Hrh Transitional Care Unit(a D/B/a Entity of Hrhs) is a facility located in Jenkintown, Pennsylvania, a city with a total of 17,809 people. We awarded this nursing home an overall score of A+, which is a first-rate grade. In fact, it proved to be the highest graded facility in the city. We really couldn't find many negative things to say about this nursing home. Its scores are just impeccable. If you scroll down, you can see this place's category grades, which are just as impressive as its overall rating.
Hrh Transitional Care Unit(a D/B/a Entity of Hrhs)
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to receiving a great overall grade, this nursing home received an A+ in the area of short-term care. Short-term care grades are typically employed to gauge a nursing home's performance with rehabilitation. In order to provide highly rated rehabilitation services, facilities generally must feature higher levels of highly skilled nursing services. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, respiratory therapists and other types of therapists. This nursing home employs both physical therapists and registered nurses. Not all facilities employ these skilled professionals. Finally, we considered the percentage of patients who were able to return home from this nursing home. We found that 7 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
This nursing home also received a nearly flawless inspection. As a result, it earned one of our highest scores in that area with an A+. This is one of the few facilities to receive multiple A+'s. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in computing these inspection ratings. One of those factors is deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some can be quite insignificant. Although this facility had a few deficiencies on its inspection report, none were severe based on CMS' deficiency scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Hrh Transitional Care Unit(a D/B/a Entity of Hrhs)?
Long-term Care Quality
Turning the page to our next category, this nursing home was given a strong long-term care score. In fact, we gave it a grade of A in this category. For patients looking for a permanent residence rather than rehabilitation, long-term care is an important category. Once we looked at the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination statistics. Unfortunately, we were not able to find this place's vaccination data. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
In our last category, this nursing home also was awarded a very strong nursing grade, with an A-. This completed a first-rate report card. In calculating a facility's nursing grade, we consider the amount of time nurses are seeing patients as well as the level of skill of the nurses. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can often be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as by employing a system of turning patients more frequently.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Hrh Transitional Care Unit(a D/B/a Entity of Hrhs) Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Hrh Transitional Care Unit(a D/B/a Entity of Hrhs), 8.84 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Hrh Transitional Care Unit(a D/B/a Entity of Hrhs), 72.22% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term residents who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Holy Redeemer Hospital and Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0 miles away1648 Huntingdon Pike Jenkintown Pennsylvania 19046Voluntary non-profit - Church(215) 947-3000
- Abington Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.11 miles away1200 Old York Road Abington Pennsylvania 19001Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 481-2000
- Jeanes HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.8 miles away7600 Central Avenue Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19111Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 728-2000
- Nazareth HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4 miles away2601 Holme Ave Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19152Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 335-6000
- Aria HealthAcute Care Hospitals 5.81 miles away10800 Knights Road Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19114Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 612-4129
- Albert Einstein Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.08 miles away5501 Old York Road Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19141Voluntary non-profit - Other(215) 456-6090
- Chestnut Hill HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.25 miles away8835 Germantown Ave Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19118Proprietary(215) 248-8200
- St Christopher's Hospital for ChildrenChildrens 7.49 miles away160 East Erie Ave Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19134Proprietary(215) 427-5000
- Davita - Huntingdon Valley Dialysis1.6 miles away769 Huntingdon Pike Huntingdon Valley Pennsylvania 19006CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 23 (215) 379-1788
- Davita Willow Grove Dialysis3.01 miles away1849 Davisville Road Willow Grove Pennsylvania 19090Dialysis Stations: 24 (215) 659-3426
- Davita - Abington Dialysis3.01 miles away3940-a Commerce Avenue Willow Grove Pennsylvania 19090CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (215) 830-1115
- Bio Medical Applications of Pennsylvania, Inc.3.2 miles away700 Cottman Avenue, Building A Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19111Dialysis Stations: 13 (215) 745-3183
- Davita - Grant One Dialysis Center3.43 miles away9475 Roosevelt Boulevard, Suite 9 Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19114CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (215) 673-0490
- Northeast Philadelphia Dialysis Center, LLC3.46 miles away9815 Roosevelt Blvd., Suite 1a Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19114Dialysis Stations: 17 (215) 330-0494
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Greater Northeast3.67 miles away10500 Roosevelt Blvd Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19116Dialysis Stations: 15 (215) 673-3923
- Davita - Wyncote Dialysis3.7 miles awayCedarbrook Plaza 1000 Easton Road, Suite 250 Wyncote Pennsylvania 19095CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (215) 884-3398