ohio 44514CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (330) 729-1355