With an address in Hermitage, Pennsylvania, Hospitality Care Center of Her is one of just a few nursing homes in this city. This nursing home is an A rated facility. This nursing home received one of the best ratings we offer. A score in this range requires excellent scores across the board. We were so impressed with this facility that we ranked it in the top fifth of all nursing homes in the United States. Lastly, this nursing home's ownership changed in the last year, so we will need to monitor it to confirm it maintains its high level of care.
Hospitality Care Center of Her
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
Please note our records indicate that Hospitality Care Center of Her has changed ownership recently and while our data on this page is up-to-date there is a chance that the quality of this facility may change under new management.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A for our nursing rating. Nursing scores are based in large part on levels of nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well when it comes to avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility also fared very well in the category of long-term care, where it received a score of A. Very few nursing homes performed better in this category. Nursing homes that excel in long-term care typically are well-staffed and provide extensive hands on care to residents. After we finished looking at the volume of nursing care, we turned to the facility's vaccination record. This facility vaccinated 98.4127 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which is very impressive. Pneumonia sadly can be a life threatening condition for nursing home patients so we like it when a facility doesn't leave its residents vulnerable. Lastly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Hospitality Care Center of Her?
Short-term Care Quality
Building on its fine profile, this nursing home also received a dominant short-term care grade, with a score of A-. In calculating our short-term care grades, we size up the nursing home's levels of highly skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists respiratory therapists and other highly trained professionals. This grade is generally a useful assessment of a nursing home's rehabilitation. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final statistic we considered in this area is the percentage of patients that ultimately were able to return home from the facility. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Completing its excellent profile, this facility also performed well in the area of inspections. In fact, we awarded it an impressive grade of B+ for that category. Our inspection grades are based on many items found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that excel in this category tend to have few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. Fortunately, although this place had a few minor dings on its government inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you that the government inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Hospitality Care Center of Her Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Hospitality Care Center of Her, 7.59% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin due to staying in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Hospitality Care Center of Her, 3.37% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents that suffered from a fall leading to major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Hospitality Care Center of Her, 1.9% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections are associated with poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Hospitality Care Center of Her, 15.54% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic is an indication of the percent of long-term care patients who are administered antipsychotic drugs. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior in situations where such medications aren't medically indicated. Nevertheless, some nursing homes may need to rely more on these drugs due to having more patients with dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Hospitality Care Center of Her, 19.74% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric indicates the percentage of long-term care residents taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Hospitality Care Center of Her, 3.12% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents demonstrating signs of depression. Increased rates of depression could be a sign lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Hospitality Care Center of Her, 88.22% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Hospitality Care Center of Her, 14.84% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Hospitality Care Center of Her, 21.64% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of patients who maintained mobility over time. Optimizing mobility can be a good sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Hospitality Care Center of Her, 21.64 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Hospitality Care Center of Her, 72.59% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percentage of short-term residents who saw functional improvements.
- Sharon Regional Health SystemAcute Care Hospitals 2.8 miles away740 East State Street Sharon Pennsylvania 16146Proprietary(724) 983-3800
- Upmc HorizonAcute Care Hospitals 12.84 miles away110 North Main Street Greenville Pennsylvania 16125Voluntary non-profit - Private(724) 588-2100
- Mh St Elizabeth Youngstown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.94 miles away1044 Belmont Avenue Youngstown Ohio 44501Voluntary non-profit - Church(330) 480-3962
- Upmc JamesonAcute Care Hospitals 15.99 miles away1211 Wilmington Avenue New Castle Pennsylvania 16105Voluntary non-profit - Other(724) 656-4100
- Mh St Joseph Warren HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.41 miles away667 Eastland Ave Se Warren Ohio 44481Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 841-4016
- Trumbull Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 18.46 miles away1350 East Market Street Warren Ohio 44482Proprietary(330) 841-9820
- Grove City Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 18.98 miles away631 North Broad Street Ext. Grove City Pennsylvania 16127Voluntary non-profit - Private(724) 450-7000
- Dci of Shenango Valley0.85 miles away737 Brookshire Drive Hermitage Pennsylvania 16148Dialysis Stations: 19 (724) 342-3040
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Hermitage1.4 miles away3036 Innovation Way Hermitage Pennsylvania 16148CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (724) 981-1328
- Youngstown - Warren Home Dialysis12.83 miles away4531 Belmont Ave. Youngstown Ohio 44505Dialysis Stations: 3 (330) 759-3807
- Fmc - Youngstown13.88 miles away1340 Belmont Avenue Youngstown Ohio 44504CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (330) 746-2860
- Warren Dialysis Center15.11 miles away8720 East Market Street, Ste 1a Warren Ohio 44484CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (330) 609-5502
- Fmc - Warren16.04 miles away2100 Millenium Blvd Cortland Ohio 44410CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (330) 372-4030
- Fresenius Kidney Care - New Castle16.31 miles away207 West Laurel Avenue New Castle Pennsylvania 16101CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (724) 658-1216
- New Castle Dialysis Center17.04 miles away100 South Jefferson Street, Suite 187 New Castle Pennsylvania 16101Dialysis Stations: 16 (724) 652-2585