Hospitality Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Center is a senior living facility located in Xenia, Ohio, a city with 37,247 people. This nursing home was given a bottom of the barrel overall rating based on the data we assessed. If you are not satisfied with this facility's low overall grade, you may find you have slim pickings in Xenia. The city has just two other nursing homes. We would not blame you if you are ready to stop reading and find another nursing home. However, if you want to learn more about this facility's category grades, we will discuss inspections in the next paragraph.
Hospitality Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
1301 North Monroe Drive,
Xenia OH 45385
67.47% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Registered Staff Hours
We really were not high on this nursing home's overall grade or its category ratings. We gave it a grade of just D for inspections and that actually turned out to be its highest grade. One of the more critical factors in assessing inspection reports is deficiencies. We recommend you scrutinize the severity of the deficiencies. This particular nursing home was assessed 5 deficiencies by CMS. The only favorable thing we can say is that none of the deficiencies were in the categories that suggest that they posed a risk to resident health or safety. Finally, we would like to point out that this nursing home was assessed significant government fines of over $100,000. This typically means that a nursing home's bad track record has been an issue for more than one year.
Short-term Care Quality
We also want to point out that this nursing home was given an F for its short-term care grade. Our short-term care grade is generally employed to score a nursing home's rehabilitation services. To have good rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally need to feature higher levels of highly skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other highly trained professionals. As you might expect, we discovered that this place provides significantly less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per patient than the typical nursing home. Finally, we looked at the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that just 0 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Hospitality Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Center?
In addition, we gave this facility an F in the area of nursing care. Our nursing score assesses several subcategories, many of which are associated with quantities of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in calculating our nursing grades. This place fared well when it comes to minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. Many consider these metrics to be reliable indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on to our last category, this nursing home really did not perform well in this category either. Due to a very poor grade of F in long-term care, this is about as as uninspiring as it gets. Long-term care scores in this range generally are a bad sign for the quantity and quality of care provided by nurses and aids. Once we concluded our assessment of the volume of care provided by nurses, we turned to the facility's vaccination data. Candidly, we were a bit worried that this nursing home vaccinated only 87.43961 percent of its residents for pneumonia. Surprisingly, this nursing home actually fared well at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. This was its best score in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Hospitality Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Hospitality Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 7.61% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are routinely caused by patients staying in one position for too long. Better nursing care can minimize the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Hospitality Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 3.74% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term patients who have experienced falls leading to serious injury. This is one of the statistics we use in determining nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Hospitality Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 1.71% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents that sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are routinely the result of lower quality nursing care. Closer supervision can reduce the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. We want to point out that this datapoint is sometimes skewed by the fact that facilities have different reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Hospitality Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 13.23% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These drugs are used for treating several conditions, including dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Hospitality Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 22.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric gauges the percent of long-term residents that are given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are used to treat residents suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Hospitality Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 20.26% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who are exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Hospitality Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 90.12% of Patients
This is the percent of residents that were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Hospitality Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 14.88% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living may be a sign of decline of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Hospitality Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 16.29% Percentage of Residents
This metric tracks the percentage of long-term stay residents that maintained mobility.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Hospitality Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 16.29 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Hospitality Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 75.25% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term residents that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Greene Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.13 miles away1141 North Monroe Drive Xenia Ohio 45385Voluntary non-profit - Private(937) 352-2000
- Soin Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.5 miles away3535 Pentagon Park Blvd Dayton Ohio 45431Voluntary non-profit - Private(937) 702-4000
- Kettering Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.85 miles away3535 Southern Boulevard Dayton Ohio 45429Voluntary non-profit - Church(937) 395-8165
- Grandview Hospital & Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.14 miles away405 Grand Avenue Dayton Ohio 45405Voluntary non-profit - Other(937) 723-3200
- Mercy Health - Springfield Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.83 miles away100 Medical Center Drive Springfield Ohio 45504Voluntary non-profit - Private(937) 523-1000
- Sycamore Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 17.62 miles away4000 Miamisburg-Centerville Road Miamisburg Ohio 45342Voluntary non-profit - Church(937) 384-8776
- Clinton Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.36 miles away610 West Main Street Wilmington Ohio 45177Government - Local(937) 382-6611
- Davita Southwest Ohio Dialysis1.57 miles away215 South Allison Avenue Xenia Ohio 45385Dialysis Stations: 16 (937) 376-1453
- Davita - Fairborn Dialysis8.48 miles away3070 Presidential Drive, Suite 120 Fairborn Ohio 45324Dialysis Stations: 12 (937) 426-6475
- Davita - Midwest Fairborn Dialysis10.16 miles away1266 North Broad St. Fairborn Ohio 45324Dialysis Stations: 19 (937) 879-0433
- Davita - Kettering Dialysis10.92 miles away5721 Bigger Road Dayton Ohio 45440Dialysis Stations: 17 (937) 435-4030
- Davita - Dayton East at Home10.99 miles away1431 Business Center Court, Ste B Dayton Ohio 45410Dialysis Stations: 2 (937) 252-1867
- Davita Dialysis Centers of Dayton East10.99 miles away1431 Business Center Court Dayton Ohio 45410Dialysis Stations: 15 (937) 252-1867
- Davita - Home Dialysis of Dayton South14.36 miles away3030 S Dixie Drive Dayton Ohio 45409Dialysis Stations: 2 (937) 296-1171
- Fresenius Kidney Care Dayton East14.42 miles away821 S. Edwin C. Moses Blvd. Dayton Ohio 45417Dialysis Stations: 21 (937) 222-5859