Hoosier Village is one of 24 facilities in Indianapolis, Indiana. Featuring an overall score of A, this facility is ranked among the highest-graded facilities we looked at. In fact, this facility has the distinction of being one of the 50 best nursing homes in Indiana. One of the major highlights of this nursing home's exemplary report card is its inspection rating. Inspection grades are discussed in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Indianapolis senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in Indiana Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Indiana Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Indianapolis, Indiana Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Indiana Awards 2021
Best Nursing Home in Indianapolis, Indiana Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to receiving an elite overall grade, this facility also earned an A+ inspection score. This is based on the facility's recent inspection reports. An A+ in this area is one of the best complements we can pay to a nursing home. Inspection scores weigh several factors found on a facility's inspection report. One key criteria we weigh heavily is the number and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with better grades in this area generally have few of these severe deficiencies. This facility was assessed 8 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe deficiencies. This tells you that CMS didn't deem any of these deficiencies to pose an immediate risk to patient health or safety. A couple relatively minor dings aren't something to panic about.
Short-term Care Quality
In addition, this facility was given dominant marks in the category of short-term care. Consequently, it was given one of our most impressive scores in that category with a score of A+. In the category of short-term care, we try to qualify measures of a facility's rehabilitation. We look at the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including the ones performed by registered nurses and physical therapists. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final metric we assessed in this area is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return home. We discovered that 6.3 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Hoosier Village?
This nursing home also received a very impressive nursing grade. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of A. The nursing score is based on several subcategories, however, the paramount one is the number of nurse hours spent with patients. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well when it comes to avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we analyzed is long-term care. We awarded this facility a decent score in this category, with a grade of B-. Even though this wasn't on par with many of this facility's other grades, it is nevertheless not a major area of concern. In the area of long-term care, we look at the amount of care offered by a facility, rather than more healthcare-oriented services. One of the statistics we considered after nursing hours was vaccines. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that this nursing home submitted vaccination data. Lastly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Hoosier Village Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Hoosier Village, 12.43 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to gauge the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Hoosier Village, 73.74% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term stay residents that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Indianapolis, IN
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Indianapolis, Indiana has 23 other nursing homes
- St Vincent Hospital & Health ServicesAcute Care Hospitals 3.05 miles away2001 W 86th St Indianapolis Indiana 46260Voluntary non-profit - Church(317) 338-7000
- St Vincent Heart Center of Indiana LLCAcute Care Hospitals 4.82 miles away10580 N Meridian St Indianapolis Indiana 46290Proprietary(317) 583-5000
- Indiana University Health North HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.04 miles away11700 N Meridian St Carmel Indiana 46032Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 688-2000
- St Vincent Carmel Hospital IncAcute Care Hospitals 6.56 miles away13500 N Meridian St Carmel Indiana 46032Voluntary non-profit - Church(317) 582-7000
- Indiana University HealthAcute Care Hospitals 10.57 miles away1701 N Senate Blvd Indianapolis Indiana 46202Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 962-5900
- Eskenazi HealthAcute Care Hospitals 11.04 miles away720 Eskenazi Avenue Indianapolis Indiana 46202Government - Local(317) 880-4818
- Community Hospital NorthAcute Care Hospitals 11.07 miles away7150 Clearvista Dr Indianapolis Indiana 46256Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 621-5335
- Iu Health West HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.39 miles away1111 N Ronald Reagan Pkwy Avon Indiana 46123Proprietary(317) 217-3000
- Nxkc Indianapolis Northwest, LLC1.54 miles away9101 N. Wesleyan Rd, Suite 115 Indianapolis Indiana 46268Dialysis Stations: 3 (317) 829-9770
- Fmc - Indianapolis-North3.8 miles away1225 W 86th Street Indianapolis Indiana 46260CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (317) 228-0169
- Us Renal Care- Nw Indianapolis Renal Center4.02 miles away6488 Corporate Drive Indianapolis Indiana 46268CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (317) 328-9667
- Davita Home Dialysis of Indianapolis5 miles away8803 N. Meridian Street Indianapolis Indiana 46260Dialysis Stations: 5 (317) 574-1798
- Fmc - Carmel5.54 miles away12400 North Meridian St., Ste 200 Carmel Indiana 46032Dialysis Stations: 12 (317) 575-8312
- Dialyze Direct in, LLC5.9 miles away13295 Illinois St. Carmel Indiana 46032Dialysis Stations: 1 (463) 219-0231
- Davita - Carmel Health and Living6.85 miles away118 Medical Drive, Suite 114 Carmel Indiana 46032Dialysis Stations: 6 (317) 844-9045
- Davita - Carmel Dialysis7 miles away180 East Carmel Drive Carmel Indiana 46032Dialysis Stations: 12 (317) 575-8916