Hope Care Center is a very-small non-profit nursing home located in Kansas City, Missouri. Sporting an overall rating of A, this facility is head and heals above the vast majority of the nursing homes in Kansas City. Kansas City offers a double digit count of nursing homes, however, we doubt you will need to look at too many others. This one is a very fine option. This facility also received consistently good grades in all of our categories. More information about its category grades is available below.
Hope Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- No Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Home Making
Top Nursing Home in Missouri Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Missouri Awards 2020
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
One of the many reasons this proved to be a great facility is that it earned a very impressive long-term care rating. In this category, we awarded this nursing home an impressive grade of A. Nursing homes that receive this type of grade in long-term care tend to provide consistent 24/7 care to make sure residents are kept in good health. In addition to considering the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility administered the vaccine to 68.333336 percent of its residents. This is somewhat less than we expected but still a decent percentage. While its vaccination rate was a bit lower than we like to see, we were pleased to find nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Adding to its strong resume, this facility also received an excellent nursing score, with a grade of A. We assessed the levels of nurses at the nursing home, as well as the quantity of hours the nurses spent with residents, in computing our rating in this category. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well when it comes to minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Hope Care Center?
In addition, this facility also earned a nearly flawless government inspection report. It received one of our highest grades in that category with a score of A. These inspection grades weigh several factors, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these items by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Although this nursing home had a few deficiencies on its government inspection report, none of them were serious based on CMS' deficiency scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
The last category we scored is short-term care, where this facility was given a grade of B. Believe it or not, this ended up being this nursing home's least impressive category. A nursing home is doing something right when their weakest grade still rates higher than most other nursing homes. In calculating our short-term care grades, we analyze a facility's levels of highly skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists respiratory therapists and other licensed professionals. This rating is more often than not a meaningful assessment of a nursing home's ability to rehabilitate patients. We were not able to find registered nurse or physical therapy staffing data for this facility. Finally, we considered the number of residents who ultimately returned home from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Hope Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Hope Care Center, 9.28% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic indicates the percent of long-term residents which are suffering from new or worsened pressure ulcers . We bake this statistic into both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Hope Care Center, 3.89% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents who sustained a major fall. Falls leading to major injuries are often associated with poor nursing care. Closer supervision limits the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Hope Care Center, 3.39% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of patients who have had a urinary tract infection. These infections are linked to poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Hope Care Center, 20.47% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents taking antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to make sure these medications are being used appropriately. In limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Hope Care Center, 24.32% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay residents which were given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are prescribed to residents suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Hope Care Center, 4.19% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents who are showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Hope Care Center, 88.53% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term patients who were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Hope Care Center, 14.79% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay patients who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Hope Care Center, 14.68% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percentage of residents who were able to retain mobility over time. Retaining mobility is usually a great sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Hope Care Center, 14.68 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Scores for Kansas City, MO
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Kansas City, Missouri has 28 other nursing homes
- Research Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.59 miles away2316 E Meyer Blvd Kansas City Missouri 64132Proprietary(816) 276-4000
- St Joseph Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.12 miles away1000 Carondelet Dr Kansas City Missouri 64114Proprietary(816) 942-4400
- St Lukes Hospital of Kansas CityAcute Care Hospitals 4.73 miles away4401 Wornall Road Kansas City Missouri 64111Voluntary non-profit - Private(816) 932-2000
- University of Kansas HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.47 miles away4000 Cambridge Street Kansas City Kansas 66160Government - Hospital District or Authority(913) 588-7332
- Menorah Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.63 miles away5721 West 119th Street Leawood Kansas 66209Voluntary non-profit - Other(913) 498-6773
- Adventhealth Shawnee MissionAcute Care Hospitals 5.71 miles away9100 W 74th Street Overland Park Kansas 66204Voluntary non-profit - Church(913) 676-2152
- Saint Luke's South HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.58 miles away12300 Metcalf Avenue Overland Park Kansas 66213Voluntary non-profit - Other(913) 317-7904
- Childrens Mercy HospitalChildrens 7.28 miles away2401 Gillham Road Kansas City Missouri 64108Voluntary non-profit - Private(816) 234-3000
- Dialysis Clinics, Inc - Swope Parkway0.82 miles away6530 Troost Ave Kansas City Missouri 64131Dialysis Stations: 24 (816) 363-8228
- Dialysis Clinics, Inc - Baptist0.82 miles away6530 Troost Ave Kansas City Missouri 64131CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (816) 363-8228
- Kansas City Dialysis & Transplant Center2.58 miles away2340 E Meyer Blvd Building 1, Suite #100 Kansas City Missouri 64132CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 33 (816) 444-2098
- Dialysis Clinics, Inc - Saint Joseph2.85 miles away650 Carondelet Dr Kansas City Missouri 64114CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 38 (816) 941-0595
- Dialysis Clinics, Inc - State Line Dialysis2.95 miles away621 Carondelet Dr Kansas City Missouri 64114Dialysis Stations: 8 (816) 942-3650
- Concerto Kansas, LLC4.45 miles away6740 W 121st St Suite 100 Leawood Kansas 66209Dialysis Stations: 1 (913) 283-8063
- Rai - Rainbow Blvd - Westwood4.68 miles away4720 Rainbow Blvd Suite 200 Mission Kansas 66205CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (913) 403-0441
- Timberlake Dialysis4.75 miles away12110 Holmes Rd Kansas City Missouri 64145Dialysis Stations: 12 (816) 942-3827