Located in North Bergen, New Jersey, Hudsonview Health Care Center is one of only three available facilities there. This is a strong facility with a grade of B+ overall. We were pleased to find out that many of the other facilities in North Bergen received similar scores. At the end of the day, this facility looks like a good fit for most people. This nursing home was stronger in some categories than others, but it didn't have any bad scores in any of our major categories discussed below. More information about these categories can be found below.
Hudsonview Health Care Center
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
To pair with a favorable overall score, we gave this place an A+ for our inspections rating. Inspection ratings account for several factors found on a nursing home's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we weigh heavily is the number and severity of deficiencies. Places with higher grades in this category generally have very few of these severe deficiencies. Although this place had a few deficiencies on its government inspection report, none were severe based on CMS' scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
Among this nursing home's other achievements is its high-end long-term care score. We gave them one of our better scores in that category, with a score of A-. Facilities that excel in this category typically are well-staffed and offer extensive hands on care to patients. After we finished assessing the amount of care provided by nurses, we then looked at the facility's vaccination record. This nursing home vaccinated 98.494354 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which is an impressive figure. Pneumonia sadly can be a life or death ailment for nursing home patients so we strongly prefer when a facility doesn't leave its residents vulnerable. Finally, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Hudsonview Health Care Center?
This facility is also strong in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of B. It outperformed most nursing homes in this category. Our nursing score is mostly associated with the nursing home's nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can generally be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Short-term Care Quality
The final category we graded is short-term care, where this facility received a grade of C. Although this is its lowest category score, this is still a middle of the pack score. With our short-term care category, we strive to forge a meaningful gauge for rehabilitation services. In doing so, we analyze a facility's level of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as respiratory therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final metric we considered in this area is the percentage of patients that returned home from the nursing home. We found that just 3.8 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Hudsonview Health Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Hudsonview Health Care Center, 9.57% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage caused by staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Hudsonview Health Care Center, 2.57% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of residents that have had a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injuries are considered by many experts to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care . Falls leading to injury are routinely caused by lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Hudsonview Health Care Center, 1.73% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic gauges the percent of long-term patients who suffered from UTI's. UTI's may be a sign of a facility with worst hygiene practices. Nevertheless, this metric could also be misleading for certain nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Hudsonview Health Care Center, 10.75% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many residents, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used appropriately. In limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Hudsonview Health Care Center, 17.5% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric is an indication of the percent of long-term patients who are administered antianxiety medication. These drugs are commonly used to treat residents suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Hudsonview Health Care Center, 5.81% of Patients
This is the percent of patients who are demonstrating signs of depression. High rates of depression could indicate a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Hudsonview Health Care Center, 92% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Hudsonview Health Care Center, 10.99% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living could be a sign of the decline of a resident's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Hudsonview Health Care Center, 14.79% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of residents that were able to retain mobility over time. Retaining mobility is often a good sign for residents' health.
In Hudsonview Health Care Center, 1.49 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. Staying out of the hospital is critical to preserving the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Hudsonview Health Care Center, 14.79 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Hudsonview Health Care Center, 8.17 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between reduced emergency room visits and the quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Hudsonview Health Care Center, 80.57% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percent of short-term stay residents who experienced functional improvements.
- Palisades Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.73 miles away7600 River Rd North Bergen New Jersey 07047Voluntary non-profit - Private(201) 854-5000
- Mount Sinai WestAcute Care Hospitals 2.43 miles away1000 Tenth Avenue New York New York 10019Voluntary non-profit - Private(212) 523-4000
- Lenox Hill HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.77 miles away100 East 77th Street New York New York 10021Voluntary non-profit - Private(212) 439-2345
- Harlem Hospital CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.94 miles away506 Lenox Avenue New York New York 10037Government - Local(212) 939-1000
- Metropolitan Hospital CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3 miles away1901 First Avenue New York New York 10029Government - Local(212) 423-6262
- Hospital for Special SurgeryAcute Care Hospitals 3.5 miles away535 East 70th Street New York New York 10021Voluntary non-profit - Private(212) 606-1000
- New York-Presbyterian Hospital-New York Weill CornAcute Care Hospitals 3.5 miles away525 East 68th Street New York New York 10065Voluntary non-profit - Private(212) 746-5454
- Lincoln Medical & Mental Health CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.82 miles away234 East 149th Street Bronx New York 10451Government - Local(718) 579-5000
- Davita Dialysis at Palisades Medical Center0.74 miles away7650 River Road Suite 150 North Bergen New Jersey 07047Dialysis Stations: 19 (201) 861-1031
- Fmc Fairview0.92 miles away155-161 Bergen Blvd Fairview New Jersey 07022CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (201) 941-6601
- Avantus Upper Manhattan Dialysis Center1.5 miles away801 Amsterdam Avenue New York New York 10025CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (646) 774-4400
- Avantus Harlem Green Dialysis2.21 miles away488 West 128th Street 2nd Floor New York New York 10027CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (212) 866-0206
- Mt. Sinai Kidney Ctr.2.36 miles away1 Gustave L. Levy Place Renal Treatment Ctr. Box 1147 New York New York 10029Dialysis Stations: 12 (212) 241-8081
- Ridgewood Dialysis Center, Inc.2.41 miles away1249 Fifth Avenue Dialysis Unit New York New York 10029CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (212) 360-3860
- Rogosin West Side2.49 miles away619 West 54th Street New York New York 10019CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (646) 317-0402
- City Dialysis Center2.61 miles away105 East 106th Street New York New York 10029CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (212) 348-6637