With an address in Hermitage, Pennsylvania, Hospitality Care Center of Her is one of a mere two nursing homes in this city. We gave this nursing home an overall grade of B-. A score in this range requires some respectable marks. Based on the data we reviewed, there are certainly much worse nursing homes out there. The best part of this facility's profile was is its long-term care rating. Long-term care grades are discussed in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Hospitality Care Center of Her
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
3726 East State Street,
Hermitage PA 16148
Get pricing and details on Hermitage senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home's overall grade was propped up by a strong long-term care score. We gave them one of our better grades in that category, with a B+. In a long-term care environment, the facility's primary objective is to keep patients healthy and safe. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate residents. On top of looking at the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home provided the vaccine to 86.48649 percent of its residents. This is slightly lower than we expected. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. It had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Short-term Care Quality
We also gave this facility a strong score in short-term care. This nursing home received a B in this area, which turns out to be one of our better scores. In calculating our short-term care ratings, we assess a nursing home's levels of highly skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists occupational therapists and other highly skilled individuals. This area is often a reliable assessment of a nursing home's rehabilitation. Unfortunately, we were not able to locate information about this nursing home's registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. Lastly, we assessed the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Hospitality Care Center of Her?
Another reason we rated this facility so highly is that it earned an A+ nursing score. There are a host of factors within this category. Most of the criteria are tied to nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in the area of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
The final category we assessed is inspections. We were surprised to find that this nursing home received such a poor inspection rating. We gave it just a just D in this category. This grade is not on par with some of this nursing home's other category grades. Inspection scores relate to a facility's inspection reports. Since this information is collected by government inspectors, we tend to weight it pretty heavily. Our inspection grades weigh many items on the nursing home's inspection reports. If you find too many deficiencies on the reports, this is generally a bad sign. Severe deficiencies indicate a risk to patient safety. This facility had 8 deficiencies by government inspectors. The only favorable thing we can say is that none of these deficiencies were in the categories that suggest they created a threat to resident safety or health. Finally, we need to point out that this nursing home was assessed large government fines of over $100,000. This often signifies that a nursing home's poor track record has been an issue for more than one year.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Hospitality Care Center of Her Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Hospitality Care Center of Her, 8.33% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin due to remaining in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Hospitality Care Center of Her, 10.81% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients who sustained a fall resulting in severe injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls could be a sign of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Hospitality Care Center of Her, 0% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many experts to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely caused by a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this datapoint can also be misleading for certain facilities due to varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Hospitality Care Center of Her, 18.92% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of residents who were given antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many patients, it is important to ensure these medications are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, increased usage of these drugs may indicate a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Hospitality Care Center of Her, 18.92% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of patients who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are commonly prescribed to patients experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Hospitality Care Center of Her, 0% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who are exhibiting depressive symptoms. Increased rates of depression may imply lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Hospitality Care Center of Her, 87.98% of Patients
This is the percent of residents who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Hospitality Care Center of Her, 25.71% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Hospitality Care Center of Her, 25.28% of Residents
This metric tracks the percentage of long-term care residents who remained mobile levels.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Hospitality Care Center of Her, 25.28% of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Hospitality Care Center of Her, 65.84% of Resident
This is the percent of short-term patients who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of performance with activities of daily living often correlates with superior rehabilitation.
- Sharon Regional Health SystemAcute Care Hospitals 2.8 miles away740 East State Street Sharon Pennsylvania 16146Proprietary(724) 983-3800
- Upmc HorizonAcute Care Hospitals 12.84 miles away110 North Main Street Greenville Pennsylvania 16125Voluntary non-profit - Private(724) 588-2100
- Mh St Elizabeth Youngstown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.94 miles away1044 Belmont Avenue Youngstown Ohio 44501Voluntary non-profit - Church(330) 480-3962
- Upmc JamesonAcute Care Hospitals 15.99 miles away1211 Wilmington Avenue New Castle Pennsylvania 16105Voluntary non-profit - Other(724) 656-4100
- Mh St Joseph Warren HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.41 miles away667 Eastland Ave Se Warren Ohio 44481Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 841-4016
- Trumbull Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 18.46 miles away1350 East Market Street Warren Ohio 44482Proprietary(330) 841-9820
- Grove City Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 18.98 miles away631 North Broad Street Ext. Grove City Pennsylvania 16127Voluntary non-profit - Private(724) 450-7000
- Dci of Shenango Valley0.85 miles away737 Brookshire Drive Hermitage Pennsylvania 16148Dialysis Stations: 19 (724) 342-3040
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Hermitage1.4 miles away3036 Innovation Way Hermitage Pennsylvania 16148CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (724) 981-1328
- Youngstown - Warren Home Dialysis12.83 miles away4531 Belmont Ave. Youngstown Ohio 44505Dialysis Stations: 3 (330) 759-3807
- Fmc - Youngstown13.88 miles away1340 Belmont Avenue Youngstown Ohio 44504CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (330) 746-2860
- Warren Dialysis Center15.11 miles away8720 East Market Street, Ste 1a Warren Ohio 44484CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (330) 609-5502
- Fmc - Warren16.04 miles away2100 Millenium Blvd Cortland Ohio 44410CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (330) 372-4030
- Fresenius Kidney Care - New Castle16.31 miles away207 West Laurel Avenue New Castle Pennsylvania 16101CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (724) 658-1216
- New Castle Dialysis Center17.04 miles away100 South Jefferson Street, Suite 187 New Castle Pennsylvania 16101Dialysis Stations: 16 (724) 652-2585