Hudson Hills Senior Living is a facility in North Bergen, New Jersey, which has a total of 60,773 people. We awarded this facility an A+ overall grade, ranking it in the top ten percent of all facilities in the United States. We really can't say enough good things about this nursing home. As you can see below, this place performed just as well in our category ratings. We give this place two thumbs up!
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Hudson Hills Senior Living
- Nursing Home
- Home Health Agency
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Adult Day Care
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
3161 Kennedy Blvd,
North Bergen NJ 07047
91.66% estimated occupancy 1
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Best Nursing Home in North Bergen, New Jersey Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in New Jersey Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in North Bergen, New Jersey Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
In addition to receiving a great overall grade, this facility also received an A+ long-term care grade. For prospective residents in need of a permanent residence as opposed to rehabilitation, long-term care is a very important category. One of the datapoints we considered on top of nurse's aid hours is vaccinations. This nursing home administered the pneumonia vaccine to 87.2449 percent of its patients. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
One of the other reasons we graded this nursing home so highly is that it earned a very impressive nursing score. Nursing proved to be its second best category grade. In that category, we awarded this nursing home an A+. Our nursing score is mostly associated with a facility's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.7 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well when it comes to minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Hudson Hills Senior Living?
This facility has received near flawless health inspections in recent years. We awarded them an impressive grade of A in this category. Arguably the most significant factor we consider in calculating our inspection scores is deficiencies. Deficiencies are found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes with better scores in this category typically avoided the most severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. This place received 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were considered severe. This indicates that the inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies to be an imminent risk to resident health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
Moving on to our last category, this facility also performed admirably in our short-term care category. In fact, we awarded it an A- for that category. This topped off truly elite report card. Our short-term care ratings are important for individuals seeking rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally requires additional highly-skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing means a broad scope of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last measure we looked at in this category is the number of patients that ultimately returned home from the facility. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Hudson Hills Senior Living Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Hudson Hills Senior Living, 8.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term patients which developed pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are a great barometer of the quality of nursing care a nursing home provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Hudson Hills Senior Living, 2.79% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of patients that suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injuries are considered to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. Falls which result in injury are routinely caused by lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Hudson Hills Senior Living, 1.44% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of nursing care . UTI's are often linked to poor nursing care. Nevertheless, this statistic can be skewed for certain nursing homes due to different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Hudson Hills Senior Living, 10.1% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents prescribed antipsychotic medications. These medications are used for a variety of conditions, such as cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Hudson Hills Senior Living, 17.29% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients who were administered antianxiety drugs. These medications are given to patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Hudson Hills Senior Living, 6.37% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay patients showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Hudson Hills Senior Living, 89.73% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Hudson Hills Senior Living, 10.05% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living could be a sign of erosion of a patient's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Hudson Hills Senior Living, 10.04% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care residents that remained mobile levels.
In Hudson Hills Senior Living, 1.88 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. Minimizing hospitalizations is key to preserving the physical well-being of nursing home patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Hudson Hills Senior Living, 10.04 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Hudson Hills Senior Living, 9.47 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Hudson Hills Senior Living, 81.82% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percentage of short-term care residents that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many argue that this is a reasonable measure of rehabilitation performance.
- Hudson Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.32 miles away55 Meadowlands Pkwy Secaucus New Jersey 07094Proprietary(201) 392-3200
- Mount Sinai WestAcute Care Hospitals 2.36 miles away1000 Tenth Avenue New York New York 10019Voluntary non-profit - Private(212) 523-4000
- Palisades Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.36 miles away7600 River Rd North Bergen New Jersey 07047Voluntary non-profit - Private(201) 854-5000
- Carepoint Health-Hoboken University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.37 miles away308 Willow Ave Hoboken New Jersey 07030Voluntary non-profit - Church(201) 418-1000
- Carepoint Health-Christ HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.97 miles away176 Palisade Ave Jersey City New Jersey 07306Voluntary non-profit - Church(201) 795-8200
- Lenox Hill HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.75 miles away100 East 77th Street New York New York 10021Voluntary non-profit - Private(212) 439-2345
- Nyu Langone HospitalsAcute Care Hospitals 3.76 miles away550 First Avenue New York New York 10016Voluntary non-profit - Private(212) 263-7300
- Bellevue Hospital CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.79 miles away462 First Avenue New York New York 10016Government - Local(212) 562-4141
- Fmc Union Hill0.27 miles away508 31st Street Union City New Jersey 07087CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (201) 902-9382
- Fmc Hoboken Dialysis Ctr1.33 miles away1600 Willow Ave Hoboken New Jersey 07030Dialysis Stations: 16 (201) 656-7500
- Davita Jersey City Akc No Bergen1.41 miles away1310 5th Street North Bergen New Jersey 07047CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (201) 770-9220
- Rogosin West Side2.07 miles away619 West 54th Street New York New York 10019CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (646) 317-0402
- Davita Dialysis at Palisades Medical Center2.33 miles away7650 River Road Suite 150 North Bergen New Jersey 07047Dialysis Stations: 19 (201) 861-1031
- Fkc Secaucus2.33 miles away200 Meadowslands Parkway Suite 200a Secaucus New Jersey 07094Dialysis Stations: 19 (201) 583-6650
- New York Dialysis Services, Inc.3.25 miles away510-526 Avenue of the Americas Sub Cellar New York New York 10011CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (212) 675-6880
- River Renal Services, LLC3.33 miles away462 First Avenue - Hosp Bldg 5 North New York New York 10016Dialysis Stations: 18 (212) 839-0700